Chelsea 1-1 (p.4-3) Saints - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

Really frustrating, as we've played the game plan well - the counter press, the winning the ball back well enough.

But the final third is beyond inept, let's be honest. The final pass is either the wrong pass or misplaced, or the touch of Adams or Tella is just too heavy and it gets away from them.

It's like a little lower league team against a bigger side, we're huffing and puffing and giving a good account but we don't have anywhere near the right level of quality to hurt them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Adam Armstrong looks totally lost. 
what a waste of 15m

Striker at new club not looking outstanding in an unfamiliar formation, a heavily rotated side against a side of Chelsea's stature? Yeah he's total sh*t. Stealing a living. Have a word will you!

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Adam Armstrong looks totally lost. 
what a waste of 15m

To be fair to him he gets nothing to work with, if he was being given good opportunities I’d be disappointed, but our play in the danger areas is frantic and haphazard in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Lyanco and Salish look good. Unfortunately Diallo is having a mare giving the ball away in midfield danger areas. A Armstrong and Adams’ look like league one contenders rather than Prem strikers - no surprise there really. Such a shame Stu Armstrong is playing so deep. Can’t see a way back TBH.

• Haha 3

Obviously gutted to have gone a goal down how and when we did.

But.. We've been quite a bit better than I was expecting. Salisu and Lyanco have both played really well. Diallo's beginning to look a really decent player; he gets stuck in, wins us some ball and makes some very good attacking passes, and not too many sideward ones. It's so good having Stu Armstrong back, I think he'll make a real difference back in the first team.

And Che Adams was playing a bit rubbish!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 1-1 (p.4-3) Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic