West Ham 2-3 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

West Ham boss David Moyes has revealed that striker Michail Antonio is not featuring tonight after testing positive for Covid-19.

"He tested positive last week, about a week ago so we're getting him closer to being back, but he is not here tonight," Moyes told Sky Sports.

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Moyes just said that Antionio tested positive "about a week ago".  Assume he will be fit for Boxing day, sadly

Of course he will, Antonio won't want to miss such a good chance to top up his goals tally 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This was a wild game at the old Boleyn Ground. We needed a point to stay up and Le Tiss was at his magical best on the day.
I love it when he's lining up to take a freekick and you can hear Spammers fans singing "he's got a fucking big nose" and he plants it in the top corner!..🤣

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CAH61 said:

This was a wild game at the old Boleyn Ground. We needed a point to stay up and Le Tiss was at his magical best on the day.
I love it when he's lining up to take a freekick and you can hear Spammers fans singing "he's got a fucking big nose" and he plants it in the top corner!..🤣

Had forgotten how defensively solid we were back then…..

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CAH61 said:

I was at that game.  It really looks like a totally different era watching that.  You can imagine the utter disgust todays generation would take with the behaviour of the crowd that day 

LOLz at our defending!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I was at that game.  It really looks like a totally different era watching that.  You can imagine the utter disgust todays generation would take with the behaviour of the crowd that day 

LOLz at our defending!

I always loved how Dave Beasant cared not that a load of West Ham fans were coming onto the pitch and then had a chat with a random kid 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

LOLz at our defending!

It was a great era that , West Ham were marking the end of that terrace behind the goal , it was demolished after that season to build an all seater two tier stand so they saw it off in style. 

5 minutes ago, JRM said:

It was a great era that , West Ham were marking the end of that terrace behind the goal , it was demolished after that season to build an all seater two tier stand so they saw it off in style. 

I went as well, was horrendously pissed. The only thing I can remember is the walk to the ground and thinking it was like Eastenders.

19 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

LOLz at our defending!

I was there too. Vividly remember a very young WH supporter on the pitch sticking his fingers up at the saints fans - probably around 9 or 10 years old. Wander what he's doing these days 😁

3 hours ago, Didcot Saint said:

I was there, West Ham invaded the pitch mid way through the second half and ran the length of the pitch to confront us in the away end. That place was proper intimidating. Loads of trouble outside afterwards too.

Yes, remember it well. I was right at the front and thought my number was up!

• Haha 1

A carload of us went to that game without tickets and ended up separated in one of the side stands. No issues although we all got sussed. Guy next to me was up from Brighton.. "Good player, that Le Tissier". One friend was pointed out and abused by some little nipper, to which he replied to the effect of "be quiet, you little scrote"... I may be paraphrasing a bit. Both parents started making a fuss and the mum said "Don't you ****ing swear at my kid"! The rest of the stand, to their great credit, just looked embarrassed!

As for the pitch invasion, it was all handbags. They raced up to the end and then just started clapping as it was the end of the season. All a bit ritual really. No problems outside the ground if you didn't want them. I can smile very sweetly if I need to!

18 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Incoming 3-1 defeat. Made worse by our long wait, and the christmas traditional fixture.

Please surprise me today Saints. I'm already fed up with family and food, lets make today special!

I remember having similar pessimism on Boxing Day 2 years ago when we were going away to Chelsea. 

Didn't turn out too bad, that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a shame so many Boxing Day games have been called off because it's always one of the highlights of the year, the Boxing Day games played today, which is Boxing Day. I love Boxing Day. Bring on today's Boxing Day games.

Also we won't win. But a point would be nice.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to West Ham 2-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic