Stoke Build Up

ALWAYS_SFC

Having watched Stoke at Leciester, they were very organised, held a deep defensive line to give Vardy no space behind them, and most of their threat came from Shaquiri.

Based on this, I would put Manny Andrewzewski on Shaquiri, but as we don't have anyone like that, decide whether Romeu's defensive positioning or PEH mobility is the best way to keep an eye on him.

Up front it a pairing of Carillo and Gabbi seems best. Carillo to challenge for crosses if they sit deep again, and Gabbi to try to get in behind if they push up. On the flanks I would go for Redmond on the right to sttart and Tadic left. JWP turns backwards too many times, which take Cedric out of the game and Redmond did well last week, but doesn't interact welll with Bertrand this year.

Sims to come on a sub as, if he starts, Stoke will go full Stoke on him and destroy him. Better to come on when they are a bit more leggy, and with a few yellow cards on board.

This.

Having watched Stoke at Leciester, they were very organised, held a deep defensive line to give Vardy no space behind them, and most of their threat came from Shaquiri.

Based on this, I would put Manny Andrewzewski on Shaquiri, but as we don't have anyone like that, decide whether Romeu's defensive positioning or PEH mobility is the best way to keep an eye on him.

Up front it a pairing of Carillo and Gabbi seems best. Carillo to challenge for crosses if they sit deep again, and Gabbi to try to get in behind if they push up. On the flanks I would go for Redmond on the right to sttart and Tadic left. JWP turns backwards too many times, which take Cedric out of the game and Redmond did well last week, but doesn't interact welll with Bertrand this year.

Sims to come on a sub as, if he starts, Stoke will go full Stoke on him and destroy him. Better to come on when they are a bit more leggy, and with a few yellow cards on board.

Good point. You've convinced me. He probably needs to build up his fitness a bit more too.

we just won't win this

MP just cannot set a team out in a crunch game to win. he is too defensive and risk adverse. He is such an appalling manager.

1-1 at best and the beginning of the end of our time in the prem. even Leitch is struggling to defend MP in the latest TSP podcast... and that is saying something

I fear it will be similar to Brighton in so far as the line up is defensive and Stoke will see this as three points for the taking if they go at us from the start.

We got half lucky against Brighton. That wont be enough Saturday.

I'm thinking this despite JWP assuring us we will be safe and sound come the end of the season :uhoh:

Leicester could and should have scored 3-4 in the last 20 minutes, Stoke were not really solid it was more Leicester played with very little tempo and didn't move the ball around quick enough. They seemed to suddenly wake up, especially after the fairly lucky goal and Stoke then looked like they couldn't handle them at all.

They also looked very vulnerable to crosses and corners as well. Butland is a top shot stopper, but looks weak on crosses and command of his area. I think Bertrand could be key.

But of course we are likely to play at a very low tempo and pass the ball around sideways which will suit them.

Leicester could and should have scored 3-4 in the last 20 minutes, Stoke were not really solid it was more Leicester played with very little tempo and didn't move the ball around quick enough. They seemed to suddenly wake up, especially after the fairly lucky goal and Stoke then looked like they couldn't handle them at all.

They also looked very vulnerable to crosses and corners as well. Butland is a top shot stopper, but looks weak on crosses and command of his area. I think Bertrand could be key.

But of course we are likely to play at a very low tempo and pass the ball around sideways which will suit them.

Textbook Puel that....

I watched it and thought of Shakiri shrugging off every player we have with his strength. I'd set Hoj on him, or Lemina.

Don't know about you guys but as things stand with the weather today, I won't be going anywhere near St Mary's on Saturday. It's bloody freezing out here in the forest, - bloody 10C last night and not much better today. If this goes on anybody sitting out in the stadium for two hours will run a very serious risk of hyperthermia.

Don't know about you guys but as things stand with the weather today, I won't be going anywhere near St Mary's on Saturday. It's bloody freezing out here in the forest, - bloody 10C last night and not much better today. If this goes on anybody sitting out in the stadium for two hours will run a very serious risk of hyperthermia.

Light weight! Saturday not going to be as cold.

we just won't win this

MP just cannot set a team out in a crunch game to win. he is too defensive and risk adverse. He is such an appalling manager.

1-1 at best and the beginning of the end of our time in the prem. even Leitch is struggling to defend MP in the latest TSP podcast... and that is saying something

only a short time ago I would have been slaughtered for posting something like this.

I guess some actually agree with it

They really need to call it today. Lots travelling long distances and booking hotels that need cancelling. ie me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bad is it down there? I have already booked my train tickets!

Weather forecast appears to show temperatures comfortably avove freezing all night and tomorrow and snow after about 5pm tonight. Surely it'll be on?

I think the game will go ahead as long as the club get their arse into gear like Arsenal did last evening there was no overnight snow in Southampton and the temperature is set to go above freezing today and improve tomorrow. The club needs this game to be played and should make every effort to ensure it happens

I think the game will go ahead as long as the club get their arse into gear like Arsenal did last evening there was no overnight snow in Southampton and the temperature is set to go above freezing today and improve tomorrow. The club needs this game to be played and should make every effort to ensure it happens

yeah that’s fine Duncan but we don’t all live on the doorstep and I for one don’t want to miss this but at the same time I’m not skating on black icey roads to get there.

The road I live on in Southampton is impossible to drive down, snow ankle deep , major routes A34 had fatality yesterday and army were called in to help people stranded on A31 last night just outside of Southampton, if there's more snow today I wouldn't be surprised if it's called off, would imagine Stoke squad are due to travel down this afternoon.

The road I live on in Southampton is impossible to drive down, snow ankle deep , major routes A34 had fatality yesterday and army were called in to help people stranded on A31 last night just outside of Southampton, if there's more snow today I wouldn't be surprised if it's called off, would imagine Stoke squad are due to travel down this afternoon.

“Snow ankle deep”

That was never a problem in my day. The trouble now is that we have a generation who have never experienced these conditions. It’s perfectly possible to drive on such snow but it does require a totally different approach.

For us oldies these conditions are not unprecedented. We used to call it ‘winter’.

“Snow ankle deep”

That was never a problem in my day. The trouble now is that we have a generation who have never experienced these conditions. It’s perfectly possible to drive on such snow but it does require a totally different approach.

For us oldies these conditions are not unprecedented. We used to call it ‘winter’.

still do but when it takes five and a half hours to drive 6 miles home from work you kind of get a sense that football may have to take a back seat a little bit :-)

I imagine with it blowing in from the East the Kingsland stand will be covered in snow, that will be the issue for the Club, clearing that away.

I know, get the players on it! They can all drive down in their nice 4x4 motors and then breathe hot air all over it no problem...

Tried the Premier League Table Calculator and have us staying up on 37 pts. (13th) with WBA, Brighton and Swansea getting relegated and that was with us drawing tomorrow. A bit of fun. Try it..
the BBC 'super comupter' has us finishing 16th with WBA, Stoke and Swansea down.

God knows how. we are terrible

Edited by Batman