Jump to content

Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs


ecuk268

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton are now in the driving seat for Hojbjerg.
I guess Hoj will probably be disappointed with this unless his pay package is better than at SMS.
Everton are unlikely to challenge for top honours unless their owners have deep enough pockets to shell out a lot of cash on players as well as financing their proposed new stadium.

You say that, but just think about those dug-outs!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spyinthesky said:

According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton are now in the driving seat for Hojbjerg.
I guess Hoj will probably be disappointed with this unless his pay package is better than at SMS.
Everton are unlikely to challenge for top honours unless their owners have deep enough pockets to shell out a lot of cash on players as well as financing their proposed new stadium.

Good - wealthier club than Spurs and unlike Spurs haven’t embarked on paying for a new stadium quite yet although in the pipeline it seems.

Agent wins either way - PEH gets his £££ and talks about the project. We end up getting a decent fee hopefully to reinvest for Ralph. PEH might be better for Everton next year as I don’t think he was quite at it this year. As long as Everton accept what type of player he is - break it up, screen back 4 and give it as short as possible - he may be fine. I think it’s whether PEH and his ‘super agent’ share that view. Pity as he was far more grounded last season.

Hopefully we get £20-25m and not our issue anymore. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton are now in the driving seat for Hojbjerg.
I guess Hoj will probably be disappointed with this unless his pay package is better than at SMS.
Everton are unlikely to challenge for top honours unless their owners have deep enough pockets to shell out a lot of cash on players as well as financing their proposed new stadium.

They certainly have deep pockets and are willing to gamble with it - they're currently being linked with a £40m bid for Maitland-Niles from Arsenal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, igsey said:

They certainly have deep pockets and are willing to gamble with it - they're currently being linked with a £40m bid for Maitland-Niles from Arsenal.

They love wasting money. Flexing their muscles to build an unbalanced team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, igsey said:

They certainly have deep pockets and are willing to gamble with it - they're currently being linked with a £40m bid for Maitland-Niles from Arsenal.

Talking of Arsenal...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1312283/Arsenal-News-Mikel-Arteta-Tottenham-Jose-Mourinho-Pierre-Emile-Hojbjerg-Transfer-Gossip

"Arsenal are considering entering the race for Tottenham Hotspur target Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg."

(Apologies if already posted, and yes, I know it's the Daily 'pinch of salt' Express...) 

Edited by trousers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, trousers said:

Talking of Arsenal...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1312283/Arsenal-News-Mikel-Arteta-Tottenham-Jose-Mourinho-Pierre-Emile-Hojbjerg-Transfer-Gossip

"Arsenal are considering entering the race for Tottenham Hotspur target Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg."

(Apologies if already posted, and yes, I know it's the Daily 'pinch of salt' Express...) 

Think they lifted it from the Jason Burt Telegraph article from yesterday evening.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everton getting used in the media in my opinion. Players side is pretty clear and quick to mention that Spurs is his ideal destination at every possible opportunity. All well and good Saints trying to quicken it up by saying they have 48 hours but if the player rejects Everton and an offer from Spurs comes in next week it's back on isn't it. PEH isn't going to Everton unless he's had a sudden meltdown in lockdown. Everything he's said and done is about winning the league and playing in the CL. He's not joining a team that we could finish above in a few days time. With a year left on his contract if he doesn't get a move to Spurs this summer, he'll take his chances and wait until next year when he's available on a free and other top clubs will smell a player on a free. If he still cant get a move next year when he's out of contract then maybe he'll pop to Everton but not now. Everton know this as well. Hence they are trying to do it ASAP as it's their best opportunity. Pretty sure Spurs will play the long game to get the price down and would have told PEH to stay patient accordingly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Why? 🤔

If Spurs are signing Hojbjerg it makes the deal more complex. It's an additional variable and factor and is likely to drag things out.

If we genuinely are giving Spurs an ultimatum over Hjobjerg and dealing with Everton instead then, given Levy's track-record they might be completely unreasonable in relation to KWP by way of tit for tat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, benjii said:

If Spurs are signing Hojbjerg it makes the deal more complex. It's an additional variable and factor and is likely to drag things out.

If we genuinely are giving Spurs an ultimatum over Hjobjerg and dealing with Everton instead then, given Levy's track-record they might be completely unreasonable in relation to KWP by way of tit for tat.

There are reports Saints want to do any deal for KWP and Hojbjerg separately so the values are kept apart from each other. 

If Spurs don't want KWP it would be a bizarre decision to make things awkward for Saints to buy him. They need the money so why turn a reasonable bid down?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

There are reports Saints want to do any deal for KWP and Hojbjerg separately so the values are kept apart from each other. 

If Spurs don't want KWP it would be a bizarre decision to make things awkward for Saints to buy him. They need the money so why turn a reasonable bid down?

