West Ham 2-3 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

So one week until our next game. That completes our nice little rest before a big build-up of fixtures.

But hopefully Covid doesn’t interfere with the other games too much. West Ham are away to Tottenham on Wednesday. That’s a game we need to be full of blood and thunder(our next two). We better make the most of this rest. It could well be a massive advantage looking at the fixtures that are coming up. Be great to have a full bill of health by Boxing Day.
Could this be lockdown part 2 for us? One can dream…..

That would bode very well........

6 hours ago, skintsaint said:

ah good..another thumping to these pricks coming up. Keep the festive sporting disappointments going after the Hamilton lost title, Ashes.. 

You missed off Southgate and England winning Team and Manager of the year at SPOTY - and the three of them stood on the stage looking like "how the chuff are we here - we failed - everyone else won".  

1 hour ago, Saint-Reece said:

RALPH Hasenhuttl confirmed that injury-absentee Stuart Armstrong could make a return to Saints training this week, ahead of the West Ham Boxing Day fixture at London Stadium. From the echo: https:/www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19798554.amp/ maybe he has finally been convinced to have his vaccinations 😉

Excellent. Maybe the Brentford postponement came at a good time. We tend to do better when Ralph has had a chance to work on the training ground with the players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danjosaint said:

Well after seeing an article about Stu being anti-vaxxer it did cross my mind if that's why Ralph hasn't had him in squad, Ralph did say nearly all had had jab, maybe Stu has had it and back in the mix 

If the reason he's been missing all this time is because he refused to have the vaccine that is a disgrace on his part and the clubs. If it is true this should have been resolved weeks ago and he should have been playing. Hope this is not the truth behind his absence. The manager and players are paid fortunes so should be doing their job.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Can you point me to said article - thanks 

I'll have a look but I'm sure it was around time on Scotland duty, possibly rehashed news but there was some comment on it, maybe Saint-Reece a  couple of posts back has seen anything as his post also implied it 

1 hour ago, danjosaint said:

I'll have a look but I'm sure it was around time on Scotland duty, possibly rehashed news but there was some comment on it, maybe Saint-Reece a  couple of posts back has seen anything as his post also implied it 

I hadn’t seen it, I was joking as I saw some people on here in the past week rumour that was why he had disappeared (with what I thought was no substance)! 

1 hour ago, Saint-Reece said:

I hadn’t seen it, I was joking as I saw some people on here in the past week rumour that was why he had disappeared (with what I thought was no substance)! 

It was clearly a very tongue in cheek comment,  funny how rumours start. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saint-Reece said:

RALPH Hasenhuttl confirmed that injury-absentee Stuart Armstrong could make a return to Saints training this week, ahead of the West Ham Boxing Day fixture at London Stadium. From the echo: https:/www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19798554.amp/ maybe he has finally been convinced to have his vaccinations 😉

Fantastic news :)

• Like 1

I will be going to this one hopefully covid permitting, last game I went to was the 4-0 defeat to Liverpool so apologies in advance guys.

This fixture has been terrible for last 4 seasons, lost 3-0 in 3 of them and 3-1 in the other and based on our recent form I’m fully expecting the same. 

I think West Ham is the only team that Ralph hasn’t managed to beat yet in his time here too, just our bogey team.

think it'll be a tight game, they've been poor recently aside from the Chelsea win (which doesn't look so impressive now) 

They've got some defensive issues and Soucek has also been pretty average this year, hopefully tonight's game will affect them 

Edited by Ldnsaint

16 minutes ago, Ldnsaint said:

think it'll be a tight game, they've been poor recently aside from the Chelsea win (which doesn't look so impressive now) 

They've got some defensive issues and Soucek has also been pretty average this year, hopefully tonight's game will affect them 

Hooray! Someone else refusing to join in with the doom-fest that these build-up threads have become! Come on you lot, we're supposed to be Saints supporters! Well... most of us...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nta786 said:

There are rumours circulating on Twitter that Antonio may be missing due to Covid - a big plus for us if true despite his inconsistent form recently. 

Yarmolenko maybe his replacement. Looking at Wiki, he hasn't scored in two seasons in the league (no goals in 20/21 or so far in 21/22). So, pop him down for a hat-trick if he plays...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to West Ham 2-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic