January 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Agree with Dman regarding the players on view in the AFCON. I have been watching the competition and the standard is truly awful. Awful pitches, awful refs and some absolutely awful footballers on show. I normally watch this competition and come away thinking this player or that player would be a good gamble on.....not this tournament.

The match that summed up how bad this tournament has been was Cameron v Comoros. How the host nation and favourites for the tournament struggled to win against a side with no goalkeeper and reduced to 10 players after only 5 minutes was quite shocking, such poor football on display.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I must admit, the media are making their transfer interest an absolute show. They don't need to, but they are.

It's probably not half as dramatic as the media are painting, but it's making it look like it's all a bit inept from Newcastles side. It feels like it's the media who are stiring it though and then having to backtrack.

I reckon this will happen, but the media have just jumped the gun and are now saving face. SSN's Bevis and Buthead transfer guys are part of the problem with their sensationalized twitter regurgitated bollocks.

SSN on the transfer show................................. "its always our understanding that.."..................... and then some phony bollock talk to click bait the fan into thinking

that your club has or is about to do something interesting...........they have......." so many sources close to us "..............

9 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

SSN on the transfer show................................. "its always our understanding that.."..................... and then some phony bollock talk to click bait the fan into thinking

that your club has or is about to do something interesting...........they have......." so many sources close to us "..............

Transfer deadline day used to be a laugh, but I can't deal with it anymore. Not sure if it's because I've got older or not, but it's just cringey hearing them cling to stuff to make stories. Gutter journalism at best.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Transfer deadline day used to be a laugh, but I can't deal with it anymore. Not sure if it's because I've got older or not, but it's just cringey hearing them cling to stuff to make stories. Gutter journalism at best.

How can you not be excited by "THE WINDOW SLAMMING SHUT" reporters live outside stadiums with half hourly updates on a loan deal being completed, Jim White in the studio telling us all how exciting it all is, it's a tremendous spectacle. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How can you not be excited by "THE WINDOW SLAMMING SHUT" reporters live outside stadiums with half hourly updates on a loan deal being completed, Jim White in the studio telling us all how exciting it all is, it's a tremendous spectacle. 

They string it on longer now though! Don't forget the 'DEAL SHEETS'! !!

My favourite deadline day moment is this -

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I enjoyed the one where they were following Peter Odemwingie in his 4x4 trying and failing to get to QPRs ground before THE WINDOW SLAMMED SHUT. IIRC they wouldnt let him in as WBA hadn't accepted a bid yet and he had to go back to the Hawthorns with his tail between his legs

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I enjoyed the one where they were following Peter Odemwingie in his 4x4 trying and failing to get to QPRs ground before THE WINDOW SLAMMED SHUT. IIRC they wouldnt let him in as WBA hadn't accepted a bid yet and he had to go back to the Hawthorns with his tail between his legs

Not encouraged by the then QPR manager to make the journey before the bid had been accepted of course, F'sure ....

1 hour ago, Roo1976 said:

They also drag it out by talking verrrrrrrry sloooooooowly so their lack of content goes so much further. And dramatic pauses for what is mostly inane guff. And….the…..thing……that…..is………interesting……is….. Nice…….might…….demand …… a fee. Wow f**king incredible

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

Agree with Dman regarding the players on view in the AFCON. I have been watching the competition and the standard is truly awful. Awful pitches, awful refs and some absolutely awful footballers on show. I normally watch this competition and come away thinking this player or that player would be a good gamble on.....not this tournament.

The match that summed up how bad this tournament has been was Cameron v Comoros. How the host nation and favourites for the tournament struggled to win against a side with no goalkeeper and reduced to 10 players after only 5 minutes was quite shocking, such poor football on display.

Sometimes you can tell. Anyone who watched Aubameyang in the 2012 competition could see he was going to the top.

6 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Sometimes you can tell. Anyone who watched Aubameyang in the 2012 competition could see he was going to the top.

In 2012, Aubameyang was playing top flight french football, so to a degree was already established in European football. 

2 hours ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

I watched a bit of Ivory Coast v Egypt, two supposed “super powers” with a fair few premier league players. Absolutely bloody awful. And to think they were moaning that the competition isn’t taken seriously in Europe  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

What about horse racing odds ? Do they reflect the chance of a horse winning a particular race ? Here is a clue: if you answer 'no,' you are wrong.

Of course they do- the bets reflect many factors, including the form of the horse, jockey, and trainer, the course and distance, and the 'going'. All factors that affect the horse's chances, and therefore reflected in the betting patterns.

As for transfer odds, people bet with the anticipation of winning. So the more money is placed, the greater the groundswell opinion amongst the punters that whatever they are backing will occur. It is only in outlier bets that the amount tendered distorts the 'book', generally a single large bet being placed where only a few smaller bets have currently been made: ( eg, after 100 bets of £10 have been made, you troll up and place £1000. If the original field had been 2000 bets of £10, your bet would not affect the odds as much, but the event would be more likely to happen, in the eyes of the punters ).

Anyone who bets expecting to win is deluding themselves with very few exceptions. Betting is simply an over advertised scam with the purpose of transferring money from the financially illiterate to large companies with no morals. Odds are set predominantly to maximise the winnings of the betting company and reflecting betting patterns rather than true likelihood. If the betting population is well informed, the odds might be a closer approximation of actuality. However, if someone is regularly betting, they can hardly be described as well informed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I watched a bit of Ivory Coast v Egypt, two supposed “super powers” with a fair few premier league players. Absolutely bloody awful. And to think they were moaning that the competition isn’t taken seriously in Europe  

Yep. Disrupting major leagues in the middle of the season for that nonsense is ridiculous. Play it by all means, but off season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

That was the pinnacle of deadline day 😂, its been mostly tragic since then, especially in January. Them two chancers on SSN (Kaveh and Dharmesh) and their bullshit sources just making stories up. The expert pundits they rely on is scraping the barrel too

• Like 1

Seems like Man Utd are trying to fleece Newcastle for Lingaard, they want £12 million if Newcastle stay up and something over £15 million in total, for a guy they are not playing and has 6 months on his contract. 

LOL, hope all clubs are taking this sort of stance with Newcastle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Seems like Man Utd are trying to fleece Newcastle for Lingaard, they want £12 million if Newcastle stay up and something over £15 million in total, for a guy they are not playing and has 6 months on his contract. 

LOL, hope all clubs are taking this sort of stance with Newcastle. 

He will probably end up there.

19 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

The euros was dire quality too. Just endless penalty shoot outs between exhausted sides badly managed with no coherence. Won by a team that people temporarily raved about despite it looking likely to miss out on 2 consecutive world cups due to being very average.

There may be plenty more quality there in Europe, but it isn't leading to decent international football anymore. Their tournament has just as much right to respect. It's entertaining anyway and anyone can win.

Entitled to respect, yes, but it's a tournament that doesn't respect domestic leagues or the clubs that employ a huge number of the players in the tournament. 

Interestingly, Sam Johnstone wasn't involved for West Brom tonight and there's no reason as to why. He's not suspended or injured.

West Brom fans have noticed that he's now removed all references to them from his social media pages. Looks like he's on his way somewhere.

From a supposed ITK West Brom Fan

Granted I dont post often but only when I hear things from inside the club.

Heard from my good source (usually right) that Johnstone iant signing a deal and is currently more or less refusing to play as not to get injured.

Pre- Agreemt in place with another club, yet to hear which one though.

Club would rather sell now for cash, and free up the money for wages of a loan striker.

Edited by S-Clarke

16 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Interestingly, Sam Johnstone wasn't involved for West Brom tonight and there's no reason as to why. He's not suspended or injured.

West Brom fans have noticed that he's now removed all references to them from his social media pages. Looks like he's on his way somewhere.

Hopefully not us, we need to be aiming for better.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Newcastle's strategic transfer plan to bid for anyone who has ever played football continues...

image.png.e3edc14c1b83f4f135459ad7c95438fa.png

This one has got Eddie’s nephew, Andy Howe, written all over it. Obviously looking to make a big impression since moving from Bournemouth.

Expect a bid for New Milton’s right winger in the next few days

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Sam Johnstone: West Brom and England goalkeeper left out over 'internal issue' - BBC Sport

1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I am sure there are other options, but joining us and battling with McCarthy for the number 1 slot, assuming he has the contract The Athletic suggest, does seem to be a move that makes a lot of sense. Is there another Prem club that can offer him a similar chance to be first choice? Most have pretty secure first choices. That said, maybe he could earn a lot more simply being a number 2 at one of the big clubs.

13 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Put me in the “underwhelmed” category if that turns out to be us.

Plenty of better keepers out there.

• Like 1

I think Sam Johnstone is a good keeper and a big upgrade on what we have. If we can get him in for pennies and spend more money on the rest of the squad I wouldn't complain.

Ofcourse would prefer Henderson but that seems pretty unlikely at the moment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, waylander said:

Names?

I guess for me, someone like Dean Henderson is a level above. It may be fanciful, not sure...but could be gettable. 

Couple of keepers we've looked at in Italy are highly regarded. 

I don't think Johnstone is a bad keeper and is probably a little bit better than what we have...but still on the average side for me. We'll see what happens.

Wonder if Armando can put us in a good word for Strakosha at Lazio.  Few others in the Italian league that are pretty highly rated, no idea whether they'd be available or not. Audero (Sampdoria), Dragowski (Fiorentina), Cragno (Cagliari).

Always seem to have a bunch of decent keepers in that league.

3 minutes ago, Ldnsaint said:

Another Chelsea youngster 😂

I think its a brilliant tactic targeting bright prospects from the big clubs who wont get game time. The Tino and Broja situation has only made moving to us even more attractive for these youngsters too. Its what Dortmund have done for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Two Tinos at one club, what are the chances.

He's another of their really highly rated young players for what it's worth. First team ready, not a Simeu type. Attacking/number 10 type I believe.

He is! Top prospect.

#ChelseaKlaxon

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Out of contract in the summer too, so he's probably available for a very small fee - couple of mill tops.

Much more!

From Chelsea OS - In the summer of 2019 Anjorin agreed a new five-year contract with Chelsea following his senior breakthrough under Frank Lampard 

Edited by SuperSAINT

11 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Much more!

From Chelsea OS - In the summer of 2019 Anjorin agreed a new five-year contract with Chelsea following his senior breakthrough under Frank Lampard 

Ah ok, fair enough. Transfermkt still says 2022 so obviously not been updated yet!

Certainly a very highly rated target though, I remember in the summer when we got Livramento, Chelsea were saying on one of their forums ''I hope they don't come after the other Tino, he's one of our best'