Because it's Daniel Levy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

 I doubt Daniel Levy would like the comparison with Hitler! 

Oops... I've just realised Levy's heritage so fair point! Comparison retracted. I was trying to suggest that just because Levy hasn't done a particular thing before doesn't mean that he wouldn't contemplate doing it in the future, given his reputation for being a bit of an arse. (I'll pick Bobby Davro for comparison next time! Apologies for any offence caused, none intended :( )

Edited by trousers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Trippier went for £20m and was a far more established player (no idea how long was left on his contract)

I think £15m is fair right

That is not true

Trippier played 107 Premier League games at the time he left for Spain aged 28

Hojbjerg has played 126 Premier League/Bundesliga games and is only 24

Edited by Matthew Le God
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

That is not true

Trippier played 107 Premier League games at the time he left for Spain aged 28

Hojbjerg has played 126 Premier League/Bundesliga games and is only 24

I was talking about a price for KWP! I can understand why you thought PEH though seeing as this is his thread 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, trousers said:

Oops... I've just realised Levy's heritage so fair point! Comparison retracted. I was trying to suggest that just because Levy hasn't done a particular thing before doesn't mean that he wouldn't contemplate doing it in the future, given his reputation for being a bit of an arse. (I'll pick Bobby Davro for comparison next time! Apologies for any offence caused, none intended :( )

Don’t worry Trousers, there’s a place in the Labour party for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everton being interested has worked out well for us, regardless of if he goes there - players usually end up where they want.

If he did, there would aurely be question marks over our ability to sign KWP - can't imagine Spurs would love dealing with us, even though we would have done nothing wrong by accepting the best offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Everton being interested has worked out well for us, regardless of if he goes there - players usually end up where they want.

If he did, there would aurely be question marks over our ability to sign KWP - can't imagine Spurs would love dealing with us, even though we would have done nothing wrong by accepting the best offer.

I doubt Spurs would care about Saints accepting a higher offer for Hojbjerg than their own. It would be nonsensical for Saints to accept a lower offer by Spurs. Levy is a businessman and it would be daft to cut off your nose to spite your face. Why turn down money for Walker-Peters if an offer comes in from Saints and he is for sale?

Edited by Matthew Le God
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Cartman said:

Agree to sell PEH for £30m and buy KWP for £20m but keep the deals separate. Let the PEH deal go through then buy Maehle.

1, KWP is not worth 20m

2 Why would we then buy Maehle

For what its worth id still take Maehle over KWP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Saint-Armstrong said:

Daily Echo reporting that PEH has agreed personal terms with Everton and that a £25m bid has been accepted by Saints: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18597836.pierre-emile-hojbjerg-agrees-personal-terms-everton-saints-accept-25m-offer/?ref=rss

Impressive.

Though surely not?

Wasn't he aiming for CL, or Spurs? And how could it have happened so quickly. Have we suddenly found some transfer window guile?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Everton being interested has worked out well for us, regardless of if he goes there - players usually end up where they want.

If he did, there would aurely be question marks over our ability to sign KWP - can't imagine Spurs would love dealing with us, even though we would have done nothing wrong by accepting the best offer.

Yeah absolutely, can’t see Levy playing fair if he does to Everton.

I would still be surprised if he didn’t end up at Spurs though - Everton’s interest has hopefully hurried them along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Yeah absolutely, can’t see Levy playing fair if he does to Everton.

I would still be surprised if he didn’t end up at Spurs though - Everton’s interest has hopefully hurried them along.

Well they now know they have to offer 25 million or no deal......I would still take 15 plus KWP but Saints don’t seem to want to do it that way 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Far be it for me to cast doubt on the words that pour out of a footballers mouth but if he accepts the personal terms from Everton then this Champions League and title talk is total bollocks then !

I’m shocked 🤣

I suppose it helps to have the gravitas of Ancelotti to sell the notion of settling for Everton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Genuinely nuts from PEH if he's agreed to go to Everton so quickly. Only reason I can think for it is if he's enjoying the feeling of being wanted so quickly. Which has it merits of course but his priorities of wanting CL and the title have changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think as a club we wanted this done ASAP, as it did certainly have the potential to drag on.

Let's see what Spurs can muster up.

Going to Everton makes a mockery of PEH's claim that he needs to leave to win the league and the champions league though. $$$$.

He's going to his level though, mid-table PL is pretty much him. I hope Everton don't expect much more.

This isn't a bitter 'oh he's leaving, now he's shit' post either. I've never rated him, been a huge part of our problems and I'm glad to get rid.

Edited by S-Clarke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t get this Levy won’t let us have KWP now talk. Everton made an offer, saints say to spurs if you want him you’ll need to up your offer/make an offer around this. If spurs decide not to then so be it. We shouldn’t not accept Everton offer because spurs want to pay less. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Lighthouse changed the title to Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})