Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I think you need to re-read my posts. They say the opposite to what you think they say.

Honestly, I really don't understand why you keep insisting that Hojberg is not a ball winning midfielder  - he's one of the best in the league!  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but quoting stats that back the very thing you're arguing against is just bizarre!

4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Honestly, I really don't understand why you keep insisting that Hojberg is not a ball winning midfielder  - he's one of the best in the league!  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but quoting stats that back the very thing you're arguing against is just bizarre!

🙄🤔

Did you actually read my post? 

Edited by Matthew Le God

LeG, can you at least let us know the timeframe of when we can expect announcements. Before the last game, in the week after it or beyond? Surely they want to announce them sooner and get some more season ticket sales or shirts with names on the back if one is really good.

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

hmm....

Assuming he gets ITK_Watch verified, signing 2x centre-backs probably means Vest is def off?

Yoshida gone.  Danso going. 

Other CB's we've been linked with:

Jean-Clair Todibo / Axel Disasi / Dael Fry / Evan N'Dicka / Omar Colley

Edited by SuperSAINT

Probably one of the new Academy scholars.

As if we would sign Salisu and another CB of the likes mentioned above. We don't need 4 who all expect to be starting. Plus we still have Vestergaard currently.

Our 4th CB to replace Danso will be someone cheap, young and who knows they won't play a lot, not a £15m signing.

Sims isn’t good enough IMO. He had a good game against Wolves last season - then kind of threw his chance away. When offered on loan - couldn’t even get champo clubs interested and had to go to USA. Let him go and play somewhere and build a career for himself. 

if Boufal goes, then I guess we just replace with Tella. However if the rumours of Ollie Watkins having an £18m non-promo release clause are true (and assuming Brentford bottle the play-offs) I would like us to try and scrape that together. We can loan out Obafemi to make room. Watkins can play through the middle or wide.

2 minutes ago, saint lard said:

New contract for Bertrand and KWP signing  a permanent contract. 
SFC Twitter May have just given a clue?

I think it’s pretty obvious on that one.

padlock gif plus saying right and left back sorted.

13 minutes ago, saint lard said:

New contract for Bertrand and KWP signing  a permanent contract. 
SFC Twitter May have just given a clue?

They knew how that would be taken so must be something in it. That really would be a great way to head into the transfer window. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Assuming he gets ITK_Watch verified, signing 2x centre-backs probably means Vest is def off?

Yoshida gone.  Danso going. 

Other CB's we've been linked with:

Jean-Clair Todibo / Axel Disasi / Dael Fry / Evan N'Dicka / Omar Colley

And Malang Sarr (out of contract and available).

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11977794/southampton-keen-on-eintracht-frankfurts-evan-ndicka

Edited by beavis17

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Malang Sarr looks very interesting. Whoscored rates him highly - using his stats - at holding onto the ball, passing and intercepting. As a free agent could be an efficient use of funds as well, freeing up the transfer budget elsewhere.

Also apparently has got quite a few clubs from Italy and Germany after him, but still. 

7 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Has LeG suddenly become one to believe?

I know he's posted brief snippets in the past but didn't know him to be clued up transfer wise, thought that was just kbilly & guan. Not meant as a dig or anything.

Not suddenly, been the case for quite a while now.

5 minutes ago, beavis17 said:

Also apparently has got quite a few clubs from Italy and Germany after him, but still. 

Indeed.

Salisu, according to Whoscored, struggles with his passing and concentration. Sounds like a direct replacement for Vestergard 😂

Didn't realise we'd been linked with Sarr, he's a good player. Had some top clubs circling him over the last few years, don't think he developed as much as it was expected though - he was supposed to be a superstar a few years back.

Nowhere else to post this, but it's vaguely transfer window related...Birmingham City have retired the number 22 shirt in honour of 17 year old Jude Bellingham who has signed for Dortmund after making a whole 40-something appearances for them. What on earth.

4 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Nowhere else to post this, but it's vaguely transfer window related...Birmingham City have retired the number 22 shirt in honour of 17 year old Jude Bellingham who has signed for Dortmund after making a whole 40-something appearances for them. What on earth.

#tinpot

6 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Saw that yesterday. Absolutely insane.

11 hours ago, Cartman said:

Would be a good signing, but I can't see it somehow. 

Believe he's a reliable penalty taker as well !

26 minutes ago, Wimborne_saint said:

Omar Colley from Sampdoria could be the second CB? Been linked in The S** in the last few days - https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/southampton-leading-race-for-sampdoria-defender-omar-colley-4334154#popup-sso

We have a healthy trading relationship with Sampdoria so could have legs this one 

5 minutes ago, LeG said:

Sorry! I had used up my 3 posts. Will have to use them carefully. With Danso returning, vesty off and yoshida OOC, that would leave us with just 2 CBs and Salisu.

Can't you edit your posts to include extra information? Or is that restricted to subscribers only?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Be interesting to know if we're looking at 2 x starting CBs. I'd guess no.

Maybe a younger player as backup? An 'old pro' as backup/experience in the dressing room (although I that would be a departure from our norm of course).