Man City 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

Pilchards

What do we think about Pep's sly dig at the City fanbase for not selling out the stadium for their CL opener against Leipzig earlier in the week? Hasn't gone down well with the City fans, and he's just said in his presser that he's not going to apologise for what he said (basically asking for people to show up on Saturday because they will be tired...)

5 hours ago, Saint_Jonny said:

What do we think about Pep's sly dig at the City fanbase for not selling out the stadium for their CL opener against Leipzig earlier in the week? Hasn't gone down well with the City fans, and he's just said in his presser that he's not going to apologise for what he said (basically asking for people to show up on Saturday because they will be tired...)

I can smell their chips on shoulders all the way over here. Imagine if we were in a title fight and our manager asked us to come down and make some noise, I doubt we'd get so upset amid the vertigo.

They've obviously changed since the days of filling Maine Road in League One.

20 hours ago, Saint_Jonny said:

It's poor in my opinion, I remember Man City in the 3rd division, we played them over two legs in the 2nd round of the Carling Cup,  they still were getting 25k - 30k regularly at that level. Most of them weren't bothered about expanding the ground and trying to compete with United for tourists. 

That said the lengths they are going to to fill the ground seem a bit extreme now 

20210918_100827.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DT said:

Realise it's unlikely, but you can get 19-1 for a Saints win on Betfair. Couldn't ignore those odds.

You’d probably be richer if you did ignore.

although City do have the odd shit game in them. Let’s hope it is today

• Like 2

Great idea dropping you best looking centre back last week when you toddle off to the hardest match of the season.

Still I’m sure the non effective Moi and Redmond from last week will be equally non effective.

I do wonder what the fuck Ralph thinks he’s doing sometimes….

Perraud and Salisu were great in the last game. Redmond and Moi awful. Broja came on and was excellent.

So he drops 2 of the best players, picks the 2 worst and ignores Broja for Adams.

WTF is his thinking here? 

That stupid fucking waistcoat too.

Clueless.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Dropped. Think Bednarek is seen as more solid in desperate situations. And there will be a few of those.

Yep, that was my thought. Salisu is far better with one-on-one situations like Antonio last week  but maybe not so much with City's movement. On the other hand he does have pace, so I'm a bit surprised. Redmond's presence too.

If we can draw their sting early on (famous last words..) we do at least have some pace on the bench.

Another strange line up from Ralph leaving many of us scratching our heads. Drop our best centre back. Give Redmond and Moi another crack after shockers last week and not pick Broja who was sensational in his cameo. Hope it comes off for you Ralph but if it goes badly wrong expect heavy incoming.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man City 0-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic