Saints 0-2 Leeds - Match Thread

Minsk

Just now, Saint_clark said:

No I wouldn't. But you know what, sure, it should have been a penalty and I'm sure we can all agree that's yet more evidence that Forster should be number 1 instead of this ridiculous rotation policy.

Agree. Penalty or not, bamford should have chipped him and put it in anyway. Awful goal keeping. 

Just now, trousers said:

Why aren't we seeing the VAR lines etc for that? Was extremely close, surely? They usually take minutes analysing that kinda thing 

I swear to god they've cut back on showing it. There's been a few games in other matches where they haven't, when a month ago they would have.

Draw lines there tonight, Bamford would have been off.

Where were the lines? That was clearly offside by today's standards. Also this ref has had a mare with respect to letting leeds' challenges go, not giving corners etc.

Edited by Saint86

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Why aren't we seeing the VAR lines etc for that? Was extremely close, surely? They usually take minutes analysing that kinda thing 

Yeah odd. I’m sure we were seeing them at the start of the season. 

Taking a common sense approach now fans are back (I.e trying to limit the delay in restart?) I hope so, but odd to change mid way through the season. 

They have moved away from the drawing of the lines. Typically we got royally shafted by it earlier when it was all the rage. Same with the handball rule, they fucking changed it mid-match to fuck us over!

MLG notes: tongue in cheek...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

His shoulder definitely looked beyond the final defender and we’ve been seeing those ruled out all season, rightly or wrongly.

I know we'll attract the wrath of Lord Contrary but I don't understand why we didn't see the usual 2 minute on screen forensics for that 

Edited by trousers

2 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

His shoulder definitely looked beyond the final defender and we’ve been seeing those ruled out all season, rightly or wrongly.

1 minute ago, benjii said:

Yeah, crap defending and shit from McCarthy but that looked like one where the shoulder would be a cm offside. So where were the lines?!

It's the anti-Saints agenda, innit !

4 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

Poor from the defenders and piss poor goalkeeping. 

McCarthy in being shit shock. Why didn’t he start Forster again? Oh yeah, idiotic rotation

2 minutes ago, benjii said:

Yeah, crap defending and shit from McCarthy but that looked like one where the shoulder would be a cm offside. So where were the lines?!

You thunk that's bad, you should watch the highlights of the United game later. Cavani scored despite being about 5m offside, but its United so its OK.

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It really doesn’t matter if they don’t show the lines on tv, the issue is whether the VAR used them. 

They usually say if it's been checked by VAR, I didn't hear them say it. (On Sky).

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

It really doesn’t matter if they don’t show the lines on tv, the issue is whether the VAR used them. 

Regardless of it being shown on screen or not, they've either reduced the time it usually takes them to work it out by about 400% or they didn't forensically review it

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic