Schneiderlin To Join Everton

TopGun

Great player for us but I wouldn't want him back. He doesn't fit our system. Too slow moving the ball, too much backwards/sideways. We've been crying out for our CM's to attack and move the ball forward, that's not Schneiderlin.

You might be right - but your "too slow moving the ball, too much backwards/sideways" description sums at least one of our current mid-fielders and probably two. Morgan's great strength for us was his interceptions and tackling/harassing; but as others have said, there is no chance of him returning. He was such a good player for us though.

I would absolutely love Morgan back here but his wages (reported 90k pw) is outrageous and i would defo prefer to have money in the bank than top players on the pitch

Have you seen the new "Trolls" movie Glasgow? You'd love it - I took my 8year-old the other day; she loved it.

We don't really need him now. I'm happy with Romeu. He's stepped it up and rather than alternate between him and Morgan, I'd rather have a mainstay like Romeu starting most of the time and an academy product like Reed being trusted to deputise. We don't need him. He made his bed.

According to this in the Mirror, Everton have "won the race" to sign Morgan. The article is mainly about a Barklay for Sissoko swap deal, which would make me laugh:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ronald-koeman-eyeing-swap-deal-9509366

Would sign Morgan just to stop Everton getting him.

Mind you, if I was an Everton fan, I'd be pretty angry about swapping Barkley for Sissoko. I know Barclay's massively overrated but still, a managers job is to coach players to improve not pass the buck and swapping him for a player who only showed in the Euro's (played in his home country) and has failed at two clubs here demonstrates Koeman was not the right man for us.

He won't come back here.

I'd rather he went to WBA because then he would still be regarded as a "former Saints success story", not an "Everton star [we forgot he played for Saints]"! Keeps our publicity positive instead of 'little southern club'.

Also, I don't think he'll do so well at WBA, which suits us. Whereas he might actually play well at Everton, which doesn't suit us.

£13m for one of the best defensive midfielders in the league...it's an absolute no brainer. Buy him, pay him the wages and play him alongside Romeu, get Boufal in the hole and we have a bloody team on our hands.

No one knows how good he is like we do. Classie, holberg, Ward Prowse and Reed all offer something, but none dominates a midfield like Morgan did for us. Puel wants to control the game and dictate the play. Morgan does that. He wins second ball, wins headers, makes so,many interceptions and is amazingly quick to help stop breakaways. He is exactly what we need.

He is a no risk signing. How many of those are there these days?

Edited by Chez

£13m for one of the best defensive midfielders in the league...it's an absolute no brainer. Buy him, pay him the wages and play him alongside Romeu, get Boufal in the hole and we have a bloody team on our hands.

No one knows is good his is like we do. Classie, holberg, Ward Prowse and Reed all offer something, but none dominates a midfield like Morgan did for us. Puel wants to control the game and dictate the play. Morgan does that. He wins second ball, wins headers, makes so,many interceptions and is amazingly quick to help stop breakaways. He is exactly what we need.

Agree. You get him and tweak the formation. Two defensive midfielders will help too if we have to bed in a new CB. Everton bound though.

No one knows is good his is like we do. Classie, holberg, Ward Prowse and Reed all offer something, but none dominates a midfield like Morgan did for us. Puel wants to control the game and dictate the play. Morgan does that. He wins second ball, wins headers, makes so,many interceptions and is amazingly quick to help stop breakaways. He is exactly what we need.

:nod:

No one knows how good he is like we do. Classie, holberg, Ward Prowse and Reed all offer something, but none dominates a midfield like Morgan did for us. Puel wants to control the game and dictate the play. Morgan does that. He wins second ball, wins headers, makes so,many interceptions and is amazingly quick to help stop breakaways. He is exactly what we need.

If he really was on of the best in the League, we'd have a bidding war between Champions League teams and he wouldn't be failing to get into Man Utd's match day 18. He was good but we haven't exactly struggled since he left. Romeu has played just as well in a different role.

What you're suggesting is to spend millions, shatter our wage structure and change our formation just to accommodate one player. It's not a no risk signing, it's a huge risk. Large financial outlay, fundamental changes to how we play, other players in the squad unhappy and a player who wanted to leave 3 years ago, hasn't played regularly for nearly 2, on high wages.

He was a very good player for us. Better in theory than our current options, except Romeu, but trying to get him back makes little sense.

He was the best in the league two seasons ago, hence United signing him. It will be the signing clubs good fortune that United have failed to make the most of him, enabling them to sign him for relative buttons. There are very few United rejects I'd ever want us to have signed. Usually those departing were/are bang average but on stupid wages. Morgan is not average, although the wages will certainly be hefty. But with so much money available to all prem teams now there is no reason why we can't pay 100k a week wages and who knows, maybe we already are.

He is arguably better than Romeu IMO. He is certainly better than all the other midfielders. Whether that's the case in two years time is hard to say, but Prowse, reed, Classie and Hojbjerg will certainly need to raise their game a lot. As we have invested new contracts for them all, I certainly hope so.

There is not a change of formation, we simply play him instead of Classie, Prowse or Hojbjerg. The only issue is our ability to afford him whilst keeping all the other midfielders. If we could sell Classie thereby opening a space, freeing up wages and providing transfer funds I wouldn't give it a second thought.

It won't Happen. No one wants Classie, so there is no room at the inn.

Edited by Chez

£13m for one of the best defensive midfielders in the league...it's an absolute no brainer.

I agree £13mil for one of the best midfielders in the country would be a no brainer.

Unfortunately the best aren't available. MS is ,and he's far from being one of the best, hence why he's available for £13 mil. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. He's always been overrated on here and I've seen nothing the past 2 years to justify taking him back on considerably more money than he got before.Interesting that none of the top sides are interested, including Poch who knows him better than most.

I agree £13mil for one of the best midfielders in the country would be a no brainer.

Unfortunately the best aren't available. MS is ,and he's far from being one of the best, hence why he's available for £13 mil. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. He's always been overrated on here and I've seen nothing the past 2 years to justify taking him back on considerably more money than he got before.Interesting that none of the top sides are interested, including Poch who knows him better than most.

Odd thought given he was statistically the best dm in Europe's top leagues a couple of seasons ago iirc?

Yes I know lies lies and statistics but Morgan was a top midfielder.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/stats-zone-premier-league-central-midfielder-year

The top sides don't leave themselves short in central midfield and therefore needing him in January. If he wants a top club, he's best off waiting for the summer. If he wants football now, he'll have to settle for probably Everton.

We aren't short in midfield, he won't go for 13million anyway but the fee plus his wages mean a big outlay for something we don't need. He's better than Romeu, yes, but not so much better that he's worth shelling the fee and wages out for.

That said, of course the club know better than me and if they choose to go for it, I'll be buzzing because he's been my favourite player down here over the years.

He wouldnt come back as that would be a sign of double failure.

He's also going to cost over £20M and wages are £100,000 a week which we would never pay and rightly so.

West Brom offer leaked by Man United simply to squeeze Everton.