Southampton 1-1 Leicester - Match Thread

fanimal

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

They review everything of this magnitude, whether it comes up in the TV broadcast or not. They’ve clearly looked at that, decided he went studs in on Vardy’s ankle and decided not to overturn it.

They are now saying that it was a Denial of an Goal Scoring opportunity.

What the f**k?

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

They review everything of this magnitude, whether it comes up in the TV broadcast or not. They’ve clearly looked at that, decided he went studs in on Vardy’s ankle and decided not to overturn it.

Apparently it was denial of a goal scoring opportunity. It wasn’t even a foul. he won the ball. I am getting to the stage where football isn’t worth watching or following any more.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It was piss poor from Vestergaard, you're right about that. 

Being piss poor isn't reason to send someone off though. Felt like the ref wanted to punish the mistake. 

Commentators now saying it was for "denying a goal scoring opportunity." 

He got the ball! Ffs

2 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Best player so far taken off?

Ralph loves shattering the confidence of the youngsters doesn't he?

Sooner he fucks off the better 

No No No. you misunderstand. This is a dummy. We're going to trick Leicester into thinking we aren't playing counter attacking football - all by taking off our fastest player and most creative winger for a CB.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t think whether he won the ball is the issue, it’s whether the follow through was out of control. 

The fact he won the ball so cleanly says it wasn't out of control, what's he supposed to do just not make a tackle and let Vardy run through with it?

Just now, Granite_City_Saint said:

Apparently it was denial of a goal scoring opportunity. It wasn’t even a foul. he won the ball. I am getting to the stage where football isn’t worth watching or following any more.

Switch to Eastleigh. I'm tempted. 

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That's one assumption. If you're right, there's no transparency though.

If var is to stay, do it rugby style so it's clear and obvious what they think is clear and obvious. 

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t think whether he won the ball is the issue, it’s whether the follow through was out of control. 

I see tackles like that every week in the Premier league and doesn't even get given as a foul let alone a sending off. They can get away with it, its only saints. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

That's one assumption. If you're right, there's no transparency though.

If var is to stay, do it rugby style so it's clear and obvious what they think is clear and obvious. 

Presumably it was the referee’s decision and VAR didn’t want to damage the poor little sweetie’s confidence.

The only consolation is that it’s only a one game ban and not three.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

The fact he won the ball so cleanly says it wasn't out of control, what's he supposed to do just not make a tackle and let Vardy run through with it?

The exact argument was hard when Bednarek got sent off against United. Apparently answer is yes.

It’s an absolute joke decision

1 minute ago, JRM said:

"DENIAL OF A GOAL SCORING OPPORTUNITY " what by making a fucking tackle and winning the ball?! Ref is a cunt as well as these two commentators. 

Why the commentators , they’re just passing on what they’ve been told. Neither of them said they agreed with it. 

• Like 1

Remember when Jankewitz got sent off and the abuse he got as well as being ‘rash, young, naive’ etc etc

Vestegaard our more senior player commits a similar screw up and whilst it shouldn’t be a red it still came from Jannik’s initial mistake in the first place

4 minutes ago, Granite_City_Saint said:

If VAR have decided that then you’re right, it’s absolute bull sh*t and clearly not the case. I was working on the assumption that it must have been for the studs on Vardy’s ankle being deemed a dangerous challenge, which I have seen given for tackles like that.

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why the commentators , they’re just passing on what they’ve been told. Neither of them said they agreed with it. 

Because they are nodding along agreeing with the cunts, sounds like they are enjoying it rather than questioning a clearly incorrect decision. 

Alan Smith is ex Leicester,  hardly surprising 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JRM said:

Commentators couldn't be willing Leicester to score more than this , don't know why I watch this. 

I think sky are a tad biased and want to make sure 3 of the super league 6 don’t make it into the champions league because they dared to hurt sky’s pocket. 

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

Remember when Jankewitz got sent off and the abuse he got as well as being ‘rash, young, naive’ etc etc

Vestegaard our more senior player commits a similar screw up and whilst it shouldn’t be a red it still came from Jannik’s initial mistake in the first place

If you're can't understand the differences between what Jankewitz did and what Vestergaard did I'm not even going to bother explaining it.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Granite_City_Saint said:

You ain’t the only one pal. 

1 minute ago, supersonic said:

Are you related to Ralph? Because the way you constantly defend him you must be....

What have I defended? How come you dont read properly, and just make shit up to fit your view. 

I really couldnt give a fuck what you think, best you carry on masturbating.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-1 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic