K.Billy: "5 players want to leave this Summer"

trousers

Not really, happy to quote your entire post. Here it is.

...it's total drivel, start to finish.

Question remains - are we doing well then, or not?

You live on here don't you you saddo. I didn't say we are not doing well, the point remains that although we are doing well there is only so many times we can keep making big changes and continue to improve. Now go away and digest that one

You live on here don't you you saddo. I didn't say we are not doing well, the point remains that although we are doing well there is only so many times we can keep making big changes and continue to improve. Now go away and digest that one

Well you kinda did, seeing as you said ''some of you THINK we are doing really well''.

This ''keep making big changes'' myth is doing my head in. We had one pre-season whereby we sold a fair few players, that's it. The press and the media made out the same happened last year, but it didn't. We lost 2 players, that was it.

We may lose a couple this year as well and bring in a couple. Last summer and potentially this summer doesn't really equal big changes or massive upheaval.

Well you kinda did, seeing as you said ''some of you THINK we are doing really well''.

This ''keep making big changes'' myth is doing my head in. We had one pre-season whereby we sold a fair few players, that's it. The press and the media made out the same happened last year, but it didn't. We lost 2 players, that was it.

We may lose a couple this year as well and bring in a couple. Last summer and potentially this summer doesn't really equal big changes or massive upheaval.

It's like we've developed are very own Portsmyth :scared:

Don't forget your blatant misogynistic comments on KL, or "the daughter" as you referred to her. If you honestly think Cortese could have done better the past couple of years you are deluded.

I'd say 4 players wanting to go of that calibre and the manager seemingly not extending his contract is potential a disaster. We have done well replacing those players who have left last two years but mainly cos of Koeman we have done amazingly. In terms of recruitment, clasie for Morgan was a minus and cedric and Martina for Clyne was a minus so I think last season was more done to Koemans golf management than excellent recruitment. Van diyk was Toby's equal.

Funnily enough I was driving home last Wednesday evening listening to Radio 5 and their Europa league final build up, they had a Spanish football journalist on there speaking about Sevilla. After a couple of minutes I had a déjà-Vu moment and Mark Chapman said my thoughts as he mentioned a comparison to Southampton. Sevilla seem to have accepted, embraced, and altered the way they operate in accepting that they will end up selling their best players for top dollar and go again, And here they are in the Europa League Final yet again. To cap it all they pretty much have the mindset of, you come to Sevilla we will improve you as a player and you are free to go for top money when the time comes, the players come into the club knowing they will be free to move on when someone comes knocking.

Alberto Moreno of Liverpool was mentioned as being one of these players who went through the Sevilla system, Liverpool bought him for big money, and at the final whistle, and his very inert display, you thought, blimey it is like Southampton these good players going elsewhere for big money and they just become a shadow of their forma self.

Funnily enough I was driving home last Wednesday evening listening to Radio 5 and their Europa league final build up, they had a Spanish football journalist on there speaking about Sevilla. After a couple of minutes I had a déjà-Vu moment and Mark Chapman said my thoughts as he mentioned a comparison to Southampton. Sevilla seem to have accepted, embraced, and altered the way they operate in accepting that they will end up selling their best players for top dollar and go again, And here they are in the Europa League Final yet again. To cap it all they pretty much have the mindset of, you come to Sevilla we will improve you as a player and you are free to go for top money when the time comes, the players come into the club knowing they will be free to move on when someone comes knocking.

Alberto Moreno of Liverpool was mentioned as being one of these players who went through the Sevilla system, Liverpool bought him for big money, and at the final whistle, and his very inert display, you thought, blimey it is like Southampton these good players going elsewhere for big money and they just become a shadow of their forma self.

What is the manager turnaround like at Sevilla?

Is it the same one who enjoys the challenge or are they in the same situation where the managers are ****ed off and move on like ours?

Is it the same one who enjoys the challenge or are they in the same situation where the managers are ****ed off and move on like ours?

Who are all of these managers of ours that have been "*#*#ed off" and left then? Must be one hell of a list.

It's British Summer Time, and it's dinlow season.

Hoddle? Souness?

So when Mark Chapman on Radio 5 was talking about comparing Sevilla to Southampton what he was actually thinking about was the time we sold Richard Hall to West Ham and had Mickey Evans up front? Right you are then.

Unai Emery had been head coach at Sevilla since 2013, so is obviously happy working under the format the club works under.

In reply to a later post. Pardew was shown the door and alledgedly would have been earlier than he was as Markus didn't like him and the fact that the impetuous of the team was distracted by the progression in the JPT, Cortese stepped in to put his finger between the hammer and the back of the bullet. In the end the JPT apparently turned out to be one of Markus favourite days ever. Having saved a hasty decision Cortese was less than impressed that the attitude of Pardew after winning the JPT was akin to putting his feet up on his desk lighting a fat cigar and sipping a fine Malt rather than pushing on to the play-offs.

When all the nonsense of the next season pre-season and various other rumours and stories emerged Cortese probably saw for himself what his now late boss had already seen, and pulled the trigger himself.

I heard that discussion. It was interesting, but I'm not sure we've accepted the model in the same way Sevilla have. Maybe it's just PR but it seems we've tried (and in some cases failed) to resist those market forces. The Sevilla thing seems to be closer to what Koeman had at Feyenoord.

Your new here aren't you!, taking on CB Fry so early in your Saintsweb experience is not advisable, he will rip and pull at your flesh and when finished he will lay you on a sacrificial slab and then release the Whelk to finally devour you!..........You have been warned!

Your new here aren't you!, taking on CB Fry so early in your Saintsweb experience is not advisable, he will rip and pull at your flesh and when finished he will lay you on a sacrificial slab and then release the Whelk to finally devour you!..........You have been warned!

But at least he wont make comments about his state of mental health like calling him a dinlow or something because he is not a hypocrite and doesn't do things like that.

Oh wait.......

I'd say 4 players wanting to go of that calibre and the manager seemingly not extending his contract is potential a disaster. We have done well replacing those players who have left last two years but mainly cos of Koeman we have done amazingly. In terms of recruitment, clasie for Morgan was a minus and cedric and Martina for Clyne was a minus so I think last season was more done to Koemans golf management than excellent recruitment. Van diyk was Toby's equal.

You really need to get a sense of perspective. The definition of a disaster is "a sudden accident or natural catastrophe that causes great damage of loss of life." I gave an example earlier citing a plane crash which you took exception to and asked for an apology in a pm. A few people leaving a football club is not a disaster. A plane crash is.

You really need to get a sense of perspective. The definition of a disaster is "a sudden accident or natural catastrophe that causes great damage of loss of life." I gave an example earlier citing a plane crash which you took exception to and asked for an apology in a pm. A few people leaving a football club is not a disaster. A plane crash is.

Demanding an apology in a pm, forum gold :D

No problem then. We can sure find a better golfer than Koeman.

I heard that discussion. It was interesting, but I'm not sure we've accepted the model in the same way Sevilla have. Maybe it's just PR but it seems we've tried (and in some cases failed) to resist those market forces. The Sevilla thing seems to be closer to what Koeman had at Feyenoord.

The club seems to have accepted the Seville model, but Koeman seemed to have tired of rebuilding every year at Feyenoord, hence he moved on. Maybe thats where the tension comes in

Demanding an apology in a pm, forum gold :D

Apparently my actual transgression was to mention "plane crash" on a football forum. I used the expression for the same reason. Players and managers leaving a club do not constitute a disaster. A plane crash does. But moving on....given that we have faced several "disasters" since our days in Division 1 - 4 managers and goodness knows how many players have come and gone, we haven't done too badly have we?

We've improved our league position for 6 seasons straight despite numerous exits of both players and managers. Club must be doing something right in the recruitment department.

As for your assessment I think Van Dijk is definitely better than Toby and I think Clasie is a lot better buy than many people on here appreciate. He had his whole pre-season knacked through injury so had issues getting up to speed with the Prem league but I think his undoubted quality poked through at times and I'm expecting a big season from him this coming year. Cedric is young and will improve and you've completely ignored Romeu.

As far the possible departures would like to keep Mane and Tadic and think there's a fair chance we might. Think Pelle is over-rated, Juanmi clearly hasn't settled and would ideally like to keep Big Vic but it certainly looks like his heart isn't here so let him go.

Long term signings of Foster, Van Dijk and JWP bode extremely well as does the very public Jose tapping up of AOC and Joao Mario, both of whom would command high transfer fees. Suspect the ambition level is getting raised a notch by the board.

Cheers, can just make out from that not the best in terms of attitude from Mane.

Mane had been scoring for fun for Salzburg in the Austrian league and was easily Austria's stand out player. I'm not saying that Mane did not refuse to play, but it would be interesting to know more about his contract with Salzburg and whether the club was being unreasonable in barring Mane's progress upwards to the Premier League.

But at least he wont make comments about his state of mental health like calling him a dinlow or something because he is not a hypocrite and doesn't do things like that.

Oh wait.......

I have never said I don't do that. It's only about the twelfth time I've tried to explain that to you, but you are an imbecile, so I guess not surprising.

it would be interesting to know more about his contract with Salzburg and whether the club was being unreasonable in barring Mane's progress upwards to the Premier League.

I hope we aren't going to be unreasonable barring his progress upwards to the Champions League...

As much as Pelle, Tadic, Mane and Wanyama have been good players for us, I can't help thinking that if they all played for other teams this season none of them would be top of our HCDAJFU list.

Mane and Wanyama would be unattainable for a team like Saints if they played already in the PL for a middling side.

If we were linked with a PL based player as good as Mane we would be buzzing about it.

I hope we aren't going to be unreasonable barring his progress upwards to the Champions League...

Fair point. As I've said before, If a Champions League club offer him a tasty contract, and they meet Saints valuation, then that's it, however if they don't then Mane is better off staying with Saints and the Europa League, at least while we are still in the competition)

In the past (when Koeman arrived) we refused Spiderman a transfer, but offered him a getaway the following season, which was honoured. We don't know how many years contract Salzburg were holding him to, which might or might not have been reasonable. It depends on circumstances.

Just how many ex-Saints from the last few years have actually gone on to be a notable success at their new bigger club? Bale is a given, but after that? Jury still out on AOC and Walcott.

You'd have to go back to Shearer, Flowers and Kenna to find some decent examples.

Just how many ex-Saints from the last few years have actually gone on to be a notable success at their new bigger club? Bale is a given, but after that? Jury still out on AOC and Walcott.

You'd have to go back to Shearer, Flowers and Kenna to find some decent examples.

Both figurative (and literal) bridge between those would be Wayne Bridge?

Depends how you are measuring things as Man U and Arsenal have both won trophies and face cream man and that other bloke have played in 2 major finals (one European). Off the pitch, you can bet they have made far more money from their contracts and sponsorship deals/****ty tv adverts!

Alderweireld?

Lol.... Bless ya

so a Squad of

Forster - Stek - Gazza

Cuco - Cedric - Fonte - VVD - Yoshi - Gardos - Bertrand - Targett

Clasie - Romeu - Reed - JWP - Davis

J Rod - Austin - Long - Rodriguez

I can see why we'll be needing a speedy Townsend / AOC type player but, really? I don't see an issue.

Is jay rodririguez so good he plays the striker role twice

I wouldn't rely on neither Jay or Austin next season.

I think we will be lucky to get a couple of consecutive games out of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an appalling double negative.