Saints 0-2 Leeds - Match Thread

Minsk

59 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Well, at least we can take comfort from a decent half of football during the post-mortem of the inevitable defeat.

Well, at least we can take comfort from a decent first half of football.

• Sad 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Fuck off with this rotation of keepers bullshit, McCarthy is much worse than Forster whatever anyone says.

As mentioned before the game. Ralph’s decision is absurd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Fuck off with this rotation of keepers bullshit, McCarthy is much worse than Forster whatever anyone says.

McCarthy has been dire all season IMO 

Just now, Archers Road Stand said:

And so the curtain comes down on yet another awful home campaign. Deserved defeat. No doubt the club will still charge top dollar next season. 

I can't remember how many seasons it is now, probably ever since Koeman left, that I'm left to conclude - hope  most of these cunts aren't in a Saints shirt again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chez said:

stuffed home and away by Leeds. Fortune for it to only be two. 

Dunno what game you are watching. We were on top for most of it, one goalkeeper error and one goal deep in stoppage when we committed everyone up. Hardly a stuffing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd probably describe that performance as all talk but no action. You have to be honest and say that Leeds are just a much better team than us, it's sad that a promoted team can overtake us so quickly but that's what a lack of investment can do.

Overall we played well enough between the lines, but the difference was at the top end. Tella was lively, but a bit erratic and manic. Theo, umm. Yeah. Mousa...yeah. Adams battled well but he needs better around him.

JWP and Armstrong played well, but tired massively towards the end I felt. Vestergaard did ok, Salisu was ok.

McCarthy's performance summed up our goalkeepers really, capable of pulling off a decent save but equally capable of being an absolute moron. I know we don't have the funds to replace but we really, really, really need a top goal keeper if we are to be competitive. 

Bit of a disappointing evening really, but better quality teams will always hurt you if you are so blunt in the final third.

• Like 1

Should have been at least one up in the first half but another awful end to the game mostly brought on by stupid substitutions that ruined any shape and attacking danger the team had. Seems like the substitutions were all pre-planned. JWP and Armstrong were working well again in midfield and changing that partnership made the entire team disjointed again, just like it did at Spurs. Seems like the coaching staff never learn and don't know how to do in game management. An end to the season very much in keeping with the rest of 2021. Big changes are needed in the summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Hold on…..when I criticised this when it was announced you adamantly said you saw no problem with it and it made sense to have a good look at both the keepers as we were playing dead rubbers. 
make up your mind. 
Another piss poor showing by all concerned barring the odd exception….it’s the same shite every game almost. 
Its so predictable. 
we now have our points total for the season.
West Ham will batter us.  
what an utter failure. 

Edited by saint lard
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Both shit !

2 minutes ago, DT said:

As mentioned before the game. Ralph’s decision is absurd

Not really - both are capable of major clusterfucks, flapping at crosses, feeble dives, or in FF case just being rooted to the spot or falling like timber after the ball has already nestled in the goal.

Neither can be trusted for a long run in the side.

Get rid !!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

Dunno what game you are watching. We were on top for most of it, one goalkeeper error and one goal deep in stoppage when we committed everyone up. Hardly a stuffing.

We were not on top for most of it. We had the better of the first half, they had the better of the second half. We didn't even force their keeper into a save that second half, they actually created chances and were unlucky not to get a penalty. 

Outside of Armstrong, the attacking midfielders are not good enough for this level and we've only just gone and gave one of them a two year deal. 

Big summer needed. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I know we were chasing the game towards the end, and Stephens could easily have scored, but how on earth are we one vs four? 

And the one was one of our slowest players. Why wasn’t  KWP left to defend when we have a corner, it’s not like he’s going to do an Allison 

Yet another woeful display.  Home game, tons of the ball, fashioned the square root of nothing,  their keeper never made a save.  Gutted for the fans who went to witness that rubbish,  some of the players need to take a hard look at themselves.  Not sure what Ralph's substitutes were meant to do either.  Total dross from top to bottom. Schooled twice in a season by Leeds who easily whipped 5 past us without us having a shot in anger. Absolute crap. 

• Like 2

Infuriating game. Equally good as them for large stretches but if you are unable to seriously work the keeper and they are you are likely to lose. The early adams header was probably the closest we came and that would have needed a goalie howler to let in.

Too many times i felt we want to shift it out wide rather than go for the jugular.

Not sure i can pin much blame on Mccarthy made one exceptional save,  few decent saves. Couldn't do anything about the Tyler rebound. Bamford equal parts skill and jamminess.

At 2 nil with seconds left Saints were playing completely braindead football and actively tried to concede a third.

1 minute ago, Teddeer said:

Ralph schooled again by Bielsa and learned absolutely nothing from the game at Elland Road.

I dont think it's too much of an insult to be schooled by Biesla.

But i think the difference today was the quality their players demonstrated at the business end.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic