Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

So we've lost four regulars and a reserve which means four changes to the team. Unsustainable say everybody. So what happens to Liverpool? looks like eight brought in, so it's alright it works for them. Arsenal four, god knows how many at Utd, WHU, Crystal Palace, Hull, Burnley, etc etc. What a load of hypocrites in the media. We've replaced three so far, of course the jury is still out but I bet we will be a lot stronger overall this season than last.

The difference is the media perception. Upgrade with replacements and ship the old out is considered progress, but lose a few players then buy (better) replacements is a crisis. Simple.

Like you say the turnover of the starting XI is similar for all teams once the season starts.

It's a bit like your bank manager getting irate when you spend moneys before they are paid into your account.

I don't think we have lost the spine of our team. Although Lovren is a big loss and will take some replacing, the spine of our team was really its engine room - the midfield, which remains almost intact. And I think JWP will be more of a factor under Koeman than MP allowed him to be.

Lallana, for all his talent, was often a bit of a fart in a thunderstorm - tactically speaking. I think we can replace him (and perhaps already have) with someone who may be less talented but is more reliable in chance-creation, and I'd be amazed if we don't see more open-play goals from Rickie's replacement(s). And that, for me, was last year's story - failing to convert possession into points. That and not having the squad depth when the injuries hit.

Depending on the last pieces in the recruitment jigsaw, and Koeman's skill at creating good chemistry fairly quickly, I can see us building from a slower start than last year but ending with more points.

The spine is usually the centre forward (Lambert) the Centre Midfield (Lalanna although he was sometimes on the right) and Centre of Defence (Lovren) so in a way we have lost the spine although I agree Lovren is the only big miss!

A striker, a winger, a goalkeeper, and two centre-backs and j would say we're done and in decent shape. Five leavers covered plus three additions to strengthen the attack and defensive areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The spine is usually the centre forward (Lambert) the Centre Midfield (Lalanna although he was sometimes on the right) and Centre of Defence (Lovren) so in a way we have lost the spine although I agree Lovren is the only big miss!

True enough (and I'd add the 'keeper to that list), but the way we played - with most of the team's bite coming from the centre of the pitch and with the "full backs" bombing forward - made that a less relevant concept. The "spine" for me has become more the tactical base than a positional one.

The early signs are that we'll play in a similar way this year, but with more positional discipline (and a little less magic) than Lallana offered.

As I see it

Bertrand

Tadic = Lallana

Pelle > Lambert

Lovren, Chambers & Osvaldo to replace.

At least 1x CB is required to replace Lovren, don't mind Yoshi as a 3rd choice. We don't really need to replace at RB to Chambers' level as he wasn't 1st choice + we have McCarthy and Cork who can play there. Hope we'll see more of Gaston this year so it's only really a striker and obligatory goalkeeper we need.

In summary then we need a GK, CB and CF to be level with last year, anything else in addition is a bonus.

As I see it

Bertrand

Tadic = Lallana

Pelle > Lambert

At least 1x CB is required to replace Lovren, don't mind Yoshi as a 3rd choice. We don't really need to replace at RB to Chambers' level as he wasn't 1st choice + we have McCarthy and Cork who can play there. Hope we'll see more of Gaston this year so it's only really a striker and obligatory goalkeeper we need.

In summary then we need a GK, CB and CF to be level with last year, anything else in addition is a bonus.

I agree with that but think that we need an out and out winger to suit the new system. Isgrove has a chance but tried and tested would be better.

As I see it

Bertrand

Tadic = Lallana

Pelle > Lambert

We need a Jrod replacement -or someone who can provide pace/width, especially given RK's system. This problem doesn't just stem from his injury but also the fact that we never really replaced Punch.

I'd agree with St Chalet's list as well (although I'd regard a quality second keeper as a major gain on last year - in quality, depth and probably points terms), and I agree with egg that we could do with some attacking width.

I'd be very surprised if we don't have all of them when the window closes, so - after weeks of "wtf is going on?" - I'm actually starting to look forward to the season.

As I see it

Bertrand

Tadic = Lallana

Pelle > Lambert

Agreed.

GK: Stekelenburg, a quality GK for almost every club in the world if he reach his old level or Vermeer from Ajax.

CB: Vlaar or V. Dijk

CF: I'd say Hernandez if possible.

Fer, Leiva and Rojo are nice 'bonus signings'

What's missing is time needed to forge team spirit and understanding. And at the moment, players. Not hopeful still.

On the other hand, if you're a really really optimistic type of person, you could say that new tactics may give us a short term advantage...A few teams worked us out last year and not just by bypassing midfield.

Anyway, no new transfer rumours today then?!

I'd agree with St Chalet's list as well (although I'd regard a quality second keeper as a major gain on last year - in quality, depth and probably points terms), and I agree with egg that we could do with some attacking width.

I'd be very surprised if we don't have all of them when the window closes, so - after weeks of "wtf is going on?" - I'm actually starting to look forward to the season.

Fair point on the GK. I have always maintained that Boruc is good enough, last season #2 probably wasn't good enough cover and #3 was shocking. Without his injuries we wouldn't have noticed.

Haven't seen enough of the games to comment on the new system, think RK likes Isgrove for that position but given his inexperience I would imagine he'll look to fill that as well.

take the emotion out of it, we could be technically the same / stronger albeit without the experience of playing together. I'd expect Saturday to be the team that starts against Liverpool.

Artur Boruc linked with Bayern... Jesus wept...

To be fair, Forster is coming here as first choice. I think the prospect of being backup at Byern is larger than the prospect of being backup here, which is all he would be.

Shame that it doesn't remove the Gazzaniga/Davis issue though!

As I see it

Bertrand

Tadic = Lallana

Pelle > Lambert

Bit difficult to say who is better, or worse than the players we've lost until you see them play competively for us.

As I see it

Bertrand

Tadic = Lallana

Pelle > Lambert

What's the basis for your view on Pelle?

It is impossible to know the impact of the players we have lost until at least 5-10 games into the season. We could end up replacing like for like, but they will not necessarily click as effectively as Lambert and Lallana gelled the team together. J-Rod will not be the player he was last season, possibly due to the recovery from injury but mainly from the fact our other attacking players knew how to play to his strengths, knew the timing of his runs, when to give him the ball and when not to. We have lost our captain and our talisman. We were not as effective without Rickie in the team last season. His control and vision mean Liverpool fans are excited to have him in their squad. Shaw and Chambers (also being English) and Lovren's experience and ability means we have lost the core of our team, maybe even our heartbeat. Replacing that takes more than a few new signings - it is going to take a lot of time, clever coaching and team spirit (which hopefully does remain despite the players we have lost). I find it really amusing that Shaw is now fat, Lambert can't run and Lallana is no longer as good as we thought he was last season. 95% of us were clambering for them all to start for England in the World Cup 7 weeks ago!

Let's not destroy our recent past, or fear our future. We will survive next season, avoid relegation, possibly sell a couple of our star players next summer and our academy will continue to thrive. We won't make it to the Champions League, but then we were never going to really were we? The retards in the press (they know who they are) will find something else fashionable to write about before too long, and we can get on with supporting by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, as we have done for the last 5, 15, 25 or 35+ years.

Just came across this one on twitter...

@indykaila: Exclusive: @LFC & @SouthamptonFC hold talks http://bit.ly/1nSVG2L ‪#‎LFC‬ ‪#‎SFC‬

We understand that Liverpool football club and Southampton have been in talks within last 24 hours regarding summer transfer for Lucas Leiva. The information is unconfirmed at this stage but our source is very confident on information provided

Is this a windup?

Just came across this one on twitter...

@indykaila: Exclusive: @LFC & @SouthamptonFC hold talks http://bit.ly/1nSVG2L ‪#‎LFC‬ ‪#‎SFC‬

We understand that Liverpool football club and Southampton have been in talks within last 24 hours regarding summer transfer for Lucas Leiva. The information is unconfirmed at this stage but our source is very confident on information provided

Is this a windup?

lol indykalia. The biggest transfer WUM on twitter, often just makes things up for fun.

It is impossible to know the impact of the players we have lost until at least 5-10 games into the season. We could end up replacing like for like, but they will not necessarily click as effectively as Lambert and Lallana gelled the team together. J-Rod will not be the player he was last season, possibly due to the recovery from injury but mainly from the fact our other attacking players knew how to play to his strengths, knew the timing of his runs, when to give him the ball and when not to. We have lost our captain and our talisman. We were not as effective without Rickie in the team last season. His control and vision mean Liverpool fans are excited to have him in their squad. Shaw and Chambers (also being English) and Lovren's experience and ability means we have lost the core of our team, maybe even our heartbeat. Replacing that takes more than a few new signings - it is going to take a lot of time, clever coaching and team spirit (which hopefully does remain despite the players we have lost). I find it really amusing that Shaw is now fat, Lambert can't run and Lallana is no longer as good as we thought he was last season. 95% of us were clambering for them all to start for England in the World Cup 7 weeks ago!

Let's not destroy our recent past, or fear our future. We will survive next season, avoid relegation, possibly sell a couple of our star players next summer and our academy will continue to thrive. We won't make it to the Champions League, but then we were never going to really were we? The retards in the press (they know who they are) will find something else fashionable to write about before too long, and we can get on with supporting by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, as we have done for the last 5, 15, 25 or 35+ years.

Good post - totally agree with all of that.

I am not ITK but I have a Liverpool supporting mate that told me tonight we're interested in Lucas. Where did that come from? Anyone ITK? Came as a surprise to me and I look at this site at least once everyday...