Carlos Alcaraz

Master Bates

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I believe Rothwell was his replacement, and if I'm totally honest with you - I have no idea, was pretty gutted when it was announced as it came from nowhere. 

He wasn't playing enough was the argument, but he should have been in the team every week. 

I think russ just preferred stuey .. and it was at the time smallbone was getting in every week . Both are decent to be fair but alcaraz for sure looked a serious prospect after being one of our shining lights in the premiership 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I believe Rothwell was his replacement, and if I'm totally honest with you - I have no idea, was pretty gutted when it was announced as it came from nowhere. 

He wasn't playing enough was the argument, but he should have been in the team every week. 

Rothwell has scored four very important goals since he’s been here. Alcaraz scored two, plus a third nothing goal in injury time against Blackburn. Alcaraz absolutely should not have been in the team every week, he gave the ball away a lot and didn’t look on the same wavelength as his teammates. Truth be told, he’s done very little since a very short flurry of goals when he first joined.

Put it this way, if their names were José Rosario and Charlie Belmash, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Put it this way, if their names were José Rosario and Charlie Belmash, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

I never understand when people say that, it's nonsense. Rothwell has scored some important goals for sure, but I just felt Charly had much more about him. Yeah, he gave the ball away sometimes (flair players do that), but in open play he could carry the ball which Rothwell seems incapable of doing.

Big chance for Rothwell tonight to demonstrate his game in a more advanced role.

• Like 4