Chelsea 1-1 (p.4-3) Saints - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

40 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I guess it’s Valery vs Small and KWP plays the other side. Salisu and Lycano in the middle? Forster in goal, Diallo Romeu, Armstrong Tella Armstrong Adams….

Looking forward to seeing Small play; I get the feeling he could soon be putting pressure on Perraud for first choice LB.    Also hoping that Lycano can show us some quality soon so that there's an alternative to Bednarek and Stephens.

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Easier to just ignore this game

It's easier to ignore all our games.  Not sure why you (and others who seem equally unhappy) don't.  Sorry if this sounds like I'm having a pop, it's really not meant that way.  I genuinely wish our club was giving you more pleasure but it's clearly not.  

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Forster

KWP     Lyanco   Salisu    Perraud

Tella      JWP      S Arm    Djenepo

A Arm      Adams

1-1 draw and then another Saints win on pens  👊🏻

Not sure I'd risk Salisu in this one. Play Bednarek who would be much less a loss if injured.

9 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Forster

KWP     Lyanco   Salisu    Perraud

Tella      JWP      S Arm    Djenepo

A Arm      Adams

1-1 draw and then another Saints win on pens  👊🏻

JWP cannot play tonight - he's back for this Saturday vs Watford

1 hour ago, adriansfc said:

They sent my ticket to the wrong address and now I can't get through on the phone. Great stuff. Any idea what I do to get in?!

Go to the away ticket pickup office.  They can print a duplicate on the spot. The same happened to me at Everton.

3 hours ago, The Left Back said:

It's easier to ignore all our games.  Not sure why you (and others who seem equally unhappy) don't.  Sorry if this sounds like I'm having a pop, it's really not meant that way.  I genuinely wish our club was giving you more pleasure but it's clearly not.  

He deserves to have you have a pop. Worst sort of fan

Tom Leach tweeted this...

"Tonight could be interesting. Ralph will make changes + Valery has been playing as a CB in training lately, impressing Ralph."

Possibly we could see him line up on the right side of a back three?..🤔

Edited by CAH61

20 minutes ago, CAH61 said:

"Tonight could be interesting. Ralph will make changes + Valery has been playing as a CB in training lately, impressing Ralph."

So why not Livramento as an AMF?

This is a game we are unlikely to win even with our strongest team so we might as well give the fringe lads a run out and hope Chelsea tire of scoring for fun. Also, do we need to be distracted by this competition with our PL performances causing concern?

Edited by Charlie Wayman

40 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

anyone know where the 'away ticket office' is at Chelsea? I'm hoping to pick up tix there this eve...

TICKETING The ticket office is located in the Shed End (South Stand) next to the Megastore. The ticket office deals with all match ticket enquiries, including those of away supporters.

stamford-300x238.png.7e171a4c71525fde62e86b54c889d376.png

Edited by CAH61

41 minutes ago, CAH61 said:

Never would have expected that. If playing a 5 he always seemed suited to wingback to me.

So would that be?

KWP Valery CB CB Djenepo

11 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Never would have expected that. If playing a 5 he always seemed suited to wingback to me.

So would that be?

KWP Valery CB CB Djenepo

I think there will be an uproar if Valery starts ahead of Lyanco.

Edited by CAH61

3 hours ago, CAH61 said:

I really hope I do not see Valery on the teamsheet, let alone at CB. But, maybe he can just surprise us all.  I wouldn't have him in the 11 personally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

I really hope I do not see Valery on the teamsheet, let alone at CB. But, maybe he can just surprise us all.  I wouldn't have him in the 11 personally.

Agreed, probably the worst player in the premier league. 

• Like 1

A guess at the line up though it is so tough to predict in a game like this, even though Ralph often likes to go strong.

Forster

Valery

Lyanco

Salisu

KWP

Armstrong

Diallo

Walcott (nah, me either but we're paying him so we should play him in this and keep him away from the league)

Tella

Armstong

Adams

Armstrong if fit but Romeu if not - we are definitely light in CM unless Smallbone is seen as a long term option there.

41 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I've never got my head round IPTV streaming, but I know my Samsung TV includes some IPTV apps.

Can anyone please point me to an idiot's guide to finding and setting up a suitable provider?

I usually go for hesgoal or fotyval online

5 hours ago, CAH61 said:

Fuck sake just seen this, would have stayed at home if I knew Ralph was planning this sort of kamikaze nonsense , Valery at CB my word , honestly would rather play Walcott there 

Edited by JRM

image.png.eec277a056d758fc62061430ad0d864f.png

So are we playing a back 3 with KWP and Djenpo as the wingbacks?

Chelsea are not playing 3 at the back either! They are playing a 433 I think? 

Despite that being largely their 2nd XI, their front 3 CHO/Havertz/Ziyech will be dangerous against our defence

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 1-1 (p.4-3) Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic