Everton vs Saints - Build Up

SuperSAINT

On 05/07/2020 at 23:06, S-Clarke said:

Everton away, we never win there. But this is a weird season, so who knows.

Was the last time we won there when Kevin Davies scored after dribbling from (i think) just inside our half. I think it was and that seems an ETERNITY ago.

Edited by stknowle

38 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Was the last time we won there when Kevin Davies scored after dribbling from (i think) just inside our half. I think it was and that seems an ETERNITY ago.

We did win there on pens in the league cup a couple of seasons ago, if that counts?

Wonder if we're faring better because of our overall fitness.  Would be great to have the same starting line-up if they can manage it.  

Don't think we've been using anywhere near the amount of subs we're allowed.   Perhaps tomorrow it might be wise to put on some fresh legs during the second half...don't want to break anybody.  

We haven’t won 3 games in a row in the League since the tail end of the Koeman season 6th place finish. (Although we were close this season in December...) What a place to go to to try and break that streak. I’d love a win but a draw to keep Everton in passing distance wouldn’t be a bad result.

I hope Adams goes on a scoring run now, but he needs to keep his place to do that, so would be interesting to see if Ralph keeps with in him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Who would you rather beat Everton or Man U? My hatred for Everton is hard wired as I've hated them for so long, Man U aren't far behind but I would love to beat Everton tonight. The games are coming around so quickly it's going to be a challenge.

Can I be greedy and want both?

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Who would you rather beat Everton or Man U? My hatred for Everton is hard wired as I've hated them for so long, Man U aren't far behind but I would love to beat Everton tonight. The games are coming around so quickly it's going to be a challenge.

Man Utd every time, just because of the disappointment it would cause plastic fans all around the country and the world.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Everton. One of my most disliked teams in the league as it is, but especially because they are just above us.

I grew hating Manchester United, moreso than any club apart from Portsmouth, but in recent years I've softened to them a bit. I think seeing City (& Chelsea) buy success and obviously having Liverpool up there too makes me think I'd find a Man Utd team at the top a lot more comforting than I ever thought possible.

3 minutes ago, mrfahaji said:

Everton. One of my most disliked teams in the league as it is, but especially because they are just above us.

I grew hating Manchester United, moreso than any club apart from Portsmouth, but in recent years I've softened to them a bit. I think seeing City (& Chelsea) buy success and obviously having Liverpool up there too makes me think I'd find a Man Utd team at the top a lot more comforting than I ever thought possible.

My thoughts almost exactly, the Man U team and management are not obnoxious like Fergie's lot, Merseyside are the new pet hates--Pompey apart but they scarcely count these days

23 minutes ago, bender said:

Anyone know if we're wearing our new outfit tonight ?

I don't recall us ever wearing the following season's kit at the end of the current season before? Doesn't seem like the kinda thing we do, but we live in strange times

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

I don't recall us ever wearing the following season's kit at the end of the current season before? Doesn't seem like the kinda thing we do, but we live in strange times

Nor me... why are we always so behind on kits lol

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

I’m sure we did for the last game at the Dell.

23 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’m sure we did for the last game at the Dell.

yeah - we did, the Arsenal 3-2.

Think other clubs have only done it, because their shirt sponsors or kit manufacturers have a deal until June 30th, so have to have a new one, thats why Bournemouth are using new kits anyway.

2 hours ago, trousers said:

The 2001 - 2003 kit was worn on the last day of the 00-01 season (last game at the Dell v Arsenal) and the 2003 - 2005 kit was worn on the last day of the 2002-2003 season 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Everton, who along with spurs are among the most detestable clubs going (cranked up by the Adrian Heath moment in 1984, and then the Koeman episode (and all the 'dug out' bollocks that came out of it).

Utd aren't far behind (and of course the other scousers), but beating them would be nicer when we have supporters present to witness it and see the disappointment of the daytrippers at Old Trafford .

26 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

I wasn't born when Adrian Heath scored that last minute goal to knock us out of the FA cup semi in 1984.

Do we hate him solely for that?

I wasn’t born either but it gets on my tits everyone going on about it every time we play Everton. It was a cup semi-final 36 years ago but I reckon if he’d done a drive by shooting at a primary school it’d be talked about less.

• Haha 2

Would keep the same team as per City if I were in charge.

Macca, Bertrand, Bednarek, Stephens and KWP seem to be our best and most solid back 5 (only taken 33 games to figure this out, but better late than never!)

Personally, I wouldn't play PEH again, I'd give the minutes to Smallbone and Jankewitz who could flourish. Giving them playing time when there's no real pressure can only benefit them.

Heart says we keep Che up top with Ings, but head says we need a Long/Obafemi running type to partner him.

3 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

I think you can download the app' (Amazon Prime) on iPads etc and it'll be shown FOC on there.

Thanks for the info.  Didn't want anyone to think they had to pay £9.99 to Now TV for the Sky coverage.   

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

I wasn’t born either but it gets on my tits everyone going on about it every time we play Everton. It was a cup semi-final 36 years ago but I reckon if he’d done a drive by shooting at a primary school it’d be talked about less.

Never mind lighthouse at least you have youth in your side! 😉

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

🙂  You won't like why we don't like Stoke then!

At around this time you used to get people posting on here "which pub are we meeting in"..

As that has gone by the board perhaps we could have "what beers have you got in the fridge?". Or where it applies  "what Burgundy domaine are you having tonight?".

I've got a few bottles of Proper Job.

An absolute nothing game in the grand scheme of things, we're safe and the season is all but over.

But, I just have an unexplainable hatred of Everton (and West Ham) and haven't wanted to win a game this much in a long time.

11 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

At around this time you used to get people posting on here "which pub are we meeting in"..

As that has gone by the board perhaps we could have "what beers have you got in the fridge?". Or where it applies  "what Burgundy domaine are you having tonight?".

I've got a few bottles of Proper Job.

A substantial range of my local award-winning brewery, Salopian, who have offered a great click and collect and delivery service through lockdown.

I have a choice of Oracle (champion beer last year), Shropshire Gold, Hop Twister, Lemon Dream, Paper Planes, Atmospherics, Darwin's Origin, Keepsake. That's without checking the backup supply in the shed 

And if we win, may finish last night's Châteauneuf du Pape.

Although at home, will have our usual matchday Zoom group swearing at each other. 🙄😉😀

Edited by Shroppie

Anything by Brewdog, or any of those hoppy, tinned IPA beers you find in the shops these days.  

Happen to have some Speckled Hen in for tonight though.  The first mouthful is a bit strong and sweet, after that it's very pleasant.