Saints 0-2 Leeds - Match Thread

Minsk

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

How is that not worth a booking?  Deliberate, cynical foul to stop him breaking. 

It's a yellow all day long! 

Yet another bizarre refereeing decision. (Yes, I know I've probably triggered the Lord D bias radar now...)

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Djenepo has to be one of the least protected players in the league. Ridiculous that wasn’t a card

The refs have already sussed he’s one of the most prolific ‘exaggerators’ of injury in the league.

It’s probably why there wasn’t a card to be honest. It was a card, he wasn’t hurt. 
Anyway, very bright start, Tella looking lively and confident, Armstrong playing well. Theo hasn’t suddenly grown a football brain.

Been a very good and enjoyable 30 minutes. We’ll do well to keep this intensity up for the full 90 though. 

The 2 wide men in Djenepo and Theo been ineffective (unsurprisingly, I guess).  

For all our good play, without ings, we’re very toothless. 

Edited by SKD

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Been a very good and enjoyable 30 minutes. We’ll do well to keep this intensity up for the full 90 though. 

The 2 wide men in Djenepo and Theo been ineffective (unsurprisingly, I guess).  

For all our good play, without ings, we’re very toothless. 

I think that's one of Ralph's biggest challenges. To get the 2 that sit behind the front 2 playing well and threatening the other team on a consistent basis.

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

I think that's one of Ralph's biggest challenges. To get the 2 that sit behind the front 2 playing well and threatening the other team on a consistent basis.

Yep, we play a very narrow system. The full backs seem to take up the wide space (well down the right anyway) and Che takes up the space in the traditional 10. 

Decent half. Neat and tidy everywhere. Good shift from Walcott, but we don't look threatening from out wide. Not sure why Ings has been benched, hard to see that it's a footballing decision unless he's carrying a knock. 

24 minutes ago, HKsaint said:

Second time Stephens ran up and lost the ball 

Yeah, it's odd.  He's very good at marauding forward, makes huge gains and then gets a nose bleed and doesn't know what to do with it or tried to play a hollywood ball.  If he had a couple of sensible thoughts before taking off, his runs would be very effective.

2 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

Nice football ....little end product .   Theo hardly involved .

That's a little unfair. He's doing good work coming back to win the ball in deep, wide positions, then releasing players in the centre to carry it forward. 

He doesn't have the presence up front that you might want it expect, but he's playing an important part in our overall play IMO. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic