Saints 2-0 Norwich - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Just now, Dorchester Saint said:

You have wasted your Friday evening sitting in your Y fronts, slagging off the team you purport to love, while they beat Norwich without even getting out of second gear. Congrats loser!

Fuck off you prick. I'm more than happy and was only half serious. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, trousers said:

If we don't get to the FA Cup final this season, given our current form, I'll be gutted 

I'm telling you, final vs Chelsea, camera panning to Broja in the crowd all game, 9-0 this 9-0 that. A furious AA comes off the bench and lashes home the winner and catapults himself into Saints folk lore,..

• Like 3

Very routine victory, superb play from KWP, Romeu, Stu, Livra, Salisu, and JWP. Thought Broja was poor today and has had a couple of poor games recently where he has looked a little off it. Adams too I thought maybe struggled a bit outside of his goal. Either way we did very well, Romeu and JWP dominated them, as expected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, igsey said:

Up to 9th. Nosebleed territory.

Don't think we're catching Wolves or Spurs but we're ahead of Villa even if they won both their games in hand, which as we all know, is the most important thing.

Looking at our fixtures and form I think we could

• Like 4

We were so much better than them it was ridiculous. Miles better in every department and felt we had another gear if needed. It reminded of those comfortable wins in the championship and league one seasons where it was never in doubt we’d win, never thought they’d score and just a question of how many we’d score. Great stuff to do that in the premier league 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

We were so much better than them it was ridiculous. Miles better in every department and felt we had another gear if needed. It reminded of those comfortable wins in the championship and league one seasons where it was never in doubt we’d win, never thought they’d score and just a question of how many we’d score. Great stuff to do that in the premier league 

This

12 minutes ago, igsey said:

Up to 9th. Nosebleed territory.

Don't think we're catching Wolves or Spurs but we're ahead of Villa even if they won both their games in hand, which as we all know, is the most important thing.

Top half great.  "Comfortably" top half plus a cup run.  Who could argue.

• Like 1

Carragher and Neville dropping some realism in with some fair points, actually. They said the teams above us (maybe Wolves aside) have better teams than us overall (West Ham maybe not?), so Europe would be a stretch given their points advantage over us.

Didn't like the 'club that size' lark though, hit a raw nerve hearing their condescending view of us.

• Like 1

I mean Carra/Nev could have worded bits better, but for sure Ralph is pound for pound probably achieving the most out there.

If they ever highlighted the frailties of the likes of Villa, Newcastle, Everton, even Leicester, clubs whose net spend blows us out the water, then what Saints are achieving is astounding. Let’s not forget the amounts Wolves/WHU have spent too. 

Really proud of everyone again tonight, I’ve certainly had a good spring in my step amidst this good form. 

• Like 3

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 2-0 Norwich - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic