Ibrahima Diallo - Official: Signs for Al Duhail

TWar

Seems close enough to get his own thread. Lequipe (https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-ibrahima-diallo-se-rapproche-de-southampton/1178673) saying we are close to a deal and he is keen to join and a local paper saying a fee is agreed (https://www.letelegramme.fr/football/accord-entre-le-stade-brestois-et-southampton-pour-diallo-02-10-2020-12629716.php).

Seems like could be a great signing from what I have heard.

Good age, not much to go on in the stats department but we need a CM so we can only hope he's a hidden gem rather than a cheap panic buy. His attributes (as oppose to his match statistics) seem decent and he's been linked to Leicester and Arsenal which is a positive. He's a Monaco youngster so has decent pedigree. I hope he's better than the last signing we got from there though! If more than 50% of Saintsweb posters are happy with it, then I'm happy with it. 😀

Just another AM and we look OK strengthwise.

Edited by SNSUN

Hope we get this one over the line - sounds like just what we need and seems to fit Ralph’s style. Sangare was a back up for this guy I reckon. Sessegnon on loan now as well hopefully next. Hoedt looks like he is finally on his way and Gunn needs to move out on loan as Herman Munster won’t shift. Still light in the forwards department but have to hope our three stay fit.

28 minutes ago, SonicBoom said:

Did any ITK'ers predict this...? 

Nope because the so called ITK Really are not and never have been,The only facts to believe are the official announcementS by the club.Christ if you take on board the bilge that some self indulgent so called fans dribble on about with fabricated  statements and have the fucking deluded vision they are supporters? finally when they are throwing insults at each other via this media can they just take their spat to face book or Twitter so the masses don't have to suffer the bitching match.

3 minutes ago, Saint-Armstrong said:

Sky are the kid in class who just copies everyone else's homework. Sitting there, waiting for journalists to report information and then trying to change the words a bit.

Yeah with Jim White making everything sound like a major story thats just been passed to him and him alone ! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint-Armstrong said:

Sky are the kid in class who just copies everyone else's homework. Sitting there, waiting for journalists to report information and then trying to change the words a bit.

Interesting comment from the guy who loves Alex Crook. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, saintroyt said:

Nope because the so called ITK Really are not and never have been,The only facts to believe are the official announcementS by the club.Christ if you take on board the bilge that some self indulgent so called fans dribble on about with fabricated  statements and have the fucking deluded vision they are supporters? finally when they are throwing insults at each other via this media can they just take their spat to face book or Twitter so the masses don't have to suffer the bitching match.

Top post,however it does give me the same empty feeling that I felt when I found out Father Christmas didn't exist.

A classic Saints signing.

• Young.
  • Never heard of him before now.
  • Strangely low number of appearances last season (suspect record)
  • About the right sort of price (£10-15m) 
  • Referred to as the next insert name
  • Might come good. Might be a total flop.
  • Usual podcast interview.

Still, at least we didn't splash out £23m on an relatively unproven youth player from Liverpool.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

• Young.

Still, at least we didn't splash out £23m on an relatively unproven youth player from Liverpool.

He made 21 apps, was injured in January for a couple of months, then made his comeback in the last game before the season was cancelled. Not bad for a young player in half a season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

• Young.

You missed out * Was always our first choice

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Yeah with Jim White making everything sound like a major story thats just been passed to him and him alone ! 

What a twonker that man is - he talks in 'major headline' tone all day long.  Bloody embarrassing for a broadcaster.....

Sacre Bleu!

Stade Brestois and English club Southampton have reached an agreement for the transfer of midfielder Ibrahima Diallo, who will commit to four seasons with Saints. 
The future of Ibrahima Diallo (21 years) will be well played in the Premier League. For several days, the midfielder of the Stade Brestois has been the priority of Southampton, who have agreed with the club, according to our information. The amount of the transfer would be fifteen million euros with a percentage of the capital gain in favor of the Stade Brestois. As a reminder, Brest must also pay a share of its own capital gain (20%) to AS Monaco, who had sold him the international midfielder Espoirs in 2019.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint-Armstrong said:

It's definitely true that I used to spend time reading football content online, spotting information and aggregating it when I was a teenage lad. Don't think I ever claimed otherwise.

The key difference, of course, being that one was a kid on the internet with too much free time and the other is a massive corporation that takes tonnes of money for its sports coverage and has all the resources and ability to do so much better.

Pretty sure most people would agree that the output is increasingly dire. Crap pundits, crap reporting - not even any attempts to give credit and lots of race-to-the-bottom content.

Did they not give you a job or something? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LaptopSaint said:

Really interesting 20 minute podcast all about Diallo right here: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/the-players-podcast-8-ibrahima-diallo-brest/

Don't want to tempt fate, but sounds vv promising.

Thanks, really interesting - and really niche?! 😅

Sounds like we might've found ourselves a potential gem with some scope to be improved. The right profile of player for us and Ralph.

I know we all moan but I genuinely do have more faith that Ralph wouldn’t let us sign any old shit like we have in the past. Djenepo, Adams, KWP and Salisu are his only signings so far right? Personally i’m a big fan of the first three (appreciate jury is still out for some) and Salisu comes with a lot of optimism. I don’t see us signing a Hoedt or Carrillo under Ralph, more likely we would prefer not to sign anyone at all. Thus I do get quite excited when we have new arrivals under him, but i’m sure i’m setting myself up for disappointment now!

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ibrahima Diallo - Official: Signs for Al Duhail
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic