Defectors Watch

adrian lord

• 3 weeks later...

5 mins to kill.... so took a peek to see how our loaned out players are doing in their leagues. Form their probably already out of date wiki pages, but an indicator...

Perraud - started 5 games for top of the table Nice.
Onuachu - scored 3 in five games for Trabzonspor, sitting in 5th.
Lyanco - 3 appearances for Al-Gharafa, although he's picked up a red card in there. Al-Gharafa in second spot.
ABK - 3 starts for PSV who are top, although he's picked up an injury.
Lis - 10 appearances for SR's Premier Club Goztepe, in the third place playoff spot.
DCC- 3 league games for bottom of the table car wreck of Lyon. Former loanee, and deadweight, AMN has got 4 league apps for them.

Ballard - 2 in 8 for Ruben Selles' Reading, currently bottom and looking a little distant already.
Finnigan - 1 appearance for Shrewsbury, before suffering a long term injury.
Payne has 9 appearances for League 2 Newport, down in 19th.
Small has just the 1 app for St Mirren this season so far.
Lawrence - 2 league apps for Scott Marshall's striggling Colchester, currently in 20th in League 2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

José Fonte on Radio 5L tonight, said there was a real opportunity to come back to us in the summer, but didn't happen because of timings or something. I can't remember it being mentioned in the summer, it probably was.

Guess you missed the mini meltdown on here in the summer when we didn't sign him??

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

José Fonte on Radio 5L tonight, said there was a real opportunity to come back to us in the summer, but didn't happen because of timings or something. I can't remember it being mentioned in the summer, it probably was.

Yeah it was mentioned that we were looking for experience. Conor Coady was mentioned too, but that Leicester move was tied up pretty early.

I think we were probably waiting to resolve the futures of DCC, Lyanco, Salisu and ABK before we brought in another CB - by the time we'd shifted those guys on it was late in the window. We were pretty lucky to snap up THB in my opinion, pretty happy with that one and not too bothered about missing out on so called experience.

• Like 2

On 09/11/2023 at 06:54, Saint_clark said:

Shh don't mention that, not allowed to bring anything up that might suggest he was actually a good player. 

Elyounoussi ...........might have been something to do with the position he was told to play in..?

Maybe we shouldn't mention Dusan Tadic either.  Got fed-up with his role at Saints and broke lots of goalscoring records 

when he moved back to the Dutch league.

Edited by david in sweden

Have Chelsea fans seen anything of Lavia? Is he still injured or just unable to get into the Chelsea squad? 

Perhaps he needs to spend the second half of the season back here on loan? It would help him get used to playing again and would  strengthen our squad at a critical time of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Have Chelsea fans seen anything of Lavia? Is he still injured or just unable to get into the Chelsea squad? 

Perhaps he needs to spend the second half of the season back here on loan? It would help him get used to playing again and would  strengthen our squad at a critical time of the season. 

Nice thought but if he was available I'm sure PL clubs would be in for him.  Due back from injury the end of this month I think

2 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

He's been injured before he even kicked a ball, twice I think - but apparently he's close to coming back. I actually think Chelsea could surprise a few people this season as they're slowly improving, Cole Palmer has been decent, Jackson has started finding the net, Sterling looks reinvigorated and they have Lavia, Nkunku and James coming back from their injuries. Pochettino is safe hands too.

2 minutes ago, John B said:

What about Lemina too who scored the winner for Wolves yesterday

I don't think many Saints fans thought that Lemina wasn't a talented player, just that he was inconsistent. On his day he was unstoppable (Palace) but oftentimes he didn't show up. He's older and wiser now so I guess he's knuckled down.

10 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

The Nagasaki Nesta returns! Probably the best backup CB we’ve ever had at Saints, couldn’t ask for a more model professional.

Possibly the best CB in PL history who was happy to be third choice at a midtable club.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Little update on the loan players following Holmes and Watsons update a couple of months back.

Perraud - Nice (FR) - has yet to start a league game but been subbed on 10 times for a total of 135 mins game time. Nice sit second in Ligue 1. 
Onuachu - Trabzonspor (Tur) - scored 8 in 12 games for Trabzonspor, sitting in 4th.
Lyanco - Al Gharafa (QAT)- 3 appearances for Al-Gharafa, although he's picked up a red card in there. Currently injured. Al-Gharafa in second spot.
Bella-Kotchap - PSV (NL) - 3 starts for PSV who are top, although he's picked up an injury.
Lis - Goztepe (Tur) - 15 appearances and 10 clean sheets. Goztepe are third.
Caleta-Car - Lyon (FR) - 8 starts for Lyon who have recently started to win a couple of games and sit 16th. 

Ballard - Reading - Scored 3 goals in 10 for Ruben Selles' Reading, before being cruelly injured for the season. Reading are second bottom.
Finnigan - Shrewsbury - 1 appearance for Shrewsbury, before suffering a long term injury.
Payne - Newport - 15 appearances for League 2 Newport, with around half of them starts. Currently 17th in League Two.
Small - St Mirren - 4 appearances for St Mirren, starting last 2 matches on the right side of midfield. 
Lawrence - Colchester - Started his first 4 games for Colchester, unfortunately injured since September.

• Like 6

https://www.football365.com/news/which-players-force-most-premier-league-manager-sackings-goals

Always thought we got a few fired, check the list, we have a few in there:

Players who induced two manager exits (39)

Che Adams
Chris Wilder at Sheffield United
Antonio Conte at Spurs

Rickie Lambert
Mark Hughes at QPR
Malky Mackay at Cardiff

Players who induced four manager exits (one)

James Ward-Prowse
Claudio Ranieri at Fulham
Quique Sanchez Flores at Watford
Chris Wilder at Sheffield United
Antonio Conte at Spurs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 05:42, Tamesaint said:

Been so lost in how well Saints have been doing, i didn't notice that Lavia actually made his first appearance with Chelsea against Palace on Dec 27th - brought on off the bench at the 58' mark.

Picked up an injury during that match - hasn't been in the lineup since. Seriously. Not joking

Ron Swanson gif — Blog — New Dress A Day

• 2 weeks later...