Bmuff v Saints build up

Toadhall Saint

18 hours ago, Nolan said:

heard today that this one may be personal for the Saints players after Bournemouths O.T.T. celebrations at St Mary's.

If thats true. I wouldnt  expect a weakened team.

I have a feeling this was a large part of Ralph's decision to make so many changes for the Brighton match; so that we could field a full strength team on Sunday with quite a few being fresh.

Really don't understand any Saints fan who wants us to lose at all. Bournemouth have already taken three points off of us this season. It's not our fault they are where they are in the table at this stage.

I was really disappointed Watford lost last night, was hoping for a draw. Still think Bournemouth will come at us and play for the win - which would really play into our hands.

Hoping to beat them by at least 3, but wouldn't be surprised by a draw. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nolan said:

heard today that this one may be personal for the Saints players after Bournemouths O.T.T. celebrations at St Mary's.

If thats true. I wouldnt  expect a weakened team.

Interesting comments from Ralph too -

"Every player has his own story for why we want to win against this club,” Hasenhuttl said.

1 hour ago, fanimal said:

South Today on Friday night said good luck to the Cherries I think the sports guys may be a bit biased

To be fair it's a massive game for them, and virtually nothing riding on it for us. So fairly natural that they would be saying good luck to them really.

Comical the praise Bournemouth are receiving by some in media on the back of half a game against Leicester with 10 men and a decent showing against a second string City yet still lost.

They should be so much more up for it than us so defeat wouldn’t surprise me, but neither would us battering playing relaxed football with them bottling it. 

Edited by whelk
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

"Think Adams is first choice partner for Ings now. Thought he caused a lot of problems for Brighton when he came on and would have scored but for a couple of great blocks by them."

You're kidding right?  He was utter dig sh**e when he came on.  He can't pass, can't shoot and looks hopelessly out of his depth.

40 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

1 hour ago, adriansfc said:

It'll be full strength. 2 games left over 7 days, why wouldn't it be.

Think Adams is first choice partner for Ings now. Thought he caused a lot of problems for Brighton when he came on and would have scored but for a couple of great blocks by them.

Romeu instead of Hojbjerg with JWP. After the Brighton game I'd happily not see Hojbjerg play for us again. Plenty of other players can come in and pass to the opposition without having such a high opinion of themselves. 

Hope we're up to it as Bournemouth certainly will be, they were excellent at City and the 2 games before that. They'll probably stay up as Watford aren't getting another point. 

If we beat them soundly then they probably won't stay up.

4 hours ago, gammon cheeks said:

I hope we send them down !.....    If it was the other way round Eddie Howe would love to send us down with that smirky grin on his face .

He tried but failed last season, thanks to Tadic! In fairness they did also help us by beating Swansea near the end of that season, in a match that was meaningless to them.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

If Bournemouth beat Everton, Watford lose to Arsenal & Man City and Villa mess up vs West Ham & Arsenal. Cherries are safe.

So just the five results needing to go their way then. Which is basically what I said.

26 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

He tried but failed last season, thanks to Tadic! In fairness they did also help us by beating Swansea near the end of that season, in a match that was meaningless to them.

Tbh Swansea were hopeless for the last few months of the season

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Exactly. If we beat them it’s not impossible for them to stay up but things have to go pretty bloody well for it to happen.

what, Watford (who’ve been absolutely awful since the restart) lose against arsenal & city... very likely. 

villa not beating West Ham or arsenal with a GD of + 3, again, very likely. 

I’d love for Bournemouth to go down, especially after the way they acted at our place back in October.. but I think they way they’ve been playing last couple of games they’ll stay up easily. I can see them winning both games. 

it was be very typical saints, to bottle it tomorrow.. seen it many times before. 2-1 Bournemouth for me. 

11 minutes ago, SKD said:

what, Watford (who’ve been absolutely awful since the restart) lose against arsenal & city... very likely. 

villa not beating West Ham or arsenal with a GD of + 3, again, very likely. 

I’d love for Bournemouth to go down, especially after the way they acted at our place back in October.. but I think they way they’ve been playing last couple of games they’ll stay up easily. I can see them winning both games. 

it was be very typical saints, to bottle it tomorrow.. seen it many times before. 2-1 Bournemouth for me. 

If you think they'll stay up easily, you're utterly deluded. They have an outside chance, but only if they beat Saints.

6 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

If you think they'll stay up easily, you're utterly deluded. They have an outside chance, but only if they beat Saints.

I suppose easily is the wrong word, as they’ll be going into the final game needed to better Watford’s result regardless, but think they’ll pick up 2 wins in the next 2 games, at the very least 4 points. Everton have been absolutely dreadful. 

watford won’t win another game and their GD will take a hammering in the process. 

7 minutes ago, SKD said:

I suppose easily is the wrong word, as they’ll be going into the final game needed to better Watford’s result regardless, but think they’ll pick up 2 wins in the next 2 games, at the very least 4 points. Everton have been absolutely dreadful. 

watford won’t win another game and their GD will take a hammering in the process. 

Bournemouth have had just one win (against 10 men who gave the game away) 2 draws and 5 defeats since lockdown. They lost their last game. Why do you think they're suddenly going to win two on the bounce?

Edited by Shroppie

2 hours ago, SKD said:

Not sure why you are so confident Bournemouth will get a result against us given our excellent recent form and away record throughout the season? Bournemouth have played better in their last few games but if we play the way we can there’s every reason to think we will win this game. The question mark would be our level of motivation compared to them but we have certainly looked pretty motivated since the restart so not too worried on that score. 1-3.

10 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Bournemouth have had just one win (against 10 men who gave the game away) 2 draws and 5 defeats since lockdown. They lost their last game. Why do you think they're suddenly going to win two on the bounce?

Bournemouth can stay up by winning just one game either against Saints (which I don't think will happen) or away against an Everton side who have been on the beach since the restart.

Watford have also been bad since the restart and have Manchester City at Home and Arsenal away. It is not unlikely that they will lose both ans ship a few goals in at the same time.

Aston Villa have Arsenal at Home and West Ham away. Its not unliky that they will only win one of those games.

I think Watford are the team going down and the team to join them will be either Aston Villa or Bournemouth and that coud come down to goal difference where all 3 are on 34 points.

As it stands Watford 34 points - 23,  Bournemouth 31 points - 25 and Aston Villa 31 points - 27.  It very close, probably the cloesest its been for a number of seasons.

How many times over the years have Sainst put a run togther in the last few games to avaoid the drop.

23 minutes ago, IFHP said:

Bournemouth can stay up by winning just one game either against Saints (which I don't think will happen) or away against an Everton side who have been on the beach since the restart.

Watford have also been bad since the restart and have Manchester City at Home and Arsenal away. It is not unlikely that they will lose both ans ship a few goals in at the same time.

Aston Villa have Arsenal at Home and West Ham away. Its not unliky that they will only win one of those games.

I think Watford are the team going down and the team to join them will be either Aston Villa or Bournemouth and that coud come down to goal difference where all 3 are on 34 points.

As it stands Watford 34 points - 23,  Bournemouth 31 points - 25 and Aston Villa 31 points - 27.  It very close, probably the cloesest its been for a number of seasons.

How many times over the years have Sainst put a run togther in the last few games to avaoid the drop.

I agree that Everton haven't been good since the restart, but W2 D3 L2 isn't exactly on the beach. And we've got one of the best records since the restart and they held us to a draw.

If anyone thinks Bournemouth are likely to stay up (or will even stay up “easily”), they are about 1/4 to go down with most bookies, so you can about quadruple your money by backing them to stay up.

I’m surprised to see that they are also narrow favourites to beat Saints today. The 2/1 available on a Saints win is quite attractive, I’d have thought.

36 minutes ago, hasper57saint said:

We will beat the Bucket Rattlers. It won’t matter by how many but ‘revenge is sweet’ after their OTT celebrations last October. I won’t even bid them farewell. Just piss off!

I think and hope you're right, but I expect them to throw a lot at us. Watford losing on Friday and having Man C and Arsenal left has given them a glimmer of hope. Bournemouth have to hope that Watford pick up nothing from those two games whilst they win one, and they'll see us at home as a better chance than Everton away. If that happens, it could come down to GD or even goals scored. Villa can also come into the equation, and Arsenal have a big influence on things, playing both Watford and Villa. Will they be keeping their powder dry for the FA Cup now they're in the final?

Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

I think and hope you're right, but I expect them to throw a lot at us. Watford losing on Friday and having Man C and Arsenal left has given them a glimmer of hope. Bournemouth have to hope that Watford pick up nothing from those two games whilst they win one, and they'll see us at home as a better chance than Everton away. If that happens, it could come down to GD or even goals scored. Villa can also come into the equation, and Arsenal have a big influence on things, playing both Watford and Villa. Will they be keeping their powder dry for the FA Cup now they're in the final?

Interesting.

Just like Utd did at Old Trafford. Utd are a better side and we handled that

15 minutes ago, waylander said:

Just like Utd did at Old Trafford. Utd are a better side and we handled that

True, and against City. We are clearly the better team and should win but, as we've shown in the past, when the chips are down teams can come up with desperate relegation saving performances.

I'm expecting an early blitz but assuming we weather this and hopefully get ahead, they will fade  I think we've got a point to prove after losing at home and hopefully there is no way we'll callapse like Leicester.

43 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

If anyone thinks Bournemouth are likely to stay up (or will even stay up “easily”), they are about 1/4 to go down with most bookies, so you can about quadruple your money by backing them to stay up.

I’m surprised to see that they are also narrow favourites to beat Saints today. The 2/1 available on a Saints win is quite attractive, I’d have thought.

I put £10 on them to stay up at 3/1 on Friday. They wont "easily" stay up - who ever stays up out of Watford, Bournemouth or Aston Villa will not have Easily stayed up.

Bouremouth have a good chance , arguably a better chance then Watfrod going by both teams remaing fixtures. 

Edited by IFHP

I’m happy for the bottom three to stay as it is, especially now that it is highly/near on improbable that West Ham can take that 3rd relegation spot.

On the basis that football can throw up some funny results around this time of year, I’m going to predict an entertaining 2-2 draw.

I think they’ll take the lead but we’ll score two before a late Bournemouth equaliser (purely because by that point Howe will throw the kitchen sink at it)

Living down here the past 25 years, I want them to go down. I never used to get stick, most of them respectful of Saints. Redknapp & promotion changed all that, now it’s scummers this & scummers that. Will feel sorry for one or 2 but most of their support have 2 teams.

The decent lads I know have this thing about Shane Long, convinced he’ll always score against them. Don’t know if this is backed up with facts, but without Ake he could unsettle their back 4 with Ings to capitalise. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

40 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

So many people's feelings hurt because Bournemouth dared to celebrate winning at our place, what did you expect them to do?

Has anyone really said that, someone said that the players are up for it because of they way they celebrated, they are different things.

37 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I can't believe some of the embarrassing comments here, I want Southampton to win every game

If you don't, you're not a true Saints fan. End of.

As has been rightly pointed out, a defeat which fucks over the Skates is perfectly acceptable to want. So, not quite EVERY game.