Saints 1-2 Brighton - Match Thread

Jonnyboy

Just now, egg said:

I'm fed up with the whingeing and excuses from fans.

Players need to do their jobs. 

I'm not making excuses. The defending was crap and we should have done much better. 

But, at the risk of repeating myself, the ball was not in the quadrant and the goal should not stand. 

Nothing wrong with that one from Adams though. Another cracking volley. Get in son. 

What a bunch of hysterical t**ts blaming Forster! Bertrand was disgusting for the goal: never jumped and turned away from the ball and gave Dunk a free header that Forster really had no chance of saving, especially as the ball bounced right in front of him and was traveling like a rocket.

Right now, Hassenhuttl's "cleverness" in midweek is looking really dumb.  Saints have been garbage (again) in this first half.

And having said that, Brighton defend awfully and Che on his streak!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, washsaint said:

What a bunch of hysterical t**ts blaming Forster! Bertrand was disgusting for the goal: never jumped and turned away from the ball and gave Dunk a free header that Forster really had no chance of saving, especially as the ball bounced right in front of him and was traveling like a rocket.

Right now, Hassenhuttl's "cleverness" in midweek is looking really dumb.  Saints have been garbage (again) in this first half.

And having said that, Brighton defend awfully and Che on his streak!

Travelling like a rocket 🤣

3 minutes ago, jimmer42 said:

Yes.....everyone's blaming Forster because they want to. If there's anything to blame its the defending

not sure everyone is blaming him, they (includig myself) are pointing out that when it comes to saves when the ball is not in his arc, he ain't good. He is big, but slow.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Remember Che is a useless league one player according to some 😜

If that was on his other foot he would have finished like a league one player. Thankfully it wasn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonnyboy said:

Lol, what's this Ketchup thing? 

Ralph said he hoped Che's goal at Sheffield was like banging on a glass ketchup bottle - hit it for ages and as soon as a bit comes out, lots soon follows.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonnyboy said:

So we never mention opposition player mistakes in here? 

no idea what point you are trying to make. Mine is that when you concede you focus on what your defenders did and when you score, what your attackers, not what you opponent does. 

it was great header. Doesn't mean we could do better.

2 minutes ago, Jonnyboy said:

Lol, what's this Ketchup thing? 

Asked what Adams has to do to add consistency to his goalscoring, the Saints boss said: “Work on his finish, work on his final decision, make all the chances he has.

“He has a lot in the past. Always, in every game he gets the opportunity to score.

“There he must be, in some moments, more clinical. This is easy to say. A striker always likes to be clinical and makes a goal from every chance.

“He had again long run when he didn't score but maybe we have the ketchup bottle phenomenon. So a long time – nothing - then everything comes. I take it yeah!”

• Like 1

Just now, obelisk said:

Bednarek gives away a lot of free kicks. One day that defensive high line will be breached.

Bednarek isn't always supported by the others though he has his own faults, we are our own worst enemy at times defensively! 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Brighton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic