The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

He's also just said Jean-Kevin Augustin from Leipzig is on the market for the last few days of the window. Asking price was originally 40m but that has been lowered..

He's only on the bench tonight , not sure if I want to spunk that much on another European teams squad player .

Edited by simo

Expect J-K A incoming if Austin goes on a perm. Tomorrow is a big day for Charlie

He looks absolutely class. but I'm really no expecting much ambition from us after reading ralphs comments “There is a small tree. We give water to it and try to let it grow and, if it is a beautiful tree, then another one will come and take it.

translates to me that we will pretty much rely on youth and trying to do things on the cheap and the ones who turn out great say goodbye..

He looks absolutely class. but I'm really no expecting much ambition from us after reading ralphs comments “There is a small tree. We give water to it and try to let it grow and, if it is a beautiful tree, then another one will come and take it.

translates to me that we will pretty much rely on youth and trying to do things on the cheap and the ones who turn out great say goodbye..

J K A is only 21 so would be a small tree.

J K A is only 21 so would be a small tree.

maybe age wise, but with the talk of the price being around the 40m mark originally he must be a small tree thats already started turning beautifull. :)

also Ralph saying how he knows how fans like big signings. but for us this isn't the way- JKA would surely have to smash our transfer record.. by the way I really hope I am wrong here and would be over the moon if we sign him but I think Adams sounds more like the type of signing we will go for

So bench players at our place cost 10-12 million, Tadic a regular performer was sold for 10mil as well and we are linked with a bench player from Leipzig and he is supposidely worth 20-25million.

Is there an underlying issue somewhere?

They are 4 up so just because he is on bench doesnt mean he isnt a good buy does it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So bench players at our place cost 10-12 million, Tadic a regular performer was sold for 10mil as well and we are linked with a bench player from Leipzig and he is supposidely worth 20-25million.

Is there an underlying issue somewhere?

I suppose you pay a premium for the potential of J-K-A and there's no doubting the potential talent

However I agreed £20-25m sounds high for a lad that's very much on the fringes and not exactly prolific when he's been given chances

They paid something like £10m for him. So £15m sounds fair....

Although it could be WHY he is on the bench of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t say swapping. But when you think we got £12m for Gabbi and £80k pw off, £60k Davis, half Hoedts £50k etc it has freed up some wages. Austin is on £50k+ some tasty bonus money as well......

I think the really important thing is to make sure we get the sale of our current player absolutely locked down, signed sealed and delivered before we worry about trivial matters like replacements.

I mean, that can all be done at the very last hour of the last day of the window and if it doesn't work out then well, you know, something unexpected happened and it's not our fault.

I think the really important thing is to make sure we get the sale of our current player absolutely locked down, signed sealed and delivered before we worry about trivial matters like replacements.

I mean, that can all be done at the very last hour of the last day of the window and if it doesn't work out then well, you know, something unexpected happened and it's not our fault.

Spurs way

If we get a new striker then great, if not I'm happy we can perform alright with what we've got.

More of a case of what do we do when 'what we've got' gets injured.

Fair enough getting rid of the deadwood but we have got to strengthen to survive in this league.

More of a case of what do we do when 'what we've got' gets injured.

Fair enough getting rid of the deadwood but we have got to strengthen to survive in this league.

Trust the manager and Club. I think that they are well aware of what the situation is, and how it would change with injuries.

Has anyone actually read that Kagawa link? It doesn't even pretend we're remotely interested in him.

I read it. It basically says he plays football. And we might be interested in him because we have a Japanese player. It's that concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, being weak at right back isn't ideal. No, it won't be the reason we get relegated.

I’m sorry but it’s nonsense to say something like that now, you just don’t know. I don’t think we will get relegated but any glaring weak link in the side will get exploited in this league. The margins are so fine between success and failure, a weakness in one position could be enough to mean relegation.

Of course you can’t be totally prepared for any injury crisis but it’s wise to have two good options for every position. If Ralph thinks we have it then fine but it may well not be his call and might just be the club penny pinching.