Pompey vs Saints - Sold Out

Saint_lambden

Which is why I wanted it at home [emoji21] the tickets for this will be harder to get hold of than unicorn ****

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

No they wont … this is not a game for the majority of season ticket holders … tickets were easier enough to get last we played them a few years back.

No they wont … this is not a game for the majority of season ticket holders … tickets were easier enough to get last we played them a few years back.

This is true, I remember a December game there a few seasons ago where I got hold of a ticket no problem (was a ST holder with 0 aways). Not saying it will be easy but it may go further down the pecking order than you think.

Not when you live in Gosport and everyone one you know is a die hard skate.

I need this win badly after years of bloody 4-1 this and 4-1 that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate I grew up in Gosport AND went to school in Portsmouth. The week after the 4-1 was one of the worst of my life. Doesn’t stop me looking forward to this game. ITS OUR TIME

Mate I grew up in Gosport AND went to school in Portsmouth. The week after the 4-1 was one of the worst of my life. Doesn’t stop me looking forward to this game. ITS OUR TIME

Hey I grew up in Gosport too and have always been a Saint and now live Southsea. I’m still hurting from the 4-1 defeat at Fratton in the PL in 2005 when we didn’t turn up! I’ll be nervous but we need to win this one! Who the fook is laughing now!

Anyone else spot that on the official draw programme on Sky, there was not the slightest acknowledgement that this was a tie of any note.

Even though they were struggling to fill time there was no mention from either of the pundits pulling out the balls or the anchor-totty.

It was acknowledged on Sky Sport News as the tie of the round though ....

They're so much better than us, we could pull off a real giant-killing here. And at mighty Fartton Park too. We should be ever so thankful to play at the World's best ground, especially after years of being unable to play there due to our most unfortunate success. Oh how we will urinate on their seats as a peaceful sign of respect, oh how we will jovially nut TCWTB as a sign of friendship, oh how we were burn an effigy of Michael Eisner as a ritualistic celebration of his involvement with the mighty Skates.

I expect tickets to be around the £300 mark for this game, a price worth paying to watch the world's greatest team in action.

We completely bottled the last two games against them, having the far superior team but failing to win. They still celebrate that Norris goal and that for me is my most horrible experience in football. We have to win this game.

In all honesty, I'd have preferred it at home. It's a massive banana skin at their place.

If that lot want to pay my mortgage, crack on. Usually win, win for me.

If they do well, so does my pay packet.

If they don't, I have a good laugh.

If you can live with yourself then fine. I could never and will never work for them.

We completely bottled the last two games against them, having the far superior team but failing to win. They still celebrate that Norris goal and that for me is my most horrible experience in football. We have to win this game.

In all honesty, I'd have preferred it at home. It's a massive banana skin at their place.

Seriously? That Norris goal is irrelevant. We went up and they went down. The fact they celebrate it shows how tinpot they are.

Now we shall see what this squad is made of.

On one hand I’m glad it’s this year and not last (as I think the likes of ings, Adams hoj Ralph etc) will be up for it.

On the other, it’s a shame it’s not 4 years ago as it could have been double figures.

We’ll beat them, but if it’s not by 4/5 it’ll be disappointing

Dont away teams you get a greater % of tickets for cup games?

10% in EFL these days, we 'should' get around 1900 but that would mean segregating the away end which I can't really see happening for this fixture. So I reckon we'll either get all of it or nothing. A 'bubble' mid-week will be near on impossible with too many road restrictions needing to be set up throughout a working day so I can seriously see the OB suggesting no tickets sold to away fans which their club would jump on.

Whatever, don't f*ck this up Saints, Ralph's legend status could be confirmed.

10% in EFL these days, we 'should' get around 1900 but that would mean segregating the away end which I can't really see happening for this fixture. So I reckon we'll either get all of it or nothing. A 'bubble' mid-week will be near on impossible with too many road restrictions needing to be set up throughout a working day so I can seriously see the OB suggesting no tickets sold to away fans which their club would jump on.

Whatever, don't f*ck this up Saints, Ralph's legend status could be confirmed.

You think we might get no tickets? Don't be so silly.

This is true, I remember a December game there a few seasons ago where I got hold of a ticket no problem (was a ST holder with 0 aways). Not saying it will be easy but it may go further down the pecking order than you think.
I think the security arrangements (bubble) were so ridiculous it put people (including me) off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Of course, when I stop going we get them...

No chance of getting tickets now. Anyone that does get them, don't you dare head there and stand in silence - only those that are willing to shout themselves hoarse.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Should be those who went to Fulham. Made a good noise.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Difference being that we took just under 3,000 their last time. Can't see it being that many again (nearer 2,000 I suspect being midweek).

If that lot want to pay my mortgage, crack on. Usually win, win for me.

If they do well, so does my pay packet.

If they don't, I have a good laugh.

So, what are your sabotage opportunities for this game then...? Laxative in the pre-match lasagne? ;)

Don't think tickets will be a problem at all, last time was easy and that was a Saturday bubble, the logistics of a midweek one will put a lot off. In fact if you don't live in Southampton getting home that night will be a challenge.

A week of rivalries will be good playing Bournemouth on the Friday night as a warm up to this one.

We haven't won at Fratton in a competitive fixture since 1984, long overdue.

Great draw, this is what it's all about!

This is a reverse to what happened in 2010 really, when we faced them at St Marys. They were struggling at the bottom end of the PL, had been struggling for a couple of years. We were on the up in league 1, had huge momentum behind us and Lambert scoring...

Yet the extra quality they had at that time still showed, unfortunately. Even though we did put in a shift, they just picked us off in the end as we tired and left gaps. We've got better quality than them all over the pitch now though, probably more quality than they had in their team in 2010 if I’m brutally honest, so let them have their barnstorming start and see where we are after 60 mins.

It’ll be a frantic start and won’t surprise me if we’re 1 down after 20 minutes. Surely the, lets be honest, huge gulf in quality will tell in the end. Losing this is just not an option.

Interesting to see logistically if they can do a bubble, it’s a huge operation for Hants OB who have said previously that they couldn’t afford to fund another one

people really think the OB will operate a Bubble on this one?

I think it will be massively complicated, maybe they might just run with this one (excuse the pun) and see what happens.

The days of football hooliganism is long gone isn't it?

Not for the Portsmouth sc*mbags ;)

The last time the 60s and 70s boys have their final say eh- this fixture shouldn’t be played for another 5 years at least right.

In all seriousness though it’s 2019, no one is gonna go out there for a scrap will be safe as any other games really- one would only expect more intimidating chants at worst- and that is how it should be