Other Games 21/22

whelk

17 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Getting a bit tasty at Goodison. Everton were awarded a penalty but VAR reversed it and now tempers are flaring.

Brilliant entertainment 0-0. Like a grudge match from the 1st minute. Intriguing. 

Really enjoyed it, and happy with all the results thus far. Stands us in good stead. 

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I wish Caraghar would shut up with this “Trent” pony, he’s getting right on my tits. He doesn’t call anyone else by their first name.. fucking plank. 

Do you get annoyed when commentators call Rodrigues de Paula Santos ‘Fred’?

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

West Ham conceding that equaliser means only Chelsea, City and Liverpool have a better defensive record than we do so far this season.

Considering how awful our defending was only a few months ago, that's quite remarkable.

Yeah, but whatabout "the cult"...? 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I wish Caraghar would shut up with this “Trent” pony, he’s getting right on my tits. He doesn’t call anyone else by their first name.. fucking plank. 

My mate calls him TAA which is even worse.

Do you ever refer to Hasenhüttl as Ralph?

6 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Awful defending from Trent

People clamouring for him in the England squad, but he can't defend, out of all England's right back options he is by far the worst defensively and Reece James seems to be hitting similar heights attacking wise anyway, and is much quicker, which is another issue with TAA, he's relatively slow for a full back. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

People clamouring for him in the England squad, but he can't defend, out of all England's right back options he is by far the worst defensively and Reece James seems to be hitting similar heights attacking wise anyway, and is much quicker, which is another issue with TAA, he's relatively slow for a full back. 

He's alright, just overrated by the media.

He didn't have any involvement in the third goal, I just mentioned him by first name as a nod to Ducky getting annoyed with Carragher calling him by his first name further up the thread.

20 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Why should something so trivial bother you so much? Strange.

Lots of pent up aggression. There's no place anymore in this world for a hardman on the terraces, spilling claret, causing bovva, and getting into skirmishes with the old bill...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Cat said:

My mate calls him TAA which is even worse.

Do you ever refer to Hasenhüttl as Ralph?

I can see the logic for both Trent and TAA being used. Alexander-Arnold is both long to say and long to type.

Very interesting hearing Atwells justification for not sending Cresswell off yesterday against Liverpool. 

'Not enough force to endanger the player.'

So once again it just puts these challenges back into the realms of subjectivity. If you apply that logic to JWP's red at Chelsea, its just means that either the ref is guessing, or the var operative is. The only bit of consistency is Mike Dean who always goes 100% against us!