Saints 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

If our greatest praise of Redmond is "he stood up in the box" do you really not see what the problem is? 

If you did watch the half and couldn't see what he contributed, maybe find something else to do for the second half 

Just now, egg said:

If you did watch the half and couldn't see what he contributed, maybe find something else to do for the second half 

I watched closely and saw 14 examples of him wasting it in decent situations compared to one good pass (followed by one terrible shot) and one good block off the ball which literally any player with physical mass could have done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, egg said:

Yes this. Some people just need to get a grip. Redmond has played well again and was unlucky not to score 1st half. Hoping he can get one in the second half :)

• Like 1

I’m gonna change the topic here and say how great is Armstrong.

He’s on 11 PL goals for us, for perspective, Steven Davis managed 12 goals for us too and he played almost 120 games more than Stu

Edited by nta786
  • Like 2

Good half, remember it is a team game.  I get Redmond annoys people, I'm shouting at the TV as well, however he is pulling their defence all over the place. 

Personally I think Romeu is struggling a little. That is more of an issue than Redmond fluffing a few shots. Possibly an early sub required.

• Like 1

Just now, nta786 said:

He’s on 12 PL goals for us, for perspective, Steven Davis managed 12 goals for us too and he played almost 120 games more than Stu

Armstrong is great. His running with the ball is under estimated, he has quite a surprising acceleration when he puffs his chest out and gets going. He's excellent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

He’s on 11 PL goals for us, for perspective, Steven Davis managed 12 goals for us too and he played almost 120 games more than Stu

Absolutely superb example of what an attacking midfielder should be doing for us 

8 minutes ago, sydney_saint said:

Good half that, although a bit worried that we tend to flag in second halfs whilst Wolves usually get stronger as the game goes on. JWP and Romeu utterly magnificant and also it's been great to see Armstrong back in form. He did dip around the time he got COVID. No idea whether that is coincidence or had an impact, but he is definitely back now. Redmond is well...Redmond. He does 1 thing in 5 right. Some will focus on that 1, and others will focus on the 4. I posted this in the Newcastle game but gonna share it again. Here are some stats as of last week. 

Redmond- 11,515 EPL minutes for us- 19 goals, 12 assists

Armstrong-4,627 EPL minutes for us-11 goals, 7 assists

Shane Long- 9,339 EPL minutes for us - 27 goals, 20 assists

Tadic- 9, 617 EPL minutes- 21 goals, 30 assists

Djenepo - 1, 735' EPL minutes-3 goals, 2 assists

Che Adams - 2, 827' - EPL minutes - 8 goals, 7 assists.

Boufal - 3, 072'  EPL minutes - 3 goals 2 assists

No player has been given as many chances over the last five years as Redmond which such a mediocre return. His game hasn't developed. He still plays like an enthusiastic nipper on his debut. 

That Shane Long has got great stats, we should get him on the pitch. 

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Unbelievable that one of England’s greatest ever strikers, who has been on TV for years, gets to analyse one of his former teams. Baffling. 

Yes because he's the only person who could do that.

I'm not bothered but it's strange that you mention Carny but not the omnipresent Shearer.

Just now, trousers said:

Trying to get his hand out of the way? 

Yeah you're right, with the replay that's a totally natural movement trying to block. Crazy that's given compared to some of the ones we've been denied this season.

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic