Saints 1-2 Brighton - Match Thread

Jonnyboy

1 minute ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Team selection, tactics, demeanour after a thrashing, take your pick but be careful with the insults please. 

No insult it that,I just cant understand some fans inability to recognize the good play we produced during the game against a side that beat virtually everyone easily.

Was Fulham's defeat classed the same as they lost by 3 clear goals too.

We scored 2 goals and should have had at least 1 more,do we not deserve any respect from our own fans?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

No insult it that,I just cant understand some fans inability to recognize the good play we produced during the game against a side that beat virtually everyone easily.

Was Fulham's defeat classed the same as they lost by 3 clear goals too.

We scored 2 goals and should have had at least 1 more,do we not deserve any respect from our own fans?

Exactly correct.

On 11/03/2021 at 00:05, nta786 said:

Forster

KWP Bednarek Vestergaard Bertrand

Armstrong JWP Diallo Minamino

Adams Tella

I think the team picks itself. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t win. 

I think it was obvious what the team selection was going to be this week^^^

Southampton starting XI: Forster; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Diallo, Ward-Prowse (c); Armstrong, Minamino; Tella, Adams. Subs: McCarthy, Salisu, Stephens, Ramsay, Ferry, Watts, Djenepo, Redmond, Nlundulu.

• Like 3

That 11 kind of picks it's self again, only place really up for grabs is that 2nd striker and left winger birth. But you can't argue with the 11 he's gone with really.

No square pegs, players in natural areas of the pitch. More balanced width down the left and the right side.

We will miss Ings, no doubt, but I can see Tella playing on the shoulder today - Minamino dropping back and playing balls through the middle/down the sides. Could be a way to exploit, as they don't have a particularly quick defence.

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

To think, we also have Ings, Walcott and Romeu out too!

Encouraging at face value but Diallo and Minimano replicate Walcott and Romeu. Ings is a loss, even off form he occupies defenders. Hurry back Danny.

Want a quiet injury free win or draw, no drama please.

16 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

2nd game he's been quiet, hope he's alright 

Sorry guys, too early for me today. 

We changed the keeper again so I probably would’ve missed that anyway! 

• Haha 2

We're going to batter them.

I've got a feeling this is going to be a much needed absolute battering.

4-1 saints.

Great to see Forster wasn't actually completely dropped.

Probably the strongest possible side we could have put out and to be honest, that isn't a terrible looking bench either, I mean, we've seen worse this season.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints v Brighton - Match Thread
Just now, Heisenberg said:

Close from Brighton, they’ve started well

anyone take a point if offered now?

A point would be decent, not so long ago I'd be saying we should be beating Brighton, how far we've fallen 

• Haha 1

When are the haters going to come out and say we’ve turned into Allardyce with all these long balls now 😂😂😂

I think it has potential to work- if we harry the defenders as they try to control it we can win the ball up in their half. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Brighton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic