Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread

goodymatt

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

It's a bit of a strange thing up north when on public transport people start talking to you and you don't even know them , what's that about ?

Just nod and say very slowly you hate thatcher or independence for Yorkshire you’ll be having fruit cake with cheese back at their terrace house within minutes 

• Like 1

'Uddersfield thing

• To add to the unbeaten run will be brilliant
  • but it has to count for something at the end of the season
  • It will be a difficult game as they are fighting and running for everything
  • Their caretaker manager knows the club, and they seem to be enjoying it
  • We need to be hungry and humble to do well, but we want to keep this run going
  • The coach's job is to bring the energy for the players, it the players job to stay hungry and brave
  • They cannot turn up and expect something, I challenge them to run and work
  • If they maintain that, we will continue to be horrible to play against
  • Tuesday first half was the first time in a while that we were nice to play against
  • We all have a winner inside us, that is why we do this job. But we have to balance that
  • They way we play at times, shows so much courage, some may believe it to be arrogant, but it is difficult
  • I am frustrated we do not have more points, we should have more points
  • We now have to fight really hard to remain top 2, but we have a brilliant group
  • I think the squad we have is a great problem to have, the bench is so strong
  • Kamladeen is back tomorrow in the squad, and he is unique compared to everyone else
  • Hopefully, when you make changes the team will not look too different
  • The young guys who came in should take credit for coming in and doing well
  • We have to balance the squad with the number of games, everyone will get opportunities
  • They need to push themselves to stay in the team, the subs have been huge this season and will continue to do so
  • I think Kamaldeen is excited to be back, he has been training so hard
  • Brooksy and Joe Rothwell have been brilliant, and coincidently, Will Smallbone has stepped up in the last few games
  • Kamaldeen may need to be patient. He came in a while ago and did really well, but he got injured, but he knows he has to wait for his chance again
Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 14

Good news that Kamaldeen is back in the squad, just Bree left to return from injury now (of those expected to feature this season). Aribo will be involved in the AFCON final this Sunday and then hopefully he’s celebrating winning the tournament before being back and in contention for the WBA squad (assuming Bristol is too soon). So could be up to full strength minus Stewart this time next week. 

It’s encouraging that Mara seems to be finding his feet and the absent players are returning as we approach a difficult run of relentless fixtures, gives us the best chance of keeping this momentum going. I expect us to dominate the game tomorrow and win comfortably but Huddersfield had plenty of players missing last time and had a few big chances in the second half before scoring from a fluke cross, however we do seem to have improved on the drop offs of late unless the game is truly won.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I’m an honorary Yorkshire man too. I’ve been here 11 years and although I don’t own a whippet one day after about six months I walked past a country clothing shop and had an uncontrollable urge to buy a flat cap. I noticed that after a few more weeks I had put on a. Significant amount of weight and had started greeting people with “ey up” instead of ignoring Them and looking at my feet like a southerner does. Amongst other positive changes to me is that I no longer eat any of that foreign muck and have a healthy diet now which consists of meat, two veg, a Yorkshire pudding and lard. I also only drink tasty bitter now not that flat lager you all drink down there. I’ve also become significantly harder no southern man can beat me in an arm wrestle and when it snows I just put my coat on. Things aren’t perfect up here by any means but that could easily change if they went back to how it used to be and stopped these foreigners playing cricket for Yorkshire, and of course giving us independence, when you live in gods county we don’t need the rest of you and your poncy southern ways.  

as for the game i cant see anything other than a work man like tough display from Hudders but saints to run out comfortable winners a celebrate our win with a few pints of real ale and lard sandwich. 

I will not be part of any sandwich. And certainly not play my part in any meat and two veg shenanigans. 
just to set the record straight. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

It's a bit of a strange thing up north when on public transport people start talking to you and you don't even know them , what's that about ?

Yeah, had a chap start chatting to me on the train back from Rotherham last Saturday. I offered him one of my beers and it turned out he was only 17... 😬

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Yeah, had a chap start chatting to me on the train back from Rotherham last Saturday. I offered him one of my beers and it turned out he was only 17... 😬

That’s old. Normally they’re 9

Can’t see any reason to deviate from our recent league game XI, but some fringe players are definitely knocking on the door. 

Any win is enough but it would be great to be comfortable after an hour to give the likes of Mara and Brooks plenty of minutes 

Very glad I don't have to make decisions on the team - Fraser/Sulemana/Edozie fighting for the left attacking spot, AArmstrong/Brooks/Amo-Ameyaw on the right, Adams/Mara in the middle.

I imagine they'll all get plenty of game time over the next few weeks, we've got a midweek + weekend game every week for the next four weeks.

3 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Anyone heard anything about Birmingham away tickets? Bit weird that there's no trace of them, no?

Our game with them wasn't even showing up on their website when I looked a few days ago...

18 hours ago, SW11_Saint said:

Who could they mean?! 🤔
IMG_2510.thumb.jpeg.4353e35a2c141d9f34b0388627f29ca9.jpeg

Oh no, we've upset them with a few quotes about whippets, ferrets and pigeons.

For a lot that always bat on on about being tough op north, they have very thin skins.

• Haha 2

On 07/02/2024 at 00:45, Doctoroncall said:

I’m sure the assist for Mara’s first goal was a misplaced pass. 🤔

It was meant as a wall pass back to Dibling (I think it was Dibling), and it fell to Mara, who, to be fair, tucked it away nicely. Sometimes, you get lucky breaks; Mara was in the right place, though, so full points for that.

On 07/02/2024 at 16:30, Cabrone said:

A bit like Rotherham, if we get a goal fairly early they'll crumble otherwise they'll park the bus, build a concrete wall behind it, top the wall with barbed wire and erect machine gun posts all along. 

I think we'll win though.

We got a very early goal at home to Rotherham, battered them for the rest of the game and drew 1-1. Away we did a little better. 

9 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Anyone heard anything about Birmingham away tickets? Bit weird that there's no trace of them, no?

On sale on Tuesday

Only 2000 available so they will go very quickly.

Edited by Pamplemousse
  • Like 1

Much like dejenepo Kamaldeen has plenty of tricks and absolutely no end product.  Hopefully we can get the best out of him as he's young with huge potential the exact same things we were saying about dejenepo 

On 08/02/2024 at 23:38, badgerx16 said:
Porrohman
Herbert Chapman Terrier

[M0:14]
8 hours ago via mobile  
Post Options

Post by Porrohman on 8 hours ago

Absolute wanker, bet he's a steward on the ferry to Cowes

Wade Garrett
Posted yesterday at 07:22
This will be another team of Northern wankers put to the sword. Routine 5-0, fuck knows who gets the goals, fuck knows who starts with everyone fit and in form.

Those Ee-Bah-Gum shitcunts will wish they stayed home looking after their whippets. Fuck off back to your desolate shitholes.

Rather be a steward on the Cowes ferry than have to sort out drainage and fencing in t’top field you backward cunt.

35 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Rather be a steward on the Cowes ferry than have to sort out drainage and fencing in t’top field you backward cunt.

I hope you are aiming that at the HTFC forum poster and not me.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

A little joke for everyone:

Whats the difference between Jam and Marmalade? 

I can't marmalade my cock inside your Mum. 

This is where you're wrong. I have it on good authority that marmalading your cock is a thing in Huddersfield. 

29 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

This is where you're wrong. I have it on good authority that marmalading your cock is a thing in Huddersfield. 

Gives the whippets some flavour when they are noshing them off.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Here's one for you,but far more subtle.

Pregnant Irish girl phones home.

Girl . Mudder I tink ma waters ave broke.    

Mum. Holy sweet mudder of jaysus, where you ringing from  ?        

Girl . I'm wringing from me fanny to me fooking ankles !                 

Edited by Challenger
  • Haha 5

Advance notice to Northam 41 : if David Brooks starts or gets on and does something good then I’m singing his song. At least two choruses worth. Feel free to look at me all strange like.Because I don’t GAF. I may even put it out on Insta lol  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😁

Nb if I’m not mistaken the second line is up for debate but the one I saw about he beat Cancer and hates Pompey ticks boxes for me so I may try to integrate that in. Certainly the Northam do like a nice Pompey ballad 😎

Edited by gio1saints

2 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

What's the difference between a hormone and a vitamin?

You can't make a vita min

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Danbert said:

What's the difference between a hormone and a vitamin?

You can't make a vita min

The opening line of a biochemistry lecture at university was ' What is the difference between an enzyme and a hormone ?", with pretty much the same punchline.

There is also the variation "What is the difference between Ovaltine and Horlicks ?".

44 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

The day is finally here, a massive moment in History where in 50years time you can tell your grand children "I was there", A new record, going unbeaten in 25 games over all!!!!

I'm gonna fly high, 7 0

We're gonna lose aren't we....

• Sad 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic