Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

Perhaps some credit ought to go to Kitzbichler, or at least to having an assistant again. Ralph lost his way, without an assistant (Rohl) to bounce ideas off, eventually Kitzbichler comes in and after a few weeks things start to turn round. Coincidence?
Kitzbichler apparently is also an oposition analyst could it be that we are doing better homework on our opponents football style now?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Its laughable how you all think that now that Saints are doing well it must be because Ralph is listening to his new assistant.

Looooooooool fuc king get a grip.

Also now that we are doing well, sudddenly Ralph has an assissrant and it is no longer urgent to find a replacement to Rohl.

Fickle fickle fickle.

Its laughable how you all think that now that Saints are doing well it must be because Ralph is listening to his new assistant.

Looooooooool fuc king get a grip.

Also now that we are doing well, sudddenly Ralph has an assissrant and it is no longer urgent to find a replacement to Rohl.

Fickle fickle fickle.

Laugh out out out out out out out out out out out out out loud.

Moron

Kitzbichler apparently is also an oposition analyst could it be that we are doing better homework on our opponents football style now?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

It seems the assistants are contributing more as our set pieces have improved defensively and offensively.

The substitutions have improved plus our overall formation.

I doubt it’s all down to Ralph just changing the formation but actually having a good team around him on the bench and on the training ground.

It seems the assistants are contributing more as our set pieces have improved defensively and offensively.

The substitutions have improved plus our overall formation.

I doubt it’s all down to Ralph just changing the formation but actually having a good team around him on the bench and on the training ground.

Also I think Ralph has finally worked out who his first choice team is (particularly at the back) and the team is massively benefitting from consistency.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

not too long ago, he was apparently getting the most out of the team when we were 18th and that was the best it could get..

Glad Ralph didnt agree with the forum experts....

Not to long ago, Ralph was apparently a terrible manager, who didn't know what he he was doing, who needed replacing, when we were 18th, and only changing him would save us ..

Glad the club didn't listen to the forum experts...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Not to long ago, Ralph was apparently a terrible manager, who didn't know what he he was doing, who needed replacing, when we were 18th, and only changing him would save us ..

"Get in Fat Sam!! He will save us!!!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

so, we can all agree that being 17th/18th was not Ralph getting the best out of this team/squad...and in fact, he was performing badly as manager.

Otherwise, he would be no better than Mark Hughes, when it is clear, he is.

the peoples thread, this. Unity.

And now they are trying to save their faces by blabing out their latest expertise on the subject.

Utterly utterly laughable.

“It seems... maybe...”

No one knows what happened, what was changed etc...

Not you, not me only the people inside the club in the close quarters know this.

Plus, lets just enjoy this period and stop trying to find culprits all the time.

Even when we are winning people are trying to find something to moan or somebody to blame (Adams, Boufal etc...).

They ll be complaining about the beer at the stadium next when there will be next to nothing to complain about on the playing field.

Blame culture within the fanbase and the media is a fuc king gangrene.

Congrats to the whole club, you are making us very proud!!!

Somewhere in the back story of 'pundit world' preseason was an idea that Saints would struggle at the start and it would be around half a season before RH had the team playing the way he wanted. Just looked at a couple of prediction sites one of which has us only getting another 13 points this season and winning no more home games. Happy New Year.

And now they are trying to save their faces by blabing out their latest expertise on the subject.

“It seems... maybe...”

Not you, not me only the people inside the club in the close quarters know this.

Plus, lets just enjoy this period and stop trying to find culprits all the time.

Even when we are winning people are trying to find something to moan or somebody to blame (Adams, Boufal etc...).

They ll be complaining about the beer at the stadium next when there will be next to nothing to complain about on the playing field.

Blame culture within the fanbase and the media is a fuc king gangrene.

Well the beer is terrible....freezing cold gassy ale yuk when they have a brilliant brewery a few hundred yards away Unity.

Is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll readily admit my faith in him wavered with some of his bizarre tactical choices earlier in the season.

Happy to see us playing with more of a plan.

Yep, me too. He looked like a broken man earlier in the season, but we now seem to be back to the kind of performance level we saw when he first came in last season.

I simply don't know enough about what goes on behind the scenes to say whether or not having an assistant is the main factor in our recent upturn in performance, but it would seem to fit. We're much more disciplined defensively now, and that has to be down to the coaching. We've also got Matt Crocker due to join in the technical director role very shortly as well, but he may well have been having some degree of influence already.

I think another big factor is the inclusion of Armstrong in midfield - he's been a revelation and is now putting in the kind of performances that he was always clearly capable of but never quite managed on a regular basis.

“It seems... maybe...”

I think RH figured it out be himself. Out of necessity. He stated in recent times frequently that he had wanted to make step two before step one was fully done. So he returned to implement step one again (pressing, defending from attackers onwards etc.) to keep it on a continual basis. Only when this step 1 is really really part of the team, mentally and physically, they will start to (hopefully carefully) implement more sophisticated tactics - if ever necessary.

By the way - I believe that only Liverpool and MC are stronger than we are in the moment (and they nevertheless will have a hard time trying to defeat us). Leicester, having seen them angainst Liverpool, are not stronger than we are. I expect on or threee points from that match. Everton can be an issue - their coach is very good.

