Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Nathan Redmond

How times change. A player our fans uses to boo, ironically cheer and constantly slag off is now a key player w can’t be without.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Ralph has just said 2-3 weeks for Redmond, that's a boost.

Although he has confirmed that Mousa is now also injured too.
    In that case just play Boufal behind two strikers, or just off one if we're going more defensive. It's time to commit to playing Boufal regularly and letting him run the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    In that case just play Boufal behind two strikers, or just off one if we're going more defensive. It's time to commit to playing Boufal regularly and letting him run the attack.
    I'd like to think that would work but I think he's still too much of a free spirit to be the lynchpin of the attack. If he has the ball, he can make things happen, or lose it, but patience and finding a killer ball are not his strong suits.

Think we need Armstrong and/or JWP to be pulling the strings.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    I'd like to think that would work but I think he's still too much of a free spirit to be the lynchpin of the attack. If he has the ball, he can make things happen, or lose it, but patience and finding a killer ball are not his strong suits.

At the moment JWP is struggling to pull the strings on his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by northam soul View Post
    At the moment JWP is struggling to pull the strings on his boots.
    Behave. JWP is disliked by fans who want cruyff turns, hard tackles or running around like a headless chicken. He's a decent footballer who's played well this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post

It’s not like redmond ever is greedy makes bad decisions or loses the ball when trying to beat a man, kinda crazy the way he escapes any criticism these days when making these mistakes but boufals are highlighted.
    Still think one massive difference is boufal can beat players much easier whilst redmond looks best when picking up the ball in pockets of space which doesn’t really involve beating a man so much

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    Itís not like redmond ever is greedy makes bad decisions or loses the ball when trying to beat a man, kinda crazy the way he escapes any criticism these days when making these mistakes but boufals are highlighted.
    Still think one massive difference is boufal can beat players much easier whilst redmond looks best when picking up the ball in pockets of space which doesnít really involve beating a man so much
    Find pockets of space is a skill - it requires movement and awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Find pockets of space is a skill - it requires movement and awareness.
    Probably also due to the hasenhuttl style, now we play on the counter when we win the ball he has space to run into .. last time Wheb bouf and redmond played under Pellegrino it was slow attack all opposition defence back made this harder to do.. can’t see why boufal couldn’t be great at the same

9. Default

Seems to have returned to the old Redmond.

The new improved contract curse

Just seems like he had a purple patch.

Will do okay for us in the Championship next season.