Bmuff v Saints build up

Toadhall Saint

Playing Devil's advocate!

Bournemouth vs Saints is a derby game

- A derby game by definition is a game between two local teams 

- Bournemouth & Southampton are two local teams (due to the lack of other large settlements in the region) 

- It is not the main derby for Saints, that is obviously vs Portsmouth as we all know

- It is a bigger deal for Bournemouth than Saints, but a lesser derby is still a derby

child devil GIF

I'd give them the points frankly.

They are a local team and I don't wish them ill (just don't want them doing better than us in a major way). If they win it increases the chance of west ham or watford going down. Two teams that I'd far rather see relegated. Or Villa ofc.

Last game of the season is villa vs west ham, and I've got 2 close mates that follow those two teams respectively... Several of us will be revelling in the banter we can give if both villa and west ham are at risk of relegation on the final day.

So, purely for my merriment, lets lose to Bournemouth? :hunt:

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

They are a local team and I don't wish them ill (just don't want them doing better than us in a major way). If they win it increases the chance of west ham or watford going down. Two teams that I'd far rather see relegated. Or Villa ofc.

Last game of the season is villa vs west ham, and I've got 2 close mates that follow those two teams respectively... Several of us will be revelling in the banter we can give if both villa and west ham are at risk of relegation on the final day.

As much as it would be hilarious for West Ham to go down... I would rather Saints had as much prize money as possible to improve themselves in the summer. Circa £2m per place means a big difference between 11th and 14th. Could get a 'new Stuart Armstrong' for that!

Edited by Matthew Le God

3 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

That is just so wrong.

8 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

You're not really a football fan are you?

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Playing Devil's advocate!

Bournemouth vs Saints is a derby game

- A derby game by definition is a game between two local teams 

- Bournemouth & Southampton are two local teams (due to the lack of other large settlements in the region) 

- It is not the main derby for Saints, that is obviously vs Portsmouth as we all know

- It is a bigger deal for Bournemouth than Saints, but a lesser derby is still a derby

child devil GIF

max von sydow priest GIF

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

Can you imagine the outpouring of bile from the Dildo Brothers, and all their fans, if we field a - let's say - inexperienced team against Bournemouth and lose, only for West Ham to ultimately go down instead ?

Edited by Badger

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Can you imagine the outpouring of bile from the Dildo Brothers, and all their fans, if we field a - let's say - inexperienced team against Bournemouth and lose, only for West Ham to ultimately go down instead ?

Yeah right. Would be amazing :lol:

Until a couple of games ago, they have looked dreadful.  Admittedly Leicester were architects of their own downfall in that game but B'mouth did enough to get a draw against Man City, so they won't be the pushovers that they were a few games ago.

Luckily we have Stephens and Bertrand completely rested, Romeu and KWP only played 45 mins on Thursday and Armstrong only came on late.  I'd expect them all to come back in and Long to start too.  Will it be too much for Ings, Redmond, JWP and Bednarek to play another full 90?

4 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Until a couple of games ago, they have looked dreadful.  Admittedly Leicester were architects of their own downfall in that game but B'mouth did enough to get a draw against Man City, so they won't be the pushovers that they were a few games ago.

Luckily we have Stephens and Bertrand completely rested, Romeu and KWP only played 45 mins on Thursday and Armstrong only came on late.  I'd expect them all to come back in and Long to start too.  Will it be too much for Ings, Redmond, JWP and Bednarek to play another full 90?

JWP isn't human, so I assume he will start. He'd probably start again if the game was tonight.

I've seen a couple of hints on here that our players are - how can I put it - definitely not inclined to go easy on them. 😂 Hopefully that's true.  A draw is no good for them, they really need to come at us which should play right into our hands. I'd settle for 1-5 before our lads take their foot off the gas and start taking the piss.

37 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I've seen a couple of hints on here that our players are - how can I put it - definitely not inclined to go easy on them. 😂 Hopefully that's true.  A draw is no good for them, they really need to come at us which should play right into our hands. I'd settle for 1-5 before our lads take their foot off the gas and start taking the piss.

That's the spirit, Mr Grace, they don't like it up 'em 😆!

5 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Weirdo. 

Relegate them, it was fun at first, but their fans decided to be massive pricks, calling us scammers, and trying to drum up some hatred, so let’s get revenge for “Oh when The Saints, Go Marching Down” earlier this season and that tweet from their fan who claimed we weren’t even a threat to their status anymore.

5 hours ago, Saint86 said:

I agree with your sentiment. I also want them to stay up because of the hilarity of having three South coast clubs in the PL with none of them being Pompey.

However, it's not our fault if Boscombe couldn't get their act together for the 36 other fixtures.

We've already donated them 3 points and they probably need to do the double over us to have a sniff of staying up. And then they will probably conspire to mess up against Everton.

If they drop points against us this weekend, too bad. It's been fun.

1 hour ago, cloggy saint said:

On the contrary, I think this shows he is a football fan, and at the risk of infuriating the established members here, I agree with him. 

What, wanting your team to lose? Very odd.

34 minutes ago, Nolan said:

heard today that this one may be personal for the Saints players after Bournemouths O.T.T. celebrations at St Mary's.

If thats true. I wouldnt  expect a weakened team.

I assume this was celebrations from their players rather than their fans?

34 minutes ago, Nolan said:

heard today that this one may be personal for the Saints players after Bournemouths O.T.T. celebrations at St Mary's.

If thats true. I wouldnt  expect a weakened team.

I have heard something very similar. We're well up for it.

48 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Can’t say I’m particularly bothered whether they go down or not but to actively want saints to lose, so they can stay up, is just plain weird.

This. No matter what my feelings for any other team, I'd never ever want Saints to lose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

This. No matter what my feelings for any other team, I'd never ever want Saints to lose.

Even if we had nothing to play for and it meant Pompey were relegated? That would be the only time I could even conceive of entertaining the idea.

39 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Bournemouth coming out and trying to beat us might be ideal. I have much more faith in our back 4 compared to earlier in the season. 

Yes if Jack partners Bednarek, NO if Vedtergaard is anywhere on the pitch

This is a double cup final for Bompey. They should want it more but hopefully that plays into our hands tactically. I don’t hate them, but agree that after their antics at St Mary’s it would be nice to put a nail in their PL coffin.

33 minutes ago, saint97 said:

lets send em down - same xi as United away. 

Ings brace, 2-0. 

We can't send them down. Even if we smashed them, they could still stay up if they beat Everton on the final day and Watford lose their last 2 games to Man City and Arsenal (which is quite likely you would think). I think I'd rather be in Bournemouth's shoes than Watfords to be honest, even if they were to lose to us tomorrow!