Southampton 0-1 Leicester - Match Thread

Matthew Le God

Our reliance on teams giving the ball away in their own third and then Ings shooting on sight doesnt seem to be working.  At least we haven't over exposed ourselves too often by pressing forward. 

Well we've got to HT without conceding. That's better than I was expecting but we've ridden our luck a bit.

As usual, the only player having a good game in an attacking sense is Armstrong. Djenepo anonymous, Redmond reverted to type and Ings getting no decent service so far.

Happy at half time to keep it even.

But we've given them far too many chances through mistakes - sooner or later we'll be punished.

Diallo always seems to get caught in two minds about what to do. Generally we play lots of short passes that are just given away due to a lack of players continuing to run with and support each other. It's all a bit individual efforts and a lack of team cohesion. As usual lately.

Edited by BotleySaint

0-0

Diallo has been fucking atrocious.

Good job Harvey Barnes isn't playing he'd be ripping Bednarek apart down that left hand side.

This won't be popular, but I'd try and find some way to get Walcott on the pitch.

That being said, I'd have taken getting in at 0-0 at halftime before the game.

'Big game' Redmond having yet another massive game.... 

We've certainly played worse than this this season. But it won't be anywhere near enough to win today without a big step up. Right now Leicester look like they will eventually score over a stupid mistake (Redmond and diallo I'm looking at you) and that will be that. Time to bring on Che. Those Leicester defenders are totally dominating our forwards

But overall okay PROVIDING we step up second half

Edited by sydney_saint

Just now, BotleySaint said:

Happy at half time.

But we've given them far too many chances through mistakes - sooner or later we'll be punished.

Diallo always seems to get caught in two minds about what to do. Generally we play lots of short passes that are just given away due to a lack of players continuing to run with and support each other. It's all a bit individual efforts and a lack of team cohesion. As usual lately.

I agree we've been sloppy at times but they've only had 3 shots on goal themselves, it's not like our goal was being peppered from all angles.

We should buy a striker than can hold it up this summer. What happened to that lad that used to play for Birmingham, Adams I think his name his?! Is he still available? 

Fucking clown of a head coach. 

Edited by RedArmy

2 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

A very dull performance so far. No attacking threat whatsoever. We are so keen to pass the ball backwards, its frustrating. 

we pass it backwards because there isn't any other choice. Unless of course hit and hope is what we are after?

If Jankewitz cant get a shot in this game when might he get another go? Diallo or Redmond or Djenepo could quite easilly be replaced atm,but Ralph wont let him loose,this guys suposed to be mustard yes? its tense but we need to be braver its there for the history making COYS.

Just now, CB Fry said:

Our first option seems to be to go backwards or find Fraser. Pretty pathetic performance. We're fortunate that Leicester not exactly on fire. 

They'll be saying they're pretty fortunate we're not on fire, so on balance not a bad position to be going into the second half with. All about the result here. I have a feeling a header from a set piece will decide this.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 0-1 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic