January 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

He said feels. There doesn’t have to be a why to feelings. 
I appreciate this is an alien concept to you

He said 'implausible'... meaning 'not seeming reasonable or probable'. Reason and probability isn't merely a feeling that doesn't have a justification behind it. 

It is not unreasonable to ask why someone thinks something is implausible. This is a forum... forums are for discussion not a list of statements.

Edited by Matthew Le God

23 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

If we are really interested, let's hope Dele saw the "Dele Alli, what a wanker..." chants the crowd aimed at him at our recent home match with Spurs as just a bit of 'workplace banter'... 

I have it on good authority he took it on board and he is joining us with the sole purpose of self improvement, vis a vis, not being a wanker anymore. I have to say so far it’s working very well, I am no longer thinking of him as a wanker, but a rather fine young chap. However, if he does not sign for us he will swiftly revert to being a wanker with ridiculous hair ! I appreciate everyone isn’t as balanced and rational as me, but please, give it some thought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Dele Alli would be interesting. His form has been awful for a while now but a move could revitalise him. His £100,000 p/w salary will likely be a stumbling block though as I imagine Levy will want us to pay it in its entirety.

Edited by Disco Stu

29 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

I seriously doubt a deal like that would be possible for saints. Even a loan would be massive fees and wages. 

But from his point of view we'd be ideal. He'll probably end up somewhere bigger and just not playing enough. He needs to be starting every week and rebuilding his career. He'd be an upgrade on Armstrong and Elyounoussi if he can find any of his form again but who knows.

Rewind to 2018 and people would have said exactly the same about Ings had it not been announced completely out of the blue.

Stranger things have happened.

30 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He said 'implausible'... meaning 'not seeming reasonable or probable'. Reason and probability isn't merely a feeling that doesn't have a justification behind it. 

It is not unreasonable to ask why someone thinks something is implausible. This is a forum... forums are for discussion not a list of statements.

Don't you ever get bored of it?

Is there honestly never a moment where you stop and think to yourself "Yeah maybe this poster has a point actually" and decide to do something more productive with your time?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

2 bad seasons, only 25 and some saying they wouldn’t take Dele Alli, but shit like Walcott was welcomed with open arms… 🤣🤣

Walcott is a consumate professional and deserves better than this from 'fans'

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Don't you ever get bored of it?

Is there honestly never a moment where you stop and think to yourself "Yeah maybe this poster has a point actually" and decide to do something more productive with your time?

How would we know his point unless we ask for it? This is a forum... forums are for discussion not a list of statements. All I did was ask a question.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I'll take that as a "no" then. 

Yes, it is a no because your suggestion was ridiculous. Are you aware all I did on a forum that is used for discussion was ask 'Why?' in order to better understand what he was saying. I did not say he was wrong to say it was implausible,  I passed no comment in that regard. I simply asked for his thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

20-1 into 2 1/2 -1 ….. Betfair know something!

Odds reflect punters reading rumours and placing bets... then the odds shorten. It doesn't mean Betfair know anything about the deal, they are reflecting the actions of punters.

It also snowballs as other people see odds shortening and place bets. Plus news outlets run stories based on shortening odds. None of that reflects the bookies knowing anything about any possible deal.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I feel this signing is implausible because I believe we have an expected chance of signing him of 10%.

Ah but how have you calculated that 10% chance eh?

Have you taken every possible variable into account and considered every last detail even down to things like wind direction off the solent and its potential to mess up his hair? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, notnowcato said:

Yes, it’s currently twice as likely not to happen than it is. If it goes 1/5 then you can start to take note of the market. 

Betting transfer odds do not reflect the liklihood of an event happening.  They reflect the amount of money placed by punters reading rumours and bookies trying to make as much money as possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

If we are really interested, let's hope Dele saw the "Dele Alli, what a wanker..." chants the crowd aimed at him at our recent home match with Spurs as just a bit of 'workplace banter'... 

Maybe he'll say he was impressed with the atmosphere at St Mary's much like Lovren said he was at Anfield.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Yes, it is a no because your suggestion was ridiculous. Are you aware all I did on a forum that is used for discussion was ask 'Why?' in order to better understand what he was saying. I did not say he was wrong to say it was implausible,  I passed no comment in that regard. I simply asked for his thoughts.

Why don’t you give an opinion for a change? What do you think?

21 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Betting transfer odds do not reflect the liklihood of an event happening.  They reflect the amount of money placed by punters reading rumours and bookies trying to make as much money as possible. 

So are you actually suggesting that if a player is 1/10 to join one club and 25/1 to join another, one is no more likely than the other?

2 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

So are you actually suggesting that if a player is 1/10 to join one club and 25/1 to join another, one is no more likely than the other?

If I were to place a £1k bet on the 25/1 team the odds would shorten. The shortening would not be due to the liklihood of the event occurring... it would be due to money placed.

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

If I were to place a £1k bet on the 25/1 team the odds would shorten. The shortening would not be due to the liklihood of the event occurring... it would be due to money placed.

You’ve not answered my question, unsurprisingly.

You’ve said odds have no reflection on the likelihood of something occurring, which is clearly not correct. 

5 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

You’ve not answered my question, unsurprisingly.

You’ve said odds have no reflection on the likelihood of something occurring, which is clearly not correct. 

I did answer the question through my example of why your question is fundamentally flawed. Plus I didn't say what you think I said. I said they are affected by money placed. Other factors also influence them, but due to money altering the odds they can't reflect liklihood as they can be distorted by a factors that has no connection to liklihood of the event occurring and thus are not a reliable source of liklihood. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I did answer the question through my example of why your question is fundamentally flawed. Plus I didn't say what you think I said. I said they are affected by money placed. Other factors also influence them, but due to money altering the odds they can't reflect liklihood as they can be distorted by a factors that has no connection to liklihood of the event occurring and thus are not a reliable source of liklihood. 

I mean you literally did. 

“Betting transfer odds do not reflect the liklihood of an event happening.”

Do you think we have a chance of signing him? If we do, what would be your thoughts on it?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

1/5 I get reported. 

Odds of you getting reported do not reflect the likelihood this event happening.  They reflect the amount of money placed by punters reading this thread and bookies trying to make as much money as possible. These odds do not reflect the likelihood of you getting reported in any way. Odds mean nothing.

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It's not like MLG to ruin yet another thread with his pedantic nonsense is it.

You have failed to append an appropriate item of punctuation to the end of your sentence - namely a question mark - thereby rendering what it seems likely was intended as a question posed with ironic intent into a mere statement which could lead the reader into thinking that you believe it is not uncommon for MLG to ruin threads with his pedantic nonsense.

658118780_LOGICface.thumb.jpg.08441453aabc297d559939511389b6c1.jpg

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I didn't. Read the rest of the post you quoted.

Why don’t you respond to the questions I’ve asked? You know, offering an opinion? Which is, as you keep reminding everyone, what a forum is about?

Forum doesn’t need a milk monitor.

• Haha 1