I think RH figured it out be himself. Out of necessity. He stated in recent times frequently that he had wanted to make step two before step one was fully done. So he returned to implement step one again (pressing, defending from attackers onwards etc.) to keep it on a continual basis. Only when this step 1 is really really part of the team, mentally and physically, they will start to (hopefully carefully) implement more sophisticated tactics - if ever necessary.

By the way - I believe that only Liverpool and MC are stronger than we are in the moment (and they nevertheless will have a hard time trying to defeat us). Leicester, having seen them angainst Liverpool, are not stronger than we are. I expect on or threee points from that match. Everton can be an issue - their coach is very good.

That's mad Leicester have been cracking all season.

Yes the best team in the league by miles. If we had played them we would have been spanked too.

Yes. But we did not loose 0-4 as far as I remember against Liverpool. Southampton performance is now different than the 0-9. Leicester has problems with our pressing, you will see. I bet 50% draw or 50% win in Leicester. What do you think?

That's mad Leicester have been cracking all season.

Well the team should certainly be fired up to get revenge - can not see a better motivation than revenge, certainly Ralph will have a very easy team talk, "Lad's let's' make it up for our fans and dignity". Would not be surprised to see a red card or two in this game. One thing is for sure, we will not lose 9-0. Think/hope we will get a deserved draw.

I was in the car on the way home after the palace game and listening to Berties interview on radio solent he mentioned something of note, he said "after the Everton game the manager has made a few tactical tweaks and is playing players in their preferred positions, asking them to do what they are good at and what they are comfortable doing" seems like Ralph has learned from his early season blunders and is now reaping the fruits of sensible decisions. Long may it continue, we have looked mustard the last few weeks!

Yes. But we did not loose 0-4 as far as I remember against Liverpool. Southampton performance is now different than the 0-9. Leicester has problems with our pressing, you will see. I bet 50% draw or 50% win in Leicester. What do you think?
Yes we have improved since losing to Leicester but it's absurd to suggest they aren't generally a lot better than us. I think we will most likely lose to them. You never know if we catch them on an off day and play well but I don't think we can use their loss to Liverpool to suggest they still aren't one of the best teams in the division.

Have always been an admirer of Ralph and only wavered slightly (never wanted him sacked) but I think we all realise that he was making some bizarre team selections, formations and subs for a while !

It is no coincidence that since we have had a settled team with players in their natural positions, our fortunes have risen dramatically !

Whether he has had help from within or he just woke up and smelt the coffee, none of us really know but something definitely happened, thank you Lord !

COYS ;)

Yes we have improved since losing to Leicester but it's absurd to suggest they aren't generally a lot better than us. I think we will most likely lose to them. You never know if we catch them on an off day and play well but I don't think we can use their loss to Liverpool to suggest they still aren't one of the best teams in the division.

You are right, Leicester is a top team, no doubt. What I mean is that right now they will have a hard time playing against us; taking into account our preformances against top teams recently. Even if Leicester has a good day it will be difficult to defeat us.

You are right, Leicester is a top team, no doubt. What I mean is that right now they will have a hard time playing against us; taking into account our preformances against top teams recently. Even if Leicester has a good day it will be difficult to defeat us.

I agree [emoji1360]

Yes but that's a bit different from using their Liverpool performance to suggest they aren't better than us.

Yes but that's a bit different from using their Liverpool performance to suggest they aren't better than us.

OK, maybe I was not quite clear with my statements. Generally I think - PROVIDING we can continue with our performances - that every team will have a hard time trying to defeat us. This will also apply to Leicester, and they are not on the level of Liverpool.

Leicester will beat us easily.

Leicester will beat us easily.
The same was said recently of Chelsea and Tottenham. We're not the finished article, by a long stretch, but I kind of feel you are being more than a little dismissive of recent improvements. They may beat us, but "easily" is wide of the mark in my opinion. If I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up and apologise, but I really don't think I am. Guess we'll see after the match

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well the team should certainly be fired up to get revenge - can not see a better motivation than revenge, certainly Ralph will have a very easy team talk, "Lad's let's' make it up for our fans and dignity". Would not be surprised to see a red card or two in this game. One thing is for sure, we will not lose 9-0. Think/hope we will get a deserved draw.

Not very often that a team does the double. I’ll go for a draw

Hope one is for crocking Vardy and ruling him out of the Carabao Cup Semi - Final Second Leg, and Final then...

Leicester are very good but I don't think they have been in as good form recently as they were for the first 2-3 months of the season. Granted they have played Liverpool and Man City recently, but they were poor in both games not really in them at all, plus they drew at home to Norwich, drew away to Everton in the cup throwing away a 2 goal lead, narrowly beat a terrible West Ham (with a changed team) and even their 3-0 against Newcastle flattered them as Newcastle gifted them all the goals and had 4 players injured in the game.

They will still probably beat us but if we play like we have against Chelsea and Spurs then we have every chance of causing them problems and at least picking up a point IMO.

He's turned it round and clearly the changes have been effective. Fantastic performance and result today and since December.

We were, however, utterly dreadful at the start of the season. Let's hope we can get through the season without that form and those behaviours returning.

Would like to see RH given a contract extension 'now' rather than wait until the usual 'will he, won't he?' period kicks in from this summer onwards.

Yes, I know contract extensions are largely arbitrary and/or token efforts as managers can still be sacked and/or poached regardless, but it sends out the right symbolic signals.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl