FA Cup 1/4 Final @ Bournemouth

Killers Knee

This is our 35th major cup quarter-final, including the European one, and it's one of the rare occasions we've drawn the lowest ranked team left. Let's hope we can capitalize on it because we're probably the only team in the country that has been in that many quarter-finals and only won 1 cup.

With Fraser Clean Sheet Forster in goal and Salisu in front of him, we're going to very hard to score against.

• Like 1

• Killers Knee changed the title to FA Cup 1/4 Final @ Bournemouth
43 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

This is our 35th major cup quarter-final, including the European one, and it's one of the rare occasions we've drawn the lowest ranked team left. Let's hope we can capitalize on it because we're probably the only team in the country that has been in that many quarter-finals and only won 1 cup.

With Fraser Clean Sheet Forster in goal and Salisu in front of him, we're going to very hard to score against.

In 76 we were also drawn away in the quarters to a team beginning with "B". 

2 minutes ago, saintquin said:

In 76 we were also drawn away in the quarters to a team beginning with "B". 

Also the lowest ranking team left in the draw.

Assuming we've given on Barnsley of course.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

Will there definitely be no VAR for this game - i.e. does it only get used in the FA Cup for home games at PL clubs?. Just wondering if Bournemouth might still have all the VAR equipment in situ and whether it could be dusted off for the game?

Edited by trousers

It is a great draw, would have been brilliant 2000 of us going over there, whole end behind the goal. 

Hope Ralph isn't complacent, game will be just before a two week international break so no need to rest players. We currently don't have a fixture midweek beforehand, Bournemouth are due to play Swansea in a big game for their promotion hopes. Gives us a good chance.  Ive seen us slip up so many times before. Ralph will love to lead us out at Wembley, make it happen Saints. 

38 minutes ago, trousers said:

Will there definitely be no VAR for this game - i.e. does it only get used in the FA Cup for home games at PL clubs?. Just wondering if Bournemouth might still have all the VAR equipment in situ and whether it could be dusted off for the game?

VAR was only used in games where a PL side was at home for rounds 3,4 & 5 but for the quarters every game will use it I believe.

46 minutes ago, trousers said:

There isn't 'VAR equipment' apart from a pitch side monitor, it is a ref watching images from TV cameras miles away from the stadium.

Edited by Matthew Le God

56 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

There isn't 'VAR equipment' apart from a pitch side monitor, it is a ref watching images from TV cameras miles away from the stadium.

This might be a daft question in that case, but if all VAR requires is for someone to pop down to Rumblelows for a TV monitor, why haven't they use VAR at non-PL grounds, like Barnsley tonight? Genuinely curious 

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, trousers said:

This might be a daft question in that case, but if all VAR requires is for someone to pop down to Rumblelows for a TV monitor, why haven't they use VAR at non-PL grounds, like Barnsley tonight? Genuinely curious 

I would imagine Rumbelows ceasing to trade in 1995 would be a problem.

• Like 1

We should have enough to win this quarter final but Bournemouth will be well up for it. Ralph will know that and will not take it lightly so I would hope our extra class should be the telling factor. We'll need to start on the front foot to set the tempo and, if we do, I expect us to secure the win for a semi-final spot.

11 hours ago, trousers said:

The monitor is the last stage of the process. You’d need multiple cameras from multiple angles with multiple camera operators. Plus all the data feeds that go with them.

2 hours ago, RedWillie said:

Looking at one B'mth forum, they are highly confident of beating us. Best draw possible,  etc.. i know  they only have a few fans but they certainly fancy their chances. They don't really like us much, faux rivalry i guess. 

To be fair, having just seen us lose 9-0 and fail to beat 9 men, I think anyone would fancy their chances. 

that being said, now we have players returning I suspect our form will pick up again. 

Bournemouth are pretty poor though, absolutely nothing about them worries me to be honest (the fact they have Long starting for them says a lot). The only thing in their favour is it’s potentially the biggest game of their history. 

Anything other than a comfortable win will be disappointing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedWillie said:

Looking at one B'mth forum, they are highly confident of beating us. Best draw possible,  etc.. i know  they only have a few fans but they certainly fancy their chances. They don't really like us much, faux rivalry i guess. 

They have more than one? Can you post a link please. Thx

3 hours ago, RedWillie said:

To be fair they totally outclassed Burnley so that would have raised their expectations. Problem is it was Burnley's reserves who are shite. Can't see us having any problems there, even with a few injuries.

Just hope fans are allowed back by the 17th April, would be great if my first live football in over a year is Saints at Wembley.

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

To be fair they totally outclassed Burnley so that would have raised their expectations. Problem is it was Burnley's reserves who are shite. Can't see us having any problems there, even with a few injuries.

Just hope fans are allowed back by the 17th April, would be great if my first live football in over a year is Saints at Wembley.

Much as i  would love to be there,   I doubt  very much that any fans will be allowed anywhere near a stadium anytime soon and unfortunately I think April will be  way too early.  

6 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

Everything there sounds unlikely

* getting to the final

* beating Utd

* scoring a late goal

* final appearance by Ings?

* Jankewitz being at Wembley?

Beat Everton 1-0 in the semi final with a goal late into extra time

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Following a hugely lucky bounce of the ball around the penalty spot. Think it hit a pile of sand or something as legend goes! Smallest player on the pitch, KWP to head home the winner!

Ideally from a free kick that was given against them near the corner flag that should never have been given.