Man City 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

Pilchards

2 hours ago, Gingeletiss said:

Now convinced, he does not know what he is doing.

2 hours ago, Saint-Reece said:

Dropping Salisu for Bednarek and Redmond keeping his place is nuts! 

2 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

How could have have watched Moi and Redmond last week and thought, “yep, we’ll played, they’re going to keep their place”.

Why drop our best CB? Is he injured?

2 hours ago, DarrenLeTiss said:

So we’ve dropped Salisu who has been arguably our best player , not played Broja who looked quality, stuck with Redmond who was utter gash, and we’re playing a right back at left back again.  Ralph you’re not helping yourself man.

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Clueless Ralph out

2 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Great idea dropping you best looking centre back last week when you toddle off to the hardest match of the season.

Still I’m sure the non effective Moi and Redmond from last week will be equally non effective.

I do wonder what the fuck Ralph thinks he’s doing sometimes….

2 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Perraud and Salisu were great in the last game. Redmond and Moi awful. Broja came on and was excellent.

So he drops 2 of the best players, picks the 2 worst and ignores Broja for Adams.

WTF is his thinking here? 

That stupid fucking waistcoat too.

Clueless.

2 hours ago, benjii said:

Mental team selection as usual.

2 hours ago, adriansfc said:

Horrible line up again. That is an atrocious CB pairing and keeper for city away, especially with two wingers who won’t defend much. 

as for redmond, what can you say at this stage. Rewarding poor performance and a poor attitude. I just want his time with saints over ASAP. 

6-0 city. 

Absolute bunch of idiots.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Yep need to wait to see how it pans out before overreacting

So from now on, no match threads! ? Just reaction threads to the result?

We played well but you and the others can crow all you like but Redmond wasted many opportunities so you don’t know for sure that with a better player in there we could have won. 

Im happy with a point but think that we’d have won with Djenepo on and Broja from the start. But again, we’ll never know.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 2

Well fuck me, maybe Ralph does know what he's doing. No doubt though, the same people will spend the hour before kick-off slating him for his team selection ahead of the Wolves match.

Well played Saints. Each and everyone of them gave their all. Really hard to pick a MoM, a toss up between Romeu, Tino, KWP and Bednarek. Even Moi and Redders gave very good performances (even though the latter should have done better when through on goal). And a great save from Macca before their (rightly) disallowed goal. 0-0 draw an excellent result up their, and should have been a win but for the cheating twat Moss is!

• Like 2

Back to back clean sheets against WH and City isn't to be sniffed at.

Away at the Etihad is the toughest test for any team, and we passed that test with flying colours.

I'm very happy with a point from a game where we all expected we would get thrashed, but I'm just aghast at that shitshow from Moss. Whether he's a cheat or just a coward, I don't know, but he needs to be removed from reffing games for a while.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

2 clean sheets in a row for McCarthy, today's included an absolute worldy to keep out the first header before the offside follow up.

But yeah, clueless Ralph should have picked Forster.

A certain someone will be along to say it was a routine save that any keeper would be expected to make.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

From BBC: 

Cod: VAR: created to remove controversy in football matches however has only succeeded in creating x1000 more controversy. Quite impressive.

It was never brought in to remove controversy. It was brought in to remove the clear and obvious howlers, the absolute injustices which are obviously wrong. There will always be debatable decisions but hopefully now less of the Henry vs Ireland incidents.

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

I see Saints fans all saying conspiracy- I didn’t think it was a pen.

Well there always has to be one, I suppose. Watch Walkers hip. Then watch how it smashes into Armstrong without going anywhere near the ball. The only angle that makes it look even SLIGHTLY not a foul was the one Moss was shown. And even that showed it was a clear f*cking foul. Can you imagine if that was Bednarek on Sterling? 😂... :shakey:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wild-saint said:

i would imagine most city fans think the same but they are also completely wrong as well

It’s is quite amusing watching everyone acting like toddlers and so much agreement. Yeah Jon Moss was paid off right?

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Back to back clean sheets against WH and City isn't to be sniffed at.

Away at the Etihad is the toughest test for any team, and we passed that test with flying colours.

I'm very happy with a point from a game where we all expected we would get thrashed, but I'm just aghast at that shitshow from Moss. Whether he's a cheat or just a coward, I don't know, but he needs to be removed from reffing games for a while.

Why did VAR cjicken out and put it back to moss to decide, when he had already given it as a penalty.  Appalling decision

• Like 2

Just now, Snopper said:

Perhaps  we can now accept that Ralph knows more than we do and knows what he`s doing - time to support the team and stop the pointless moaning about individuals.

Ralph and the lads were absolutely phenomenal today. Absolutely class. Play like that we're going to have a superb season. So proud of the lads.

• Like 3

Dragging up old posts to mock views made without the benefit of hindsight is a little sad. Football is about opinions and who is ever right 100% (besides Turkish)? 

For me that was a miraculous unexpected point but maybe we could have done better with a different team? We’ll never know, but I will settle for the result we got. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, niceandfriendly said:

Well there always has to be one, I suppose. Watch Walkers hip. Then watch how it smashes into Armstrong without going anywhere near the ball. The only angle that makes it look even SLIGHTLY not a foul was the one Moss was shown. And even that showed it was a clear f*cking foul. Can you imagine if that was Bednarek on Sterling? 😂... :shakey:

why did Moss give it in first place? Surely a lot easier not to, given he has been paid off?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Dragging up old posts to mock views made without the benefit of hindsight is a little sad. Football is about opinions and who is ever right 100% (besides Turkish)? 

For me that was a miraculous unexpected point but maybe we could have done better with a different team? We’ll never know, but I will settle for the result we got. 

Being a bed-wetting cry-baby without the benefit of foresight is equally sad.

• Like 1

Just now, whelk said:

why did Moss give it in first place? Surely a lot easier not to, given he has been paid off?

What are you f*cking talking about paid off? Huh? He gave it because it was a foul. Then VAR said ooooh maybe it's not a foul. He went over and saw a chance to overturn a decision against a big club and he took it. 

I thought I was the biggest fool on here at times. You've just taken that prize off me with aplomb. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

So from now on, no match threads! ? Just reaction threads to the result?

We played well but you and the others can crow all you like but Redmond wasted many opportunities so you don’t know for sure that with a better player in there we could have won. 

Im happy with a point but think that we’d have won with Djenepo on and Broja from the start. But again, we’ll never know.

Yeah...but...no....but...

3 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Exactly. Happy clippers acting like holier than thou cunts.