Nathan Redmond

Dusic

11 hours ago, Saint Charminster said:

It’s a tad further away from Birmingham than Southampton is 🤣

I thought the line was he wanted to move closer to his family after having the baby a while ago.

Hope the move comes off for him, even if we only get 3 million it’s another chunky wage off the books.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy for him, but also us. Think he held us back in more than one way on the field and perhaps a few off it (who knows?). Did strike me as a moaner, and never really ddid what he could have done - attacked with conviction and verve. Too much sideways and back, or poor end product. Think the team will benefit as a consequence, but hope he has a good time in Turkey and can find more of his level.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I echo the two comments above - sums him up well I think.

Capable of doing some very interesting things on the pitch, but also looked like a right moody sod at times and just didn't push on and develop as he might.

Good luck to him for the Turkish adventure though!

(And wow - SR really have had a clear out here, haven't they?)

Always been a fan of Redmond. There was a time (end of Ralph's first season) where he could have caught fire and really pushed on to the next level. Never quite happened but he's a player I generally always wanted on the pitch because of how good he was technically. Remember him being a bright spark when the team was struggling under Hughes, meaning he turned things around from the dark days under MP within a year - testament to his mental strength and resilience. Good luck Redz!

• Like 3

The two legs of the league cup semi final against Liverpool he was absolutely brilliant. He scored in the first, and had their right back on the ropes all game in the second (Trent?). He was also good in the final. 

People forget he was our player of the season in Ralph’s first season, and there was relief all round to see him return from injury the following season when he came on at Fratton Park (and scored a brilliant goal).

He has had some good times here, and he’s produced some moments of brilliance. But it’s felt for a little while now like a separation would suit both parties. Good luck to him, seems like a nice enough guy and very much a family man. I hope he can earn some good money in Turkey and enjoy his football.

Thanks Nathan. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Danbert said:

He could do a job for us, I think. Sad to see him go.

No, he really couldnt, not anymore.

He's not getting any of those wide slots in the team and playing him as a striker has been a bloody disaster. Save the wage, get a fee, which is good whatever it is, and move on. 

Cheers for the good stuff, as already said those two semi finals against Liverpool he was outstanding, and good luck.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

In fact let's enjoy that goal again from the Skate end, shall we? Turn up the volume for the full effect. 

Clearly heard on 0.27: "This is a lesson". 

Yeah, it is. Nice one Redders. 

Still can't believe a Portsmouth fan filmed that and decided it would be good to put on YouTube. Total self-evisceration. 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, mitch01 said:

Still can't believe a Portsmouth fan filmed that and decided it would be good to put on YouTube. Total self-evisceration. 

Probably trying to continue the 'best fans in the world's myth (despite clearly seeing their own fans streaming out).

• Like 1

🚨 As part of the Redmond deal, Beşiktaş will loan 20-year-old winger Ajdin Hasić to Sport Republic-owned Göztepe #saintsfc @HaberKartali

Not heard of this guy, but hope he’s happy with bench sores! lol. Good luck to Redmond - not been my fav player as I thought from day one signing him was a bit of a mistake, but fair play to him…he’s scored some great goals. If the rumours are true he has been a disruptor in the changing room and of course he’s lost his way completely now, so it’s best he moves on.

36 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

🚨 As part of the Redmond deal, Beşiktaş will loan 20-year-old winger Ajdin Hasić to Sport Republic-owned Göztepe #saintsfc @HaberKartali

Not heard of this guy, but hope he’s happy with bench sores! lol. Good luck to Redmond - not been my fav player as I thought from day one signing him was a bit of a mistake, but fair play to him…he’s scored some great goals. If the rumours are true he has been a disruptor in the changing room and of course he’s lost his way completely now, so it’s best he moves on.

One of the new signings (can't remember which, maybe Aribo), said Redmond came straight up to him on his first day of training and said to remember always to be confident in his ability and never hide, or something to that effect. Didn't sound like the kind of thing a disruptive influence would do, but not privy to any of the other info. Has always seemed like a wise and solid character in interviews too.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mitch01 said:

One of the new signings (can't remember which, maybe Aribo), said Redmond came straight up to him on his first day of training and said to remember always to be confident in his ability and never hide, or something to that effect. Didn't sound like the kind of thing a disruptive influence would do, but not privy to any of the other info. Has always seemed like a wise and solid character in interviews too.

Pretty sure Tino and Broja both had good things to say about Redmond helping them settle in too last season 

53 minutes ago, mitch01 said:

Ironically, that was Redmonds downfall. Had the ability to be a top player for us but lacked the confidence. 

Always seemed to shine against the lower league teams in the cup but rarely did in the league. 

Probably a victim of playing for us at the worst possible time in recent years on and off the pitch where the atmosphere was rock bottom. And he had the added pressure of being the replacement for Mane. 

Anyhow, a top lad off the pitch. Wish him well and I think he’ll shine in Turkey. He may come back with a new hairline and new breath of confidence! 

Edited by Dman
  • Like 6

Wish him all the best, this is a good move for both parties.

My most overriding emotion of Redmond is frustration, he had the tools but you never really saw it on a consistent basis. He did have good potential but he's never realised it, I doubt the craziness of this club since he arrived has helped, but without sounding too harsh he has been part of the problem.

We've certainly been ruthless this summer which is refreshing to see, as for too long we've kept players that weren't good enough just for the sake of having 'numbers'. (Kayne Ramsey a case in point).

• Like 2

A talented player with a great ability to dribble the ball into good positions, but not the slightest clue what to do with it when he gets there. 

Clearly fallen massively out of favour this season. Whether that's purely football related or due to off-field issues is uncertain, but it's obvious he has no future at Saints.

Good luck in Turkey Nathan. That goal at Fratton Park will live long in the memory.

18 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

What is all this about him being disruptive?? Never heard this before

good luck redmond.  Solid but unspectacular for us, but did give us many great moments over the years

It’s bollocks. He is meant to be a really good lad. If you also look back historically whenever he’s lost his place in the team he’s always knuckled down and fought his way back, not sulking and demanding moves like some do

as others said he lacks a bit of confidence and it seemed to get to him when the crowd got his back

good servant for the club and not as bad as some make out. Scored some good goals and will never forget the winner in the home leg v Liverpool which gave us a lead to take to Anfield. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s bollocks. 

Yeah I don't think there's anything in it. I believe some people clocked the fact that he was dropped around the time the Daily Mail leak occurred and put 2 and 2 together. Then a few others picked up on that and then heard the same thing from others, and all of a sudden it's an 'official' rumour doing the rounds.

He does come across a bit sulky on the pitch though. More than once I've seen him make an error and then mouth off to his team mates about it.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Redmond