Southampton 1-1 Leicester - Match Thread

fanimal

Positive that we haven't collapsed so far, given previous 10 men collapses.

Still find decision to take Tella off rather than the anonymous loanee odd.

Amazed the refs have made a fool of themselves by arguing tackling the ball is illegal rather than just going with dangerous angle if they were so desperate to aid Leicester./

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Makes you wonder what we'd have done with eleven also makes you wonder what went through vesterguards head? What was he thinking 

He was thinking "oops, bad touch, best win the ball. Oh that's good, I won the ball."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

And why would we be one of those teams? 

The only complaint I have is that they use clubs like us to break in inexperienced referees. That’s the issue here, not bias. He’s just a inexperienced  ref who made a mistake. 

Isn't that what VAR is supposed to correct ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

This. All VAR has done is given them a 2nd (and even more opaque) chance to ensure the required EPL Narrative/Script plays out.

The narrative that Leicester benefit against the big teams? I thought it was the big teams they were protecting?

15 minutes ago, macca155 said:

I think on this situation, experience is needed. Only a slight edge mind.

I've been best man at a Muslim wedding, my mate text me saying that's staged for the cameras , no way he couldn't wait another 15 mins for a snack. Someone at the Premier league has just completed a diversity and inclusion course. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

KWP and Salisu looking quality. Bullshit red card. It is a yellow for a dodgy challenge but he got the ball so it shouldn't be denial of a goal scoring op.

How is it even a dodgy challenge? It's not even a foul, play on. 

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Positive that we haven't collapsed so far, given previous 10 men collapses.

Still find decision to take Tella off rather than the anonymous loanee odd.

Amazed the refs have made a fool of themselves by arguing tackling the ball is illegal rather than just going with dangerous angle if they were so desperate to aid Leicester./

You say that about Tella/Minamino, but I'd argue the latter would have buried the early change Tella fluffed.

Just now, Whitey Grandad said:

Vardy makes two complete rolls after being touched. He really should be more careful, he might have done some serious damage to his ankle.

Vardy is a prick of the highest order and always has been but the commentators love him

• Like 3

Just now, The Cat said:

How is it even a dodgy challenge? It's not even a foul, play on. 

Caught high on the ankle with the follow through. Not a red for dangerous foul play, the challenge got the ball so not denial of a chance, the chance was gone by the time the follow through happened.

Just now, ButtikonSaint said:

Harsh sending off... A brave draw to boost the team's self confidence, would be a decent outcome... COYR

It wouldn't just be decent it would be a minor miracle... Would feel like a win😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Redknapp and Bent calling it exactly as it is. I can't watch football any more if it's going to go on like this. May as well just ban tackling altogether.

Agree it's getting beyond a joke 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JRM said:

I've been best man at a Muslim wedding, my mate text me saying that's staged for the cameras , no way he couldn't wait another 15 mins for a snack. Someone at the Premier league has just completed a diversity and inclusion course. 

I liked the way Martin Tyler explained the rules of ramadan like no one knows about it. Can't wait for the Christmas games where he starts waffling on about the birth of Jesus.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Cat said:

I liked the way Martin Tyler explained the rules of ramadan like no one knows about it. Can't wait for the Christmas games where he starts waffling on about the birth of Jesus.

Wonder if they’ll pause the game so all the Christian players can have a leg of turkey and glass fo Sherry 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

Caught high on the ankle with the follow through. Not a red for dangerous foul play, the challenge got the ball so not denial of a chance, the chance was gone by the time the follow through happened.

What's he supposed to do kick the ball and then yank his leg back just in case there's a player nearby?

It's not a foul at all. It's a perfectly good tackle. 

Just now, obelisk said:

Vest makes a poor decision and recovers. Ref makes an even worse decision and makes no effort to recover whatsoever. Game as a spectacle ruined.

I can take an atrocious ref decision. What i can't take is having a waste of space VAR system in place. Just get rid of it if its not going to have the balls to even dare ask the ref to look at hs decision.

7 minutes ago, JRM said:

Hold on I was talking about Redmond staying on and Tella being subbed.

21 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Interesting that Martin Tyler called Armstrong ‘a real Scot’ after previously mentioning Che Adams’ Scotland appearances.
Expect it to be ignored (and probably rightly given no malice was meant), however, given the social media blackout and attention Sky have given to taking the knee, would a similar comment have been acceptable if made against someone like John Barnes not being a proper Englishman?

I heard that and I agree with you, it was of course not said with malice, but had it been the other way around.....

9 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Redknapp and Bent calling it exactly as it is. I can't watch football any more if it's going to go on like this. May as well just ban tackling altogether.

Karen Carney on the beeb website still bleating on that it's a nasty challenge, and definite red.

Edited by Suhari
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Deserved red, correctly given for a bad foul.

It is like on here always get some twat who wants to support to prove they know more than they average fan.

Although she’s got better tits than most on here I suspect

Edited by whelk

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-1 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic