Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159
Results 7,901 to 7,928 of 7928

Thread: Defectors Watch

  1. #7901

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Matt Targett has yet to play for Villa, he can barely make the subs bench. If only we had 13 million to **** up the wall on a reserve left back who never gets a game.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Matt Targett has yet to play for Villa, he can barely make the subs bench. If only we had 13 million to **** up the wall on a reserve left back who never gets a game.
    You have to feel sorry for Matt. He was probably sold the idea he would be either first choice, or at least competing (alternating) with Taylor. I guess he has to wait for his chance, then take it.


  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Matt Targett has yet to play for Villa, he can barely make the subs bench. If only we had 13 million to **** up the wall on a reserve left back who never gets a game.
    Better to spend 13m and have them on your bench than our recent mode

    We have wasted c80m on players that couldn't even make our bench and now out on loan.

    Moi, Carrillo, Lemina, Hoedt, FF

  4. #7905

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Better to spend 13m and have them on your bench than our recent mode

    We have wasted c80m on players that couldn't even make our bench and now out on loan.

    Moi, Carrillo, Lemina, Hoedt, FF

  5. #7906

    Default

    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...cid=spartanntp Bloody hell Reed talks about arrogance lol

  6. #7907

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    7,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    You have to feel sorry for Matt. He was probably sold the idea he would be either first choice, or at least competing (alternating) with Taylor. I guess he has to wait for his chance, then take it.
    Chatting to a Villa fan at work, he said they are just waiting for him to 'get up to speed'.

    They'll be waiting a while then. Pace was never one of his attributes.

  7. #7908

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    11,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    Slightly tenuous, seeing as it's getting on for 30 years since he left, but Neil Ruddock is on Celebrity Masterchef.

    Pretty obvious he likes his food too. Hard to believe he used to be a professional sportsman.
    Have you seen Lambert recently? Now theres a sturdy unit.

  8. Default

    A day of developments for former Saints, now in the manager stakes:

    Garry Monk

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49610317

    And Kevin Bond.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49538878

    Neither of whom I'd regards as "defectors" as players, but Bond's association with Redkn0b and his following him from and back to the skates does make him fair game for this thread.

  9. Default

    Why did Southend think Kevin Bond would be a good appointment?

  10. #7911

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,912

    Default

    Looks like Dusan Tadic has tipped his Ajax mates off as to how to run circles round Fonte

  11. Default

    ...

  12. #7913

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    ...
    HaHa thats going to be interesting Tadic is going to be right in the refs ear tonight, better mind his effin and jeffin though!

  13. Default

    Van Dijk doing well.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  14. Default Celtic to fast-track youngster into first-team squad after he impresses in training


  15. Default

    Jake Flannigan signs for Havant & Waterlooville.


  16. #7918

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,166

    Default

    Bertrand on the verge of the same treatment.
    Then again, we had to push him out

  17. #7919

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    2,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Bertrand on the verge of the same treatment.
    Then again, we had to push him out
    Don't talk boll0cks. What makes you think that Bertrand will bs ostracised from the squad and told to train with the under 23's?

  18. #7920

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Don't talk boll0cks. What makes you think that Bertrand will bs ostracised from the squad and told to train with the under 23's?
    Maybe not as harsh, maybe because of the situation we have at LB

  19. #7921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    ...
    They are facing each other 4 times: Serbia v Portugal x 2 in the European Championship & Ajax v Lille x 2 in the Champions League. So far, it is 1-1, with one win for Fonte &Portugal and one for Tadic & Ajax.

  20. #7922

    Default

    Calum Chambers has just scored for Arsenal. A few on here wrote him off too soon. He was Fulham's Player of the Season last year. He's still only 24. We could certainly do with a player like him.

  21. #7923

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,140

    Default

    Yes Chambers comes in from the cold and is fully rehabilitated.

  22. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Calum Chambers has just scored for Arsenal. A few on here wrote him off too soon. He was Fulham's Player of the Season last year. He's still only 24. We could certainly do with a player like him.
    Who was "writing off" Calum Chambers when he was playing all of those 22 appearances for SFC?

    He was only ever thought of as a great prospect and great competition for Clyne and his sale was the last straw for many at the time.

    God knows what sh it point you think you are making.

    At least him being 24 means you have probably an entire decade of making that sh it point over and over again, so knock yourself out.

  23. Default

    Chambers was good for us & left far too soon...

    With that said, not sure many of us would have kept him & NOT signed Toby & Mane for the money we got for Chambers.

  24. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Chambers was good for us & left far too soon...

    With that said, not sure many of us would have kept him & NOT signed Toby & Mane for the money we got for Chambers.
    Quite. It wasn't to be and everyone moved on, and as you say we signed some decent defenders immediately after.

    Even if he goes on to get 75 England caps and three Ballon D'Or trophies I fail to see how that could be seen as proving Saints fans "wrong" or some retribution against imaginary fans "writing him off" while he was here. We didn't want him to go, but he did. Good luck to him.

  25. Default

    Wenger tried to sign him in January before he did leave so they were obviously pretty keen on buying him .

  26. #7928

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by East Kent Saint View Post
    Wenger tried to sign him in January before he did leave so they were obviously pretty keen on buying him .
    Before barely playing him and then loaning him out and then, while on loan, he has managed to be part of a defence to get relegated twice from the PL all at the tender age of 24. if saints had signed a player like that you'd never here the end of it on here.....
    Last edited by doddisalegend; Today at 06:25 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •