Saints 0 Wolves 2 (Carabao Cup)

SuperSAINT

2-0 - fully deserved by the Wolves youngsters. Apart from Romeu and Yoshi, they've been far better player for player. Could be a long time before the likes Boufal and JWP get another first XI chance on this evidence. Boufal could well be on his way out. Full backs haven't looked comfortable with this formation.

At least we haven't got ET to endure ahead of a tough trip to Yorkshire.

Blimey let's get this right.

Wolves had made 11 changes while we played at least 9 first teamers.

We are losing 2-NIL.

I think we have a team together who struggle to score goals and the problem lies with the likes of Redmond, Tadic, Davis and Long who just can't stay calm enough to score sitters.

Puel: Wins against Palace and Sunderland, Away win at Arsenal, two wins against Liverpool...All without conceding a goal.

Pellegrino: Knocked out 2-0 at home to a team in a lower division.

But oh, his press conferences are more exciting so that's okay, right? What an absolute joke.

Wow, terrible score line. Need a couple of attacking bodies in and out.

Should have beaten Swansea comfortably but didn't, a bit unlucky.

Beat WHU but got a bit lucky

****e tonight

Have to show up vs Huddersfield who will be super pumped and match their commitment or we will lose.

Our inability to score other than from the penalty spot is very worrying indeed. Our attacking players are absolute sh*t on the whole (I basically mean everyone bar Gabbi). All well and good buying defensive midfielders and centre backs but we look so poor going forward still. Lot of work for MP to do.

We have a decent starting 11(barring a new attacking option) but the back up players are not great.

We do not. We have the same starting 11 as finished last season so woefully. With the possible addition of a CB and DM who have never played in the U.K. and are very much an unknown quantity. Putting a lot of pressure on Lemina and Hoedt.

One thing I'm personally vey happy about is that I stayed at home tonight and listened on Radio Solent. DM seemed to be saying all the right things about selection, formation and tactics and it wasn't case of hindsight as he was being constructively critical well before half-time.

I think we have a team together who struggle to score goals and the problem lies with the likes of Redmond, Tadic, Davis and Long who just can't stay calm enough to score sitters.

Its ok we have had an excellent window according to some on here. Injury to Gabbi and Austin and we are ****ed.

Blimey let's get this right.

Wolves had made 11 changes while we played at least 9 first teamers.

We are losing 2-NIL.

Which is exactly what I said about 4 weeks ago. They're just average players. I'd sell at least two of them and replace them with one decent player.

The only concern is the attacking play. Tadic and Boufal had a great opportunity to demonstrate their talent against weaker oppositon and blew it. Boufal is still young (ish) and can improve but I think we've outgrown Tadic and it's time for him to move on.

Would agree on Tadic - said last season it was time to sell and re-invest as we did with J Rod. Boufal - I want him to do well as I did with Gaston (very different type of player) but can't see him getting into the game consistently over 90 minutes and I think English football is too high tempo for him. Might have to take a bath and re-invest there instead.

Jesus christ, the OTT reactions are out in force tonight!

It was a crap, crap performance. One of our worst for years and years, no denying that.

But take this in isolation, it would be stupid to do anything else.

Started the game with a formation we weren't sure about, we started on the back foot and slow - it's always hard to regain any sort of momentum if you start as bad as we did. Very confident we'll be a lot better at Huddersfield, and the team will be a lot more familiar with each other.

Bunch of c^nts (again).

This. Give me Pellegrino over Puel all day long. Barring this game we've played a much more high tempo game which is more attractive to watch (unlike anything last season). Sh*t result tonight and a poor performance but we'll move on. Chat of relegation battles is madness.

Would agree on Tadic - said last season it was time to sell and re-invest as we did with J Rod. Boufal - I want him to do well as I did with Gaston (very different type of player) but can't see him getting into the game consistently over 90 minutes and I think English football is too high tempo for him. Might have to take a bath and re-invest there instead.

Boufal had a bit of an injury plagued season last year, I'm willing to be patient with him.

Pellegrino has taken us back to the Pochettino/Koeman era of not taking cups seriously.

It wasn't a particularly weak side, no weaker than the sides Puel put out in the cup.

Quality wasn't there (and we were too negative), that's all.

sounded very bad.

Big adam and dave were very scathing of the performance and more so, the shape of the side. Both could not understand why the manager left it so late to change it.

0-2 defeat at home to a reserve side from the league below, given our own starting 11 was shocking with another zero goals scored

We do not. We have the same starting 11 as finished last season so woefully. With the possible addition of a CB and DM who have never played in the U.K. and are very much an unknown quantity. Putting a lot of pressure on Lemina and Hoedt.

So we have a DM and CB like you say - good business on paper which improves weak areas in the starting 11 We need an attacking player with the vision for an assist and ability to score a goal - not cheap mind.