Man City 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

Pilchards

Decent for 15 minutes and there are definitely chances here but we've been quite fortunate not to concede. 

Since Stephens went off we've been playing a weird 5221 with Romeu at sweeper and Elyounoussi in central midfield. I sincerely hope we do not continue with this in the second half.

Elyounoussi really shouldn't be playing. Simply not at this level.

Redmond gets one on one and plays a shit cross. Surprise!

Armstrong is a good runner but looks like he lacks a bit of touch.

Go back to the 4222 and bring Tella on for Elyounoussi.

Broja is the one who would cause City problems. Crying out for his introduction. Saints have done well although City do look jaded and have plenty on the bench to call on. Redmond again wastes every good position he finds himself in - so frustrating. All in all, pleasantly surprised but a long way to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Roll up roll up place your bets, what will it be?

a) Saints come out half asleep and City score with first attack of the 2nd half

b) City go up a gear and hit us for 5 in the second

c) we hold on until 90+6 and lose 1-0 with the last kick

So negative, Ottawa! 😀

by all accounts we have had a pretty good first half. 

i know, I know… our second halfs are a horrorshow. 

Doing much better than I expected, especially after seeing the lineup! A couple of players predictably terrible. JWP and Romeu immense in the midfield. JWP in particular is a one man press. 

I know to get 0-0 at halftime at the Etihad is a good achievement and not to be sniffed at. But I kinda feel disappointed we didn't put them under a bit more pressure. It's not like they are playing well and we are putting a backs to the wall heavy shift in. City have been pretty poor, and it kinda feels that they only need to step it up a little bit and it is game over. They have Mahrez, Foden, KDB, Torres all on the bench. One of them is bound to play well. 

Just now, Chapel End said:

Amazing isnt it

I know we all have the same idea of where the second half may go, but at least praise the team whilst they've got it right.

Would like to see Broja on for Che in the second half. Maybe Perraud on for Redmond with KWP switching to the right and Livra doubling up on Grealish.

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

I know we all have the same idea of where the second half may go, but at least praise the team whilst they've got it right.

Would like to see Broja on for Che in the second half. Maybe Perraud on for Redmond with KWP switching to the right and Livra doubling up on Grealish.

Yep maybe but Tella for Moi for me

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Good shout, Tino is finding it tough against Grealish which is not surprising.

6 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

You wouldn't think we'd just played a good half away at City reading this forum. 

Would be different if games were 45 minutes long. 

We’re doing well, the chances we had were wasted by the players most of us said shouldn’t be picked.

Long way to go still.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man City 0-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic