Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Prediction for VvD...

We make him stay but he refuses to play until sept 1st. He misses the first 6/7 games due to having to have some squad time/trading and match practice first. Plays 3/4 games, doesn't cover himself in glory then 'injures' himself and misses 2/3 months. He plays the last 10/12 games of the season and gets big money move he wants. Is it all worth it?!

No chance he does that - he won't have played for best part of 2 years then and he won't be flavour of the month for the big clubs.

If he wants the massive move to a super club he is going to have to perform at last seasons level again.

I am sure Tom 28 with have further comment later today on the happenings at the club today ........A Stephens and Hoedt back two actually I think technically will be outstanding :p

Didn't think Hoedt looked particularly quick across the ground, nor strong in the air from the clips I saw earlier. Funnily enough, his strengths seemed to be in getting last ditch tackles in and ball control, two of Stephens' strengths.

I am only going on that video so more than happy to be corrected or hear more from someone who has seen more of him though.

well if Mane's agent see's a payday and Countino's agent see's the same opportunity then LFC wont have much choice = karma

if not could we recommend an agent who would help them get the move tell em to ask Mr R Koeman or Mr V Van Djik

It's very bizarre that the journalist addresses the fact that they paid around £35m for Mane and then continues to talk about Inter preparing a £35m bid as if it's a serious consideration for both them and Liverpool.

It is also not clear to me why Inter would be an upgrade on Liverpool for Mane. They are currently a worse team on the field. Could they even afford to pay the same wages?

Prediction for VvD...

We make him stay but he refuses to play until sept 1st. He misses the first 6/7 games due to having to have some squad time/trading and match practice first. Plays 3/4 games, doesn't cover himself in glory then 'injures' himself and misses 2/3 months. He plays the last 10/12 games of the season and gets big money move he wants. Is it all worth it?!

Yep, worth it because we'd be under no more obligation to sell him next year with 4 years on his contract than we are now.

I won't.

A disloyal **** is a disloyal ****. There's absolutely no difference between Morgan & Lallana's lack of respect for the club & us supporters. The difference was Les Reeds behaviour. Why should VvD, Morgan & Vic get a pass just because we wouldn't sell them when they wanted. They're just as big ****s as Lallana & Lovren in my eyes

It's also the reason I was glad to see the back of JRod, he's in the same bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Anyway, I'm happy to sell VVD for big money and freshen up our squad.

It is nothing to do with holding their nerve it is whether it is to the advantage of SFC to keep VVD against his will or bring in somebody who is pretty decent and wants to play for the club.

I don't see the point of keeping a player who wants to leave and we get loads of dosh and a top class replacement

If the club lose their nerve now as a result of VVD mutinying and allow Liverpool to bid, it's highly unlikely we'd end up getting anything like full value for him as the balance of powerful will swing decisively towards the buying club. It'd be an acknowledgement that we have no choice but to sell, which is seldom a good look going into a negotiation. That said, I can see the equally negative outcome of him staying and then d*cking around for a year being injured and then moving for an equally reduced figure next summer.

Commentary on the AUDI Cup coverage - "It remains to be seen if the 2 clubs can do a deal", "Why should Jurgen Klopp have to settle for second best when he can have his main target" ( ie VVD ).

Fckin media love in with the dippers is getting annoying.

Commentary on the AUDI Cup coverage - "It remains to be seen if the 2 clubs can do a deal", "Why should Jurgen Klopp have to settle for second best when he can have his main target" ( ie VVD ).

Fckin media love in with the dippers is getting annoying.

Been going on for a long time tho - water off a ducks back. Just wish someone on the prog would challenge that thinking. The clubs view is secondary

I really rate VVD but let's sell him and anybody else that think they want to go. Would we really want somebody who is striking to get away to only stay with saints because he can't force the move through?

It is clear football isn't what it was when I started watching years ago and players arent ever going to be loyal like they once were. It frustrates the f out of me this type of me me me behaviour but we are not going to change it.

The one thing I ask is that we really do look at bringing in some proven prem experience to blend into a developing squad. I see that the lack of prem experience as the biggest risk

Sounds like he isn't giving in as easily as Schneiderlin did.

Big risk for Saints to carry a player who isn't going to knuckle down, could be disruptive and yet paid more than everyone else.

Still feel he will go to Liverpool, clearly he is very determined to and zero chance he will play the first PL game for us (like Schneiderlin did).

Ultimately SFC might "hope" he can be reintegrated but he knows that if he causes trouble he is more likely to get a move that he clearly wants. He holds the cards at least until the end of August.

Also whilst he isnt playing for us and we havent got a transfer fee from him then we don't get the benefit of a.) our best player or b.) money to replace him and strengthen the team.

Tricky one for the club and if we do sell it has to be in the next 10days IMO to give us long enough to sign a replacement who must be quality.

I really rate VVD but let's sell him and anybody else that think they want to go. Would we really want somebody who is striking to get away to only stay with saints because he can't force the move through?

It is clear football isn't what it was when I started watching years ago and players arent ever going to be loyal like they once were. It frustrates the f out of me this type of me me me behaviour but we are not going to change it.

The one thing I ask is that we really do look at bringing in some proven prem experience to blend into a developing squad. I see that the lack of prem experience as the biggest risk

That would be tricky seeing as no one has actually approached saints with a bid. The only option he seemingly has is Liverpool but due to the underhanded way they went about it they won't bid with out saints permission which saints can't give with looking utterly weak. At the moment VVD is kicking up a fuss to leave when no one is actually trying to sign him.

Big risk for Saints to carry a player who isn't going to knuckle down, could be disruptive and yet paid more than everyone else.

Still feel he will go to Liverpool, clearly he is very determined to and zero chance he will play the first PL game for us (like Schneiderlin did).

Ultimately SFC might "hope" he can be reintegrated but he knows that if he causes trouble he is more likely to get a move that he clearly wants. He holds the cards at least until the end of August.

Also whilst he isnt playing for us and we havent got a transfer fee from him then we don't get the benefit of a.) our best player or b.) money to replace him and strengthen the team.

Tricky one for the club and if we do sell it has to be in the next 10days IMO to give us long enough to sign a replacement who must be quality.

what cards does he hold? Is really going to strike for a whole season....... I doubt it

Schneiderlin himself said openly that he changed his mind and decided to buckle down and stay for the last season after the first game of the season when he heard Saints fans chanting his name.

That would be tricky seeing as no one has actually approached saints with a bid. The only option he seemingly has is Liverpool but due to the underhanded way they went about it they won't bid with out saints permission which saints can't give with looking utterly weak. At the moment VVD is kicking up a fuss to leave when no one is actually trying to sign him.

I understand what you are saying but I'm not sure anybody ever makes a clear offer anymore. It seems to me that the rumours and behind the scenes chat always start the selling process. It still hasn't stopped his poor shoddy cheap behaviour. I think I would reverse this and go out and say he is for sale at X millions now put up or shut up and say to his agent. If your good go out and get it or get your player playing

I'm not always behind Les but what more can he do than tie a player down on a long term contract and tell clubs he is not for sale

Sorry, a bit new to this and not sure how to quote.......but

VVD Was not scheduled to be anywhere near The training ground...the Liebherr Pavilion or St Mary's today.

Wrong. That is not the case.

Virgil was required to film his BT Sport and Sky Sports intro video clips today, in both kits, with the rest of the squad. (Incidentally, Bertrand did his filming) He turned up and refused to do that. He then left the training ground relatively early. I can't confirm if he has indeed been fined. He will continue to train on his own until he decides he wants to play again and the club allow him back. Probably September 1st IF he's still with us.

All the players took time to meet a man today at the training ground who has a brain tumour with days left to live. They were all shinning examples of how pros should be. Again, can't confirm, but believe Virgil had had his paddy and left before that though.

All become quite juvenile.

3/3 no more posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't get rid, as it stands, no one wants him......... or at least no one wants him enough to actually table a bid for our asking price.
This. As I've suggested before, Virgil doesn't seem to realise the damage he's doing to his reputation. His agent is probably largely to blame.

He/they are still assuming that Saints will eventually buckle. I suppose that's fair enough -, plenty on here would have given in to him by now.

But if Saints are to move on from being bullied and blackmailed every summer, they have to stand firm, and I'm pretty sure they will. And everyone except Virgil and his lowlife of an agent has got that. Even LFC know that, although they won't discourage indirect stirring.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Its funny how £60m is being mentioned more and more in the media now....

So painfully obvious that we will stand down.

"The player made it impossible to keep him, he didn't respect the Southampton way, we march on"

Words to that effect.

Saints need to make him stay till next summer but don't play him in the first team otherwise if we give in other players will do exactly the same just need to make a stand at present he is only costing saints what we paid for him