Confirmed: Caulker loan cancelled; Moves on loan to Liverpool

Maggie May

talkSPORTDrive ‏@talkSPORTDrive

Caulker signs for Liverpool in time to play against Arsenal. Wenger's ridiculous luck continues. Couldn't make it up.

Shocked that Liverpool have got him on loan, Rangers were reportedly only interested in a permanent deal. From Liverpool perspective he is only covering Lovren so the fact that he is crap is not really an issue for them. Hope he plays for them against us later in the season.

Interesting to see what Ronald says in his press conference because I'm sure he said the plan was to keep Caulker for the rest of the season. Clearly, he didn't play well in his sporadic appearances for us but it must be hard integrating into a back 4 consistently when you only play once in a while, sometimes only for a few minutes at a time. It will be interesting to see if he gets any game time at Liverpool, even with their injury crisis.

What the actual ****?

Did Klopp shut his eyes during his utterly pathetic performance at St Mary's? I've never seen such a poor CB performance, it was Makin - Bennett levels of ineptness.

Hilarious.

Glad it's not just me that is staggered. Can't get into our poorest side since the dark days of 08/09 yet goes on loan to Klopp and Liverpool, having turned in a Callum Davenport-esque disaster of a performance against them in the League Cup. He's been worse than Yoshida - and Yoshi wouldn't have got into our League 1 side of 2009/10 this year.

Got to use the loan space to bring in an AMC as well as a new permanent striker - come on Les Reed, time to earn your money.

Caulker isn't as bad as many on here make out. Yes, he did have a couple of s**t performances for us, that happens sometimes.

Makes sense them signing him, same reason it was sensible for us to sign him - Premier League experience, and short-term availability. Not many CBs tick those boxes really.

Caulker isn't as bad as many on here make out. Yes, he did have a couple of s**t performances for us, that happens sometimes.

Makes sense them signing him, same reason it was sensible for us to sign him - Premier League experience, and short-term availability. Not many CBs tick those boxes really.

True...!

He is f*cking sh!t though.....long ball hoofer, slow, cant tackle, cant read the flight of the ball, not particularly strong.

The voice of reason. Caulker is not a bad player and Klop is not a mug. Football is all about opinions and fans will differ over their opinions of players but I contend at 12m Tadic remains a big disappointment. He hardly ever completes 90 mins, his goalscoring record is poor, he goes missing, doesn't track back and shows a lack of spirit when things aren't going well. Yes he has skill, probably more than anyone else in the squad but he is a luxury we can't afford. I find it amazing that many more on this forum give Targett stick when at least the kid gives his all.

Interesting to see what Ronald says in his press conference because I'm sure he said the plan was to keep Caulker for the rest of the season. Clearly' date=' he didn't play well in his sporadic appearances for us but it must be hard integrating into a back 4 consistently when you only play once in a while, sometimes only for a few minutes at a time. It will be interesting to see if he gets any game time at Liverpool, even with their injury crisis.[/quote']

He did say that Caulker would stay to see out his loan period. I am guessing that they have had a rethink and want to use that money elsewhere now. Well, hoping rather than guessing.

The voice of reason. Caulker is not a bad player and Klop is not a mug. Football is all about opinions and fans will differ over their opinions of players but I contend at 12m Tadic remains a big disappointment. He hardly ever completes 90 mins, his goalscoring record is poor, he goes missing, doesn't track back and shows a lack of spirit when things aren't going well. Yes he has skill, probably more than anyone else in the squad but he is a luxury we can't afford. I find it amazing that many more on this forum give Targett stick when at least the kid gives his all.

as someone that gives Targett plenty of stick, I'd like to I concur with your assessment of Tadic. With the ball, pretty decent player (and to be honest the side struggles to keep the ball or create chances when he doesn't play), without it, pretty poor.

Returning to the Caulker post, this is good news. I wasnt expecting a world beater, but I was surprised at just how slow he was, especially on the turn. Hopefully that will free up some wages for us to get another loan in ourselves.

This is funny as hell, but what's the betting he surprises us all and proves he isn't crud by putting in some performances for Pool...

Means we can get another loan in right? And assume Stephens becomes our back up centre back after Yoshida...

I really wanted him to be a success, but he was terrible against Liverpool.

BUT, I think he is better than what we've seen. Any player needs a run of games & he didn't get that. Wouldn't be surprised if he does ok there.

Don't get me started on Tadic. He's been woeful this season. The flip side of the Old Trafford penalty was the rubbish one at Burnley.

you can guarantee that if he plays against us for Liverpool he will be man of the match.

strange move, but makes sense as he wasn't getting a game for us, and we have Fonte / Van Dijk and Yoshida with Stephens as back up plus Gardos on his way back, the wages could be better spent elsewhere.

What the actual ****?

Did Klopp shut his eyes during his utterly pathetic performance at St Mary's? I've never seen such a poor CB performance, it was Makin - Bennett levels of ineptness.

Hilarious.

Maybe Klopp is rewarding him for helping Liverpool progress into the next round

Perhaps Klopp sees some potential and is confident he can coach some improvements into Caulker.

If you're reading this that's 'coach' by the way Ronald. C.O.A.C.H. It means helping your players develop. You might want to try it sometime.

Polish a turd springs to mind

Don't be ridiculous. Tadic is an inconsistent play maker. Like most play makers that aren't world class.

Caulker is a diabolical defender with poor positioning, no pace and poor decision making who has been part of woeful defences for years and couldn't even challenge yoshida for first back up. Unbelievable that Liverpool want him.

Beg to differ mate, Caulker is a good player (England cap etc) who is just having a poor run, he is young and will have dips in his form but I repeat Klopp is no fool. As for Tadic I am also questioning his mental strength so vital to succeed in the Premiership.

If you are right on the other hand - and I don't think you are - then Liverpool are in big trouble because this would then be a monumental mistake.

You may or may no be right Duncan, but given that Caulker was behind Yoshida in the pecking order the coaching staff would appear to disagree with you big time.

Beg to differ mate, Caulker is a good player (England cap etc) who is just having a poor run, he is young and will have dips in his form but I repeat Klopp is no fool. As for Tadic I am also questioning his mental strength so vital to succeed in the Premiership.

If you are right on the other hand - and I don't think you are - then Liverpool are in big trouble because this would then be a monumental mistake.

It won't go down as a monumental mistake as he won't play as soon as their CB's are fit.

Is Caulkers one England cap supposed to mean something about his ability? I guess it shouldn't surprise us to see Nugent on his way to Mersey side?

What the actual ****?

Hilarious.

Maybe Klopp is rewarding him for helping Liverpool progress into the next round

Shocked that he has signed for Liverpool and Klopp. Caulker has been really poor when he has come in and worst of all which nobody has yet mentioned, is he just hits the ball long all the time which is very frustrating.

He won't play much for Liverpool but will continually be one of these things players that signs for stuggling premiership sides in the future because he had a half decent season at Cardiff once and got capped by England.