Ibrahima Diallo - Official: Signs for Al Duhail

TWar

3 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

It's the likelihood of getting assists based on their general play.

For all that Diallo will give the ball away less, he'll make us a more defensive team and we may find it harder to build attacks.

Expect people on here to complain that he only does short sideways passes

we desperately need a player that can kill counter attacks like Morgan used to do. We need better protection for our average centre backs. I'm hoping he can do that, which will allow us to be a little more adventurous going forward. It will be up to others to create more. We don't have enough creatively in the squad IMO. We score a lot of goals based on hard running from the liks of Armstrong, winning the ball back cheaply and Ings shooting quickly thereafter. When we have the ball a lot, we need a bit more craft and skill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I assume he's here in Southampton, having/had his medical and contract talks and we're just waiting for the weather to clear up a bit so the photos look nice?

We'll hear about it late tomorrow I'd have thought, if that includes any other additions that's anyone's guess.

Time is still tight for others though, imo.

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We'll hear about it late tomorrow I'd have thought, if that includes any other additions that's anyone's guess.

Time is still tight for others though, imo.

yeah i thought that. Probably about two minutes before the end of the window just to keep us on our toes 

7 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I assume he's here in Southampton, having/had his medical and contract talks and we're just waiting for the weather to clear up a bit so the photos look nice?

He'll be off to join up with the French U21 side today or tomorrow, so hopefully this is all sorted.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ibrahima Diallo - Signs (from die pferde’s mouth)
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Romeu has comprehensively out-performed Ward-Prowse this season so don't just assume that it is Romeu's place at risk. 

1) He hasn't 

2) They don't play the same role

3) Hard to see the captain being dropped any time soon, let alone only 4 league games into a season

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

1) He hasn't 

2) They don't play the same role

3) Hard to see the captain being dropped any time soon, let alone only 4 league games into a season

As much as I realise disagreeing with you is a very dodgy thing to do . I think JWP could do with a bit of time out of the action . He has played 90mins in nearly all ,if not all of our games for a long time and now he doesn't even get the international break to replenish his batteries . So one game away or even on the bench could be to everyone's advantage.

5 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

My sources saying it took a while because the scouts wanted to get a good look at Brest to really get a feel of it, see if it was a goer.

I was fearing Leicester or Everton would nip in to sign him.

• Haha 1

Don;t see either of them as droppable at the moment, really. But there's so many permutations - niggles falling short of injuries, yellow/red cards (either leading to supensions or a need to take Romeu off to stop him getting a 2nd), moving JWP to RM (or even to RB if there's a problem with KWP) etc etc

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ibrahima Diallo - Official: Signs for Al Duhail
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic