Bournemouth 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

I'd mix it up and go for pace and flair - Edozie, Mara and Djenepo. Element of surprise, and see what we can do. With those 3, we could get quite a few freekicks, and fancy DCC to power in either and header or a knock down scramble in the box after a free kick or corner.

On a side note, interesting to note that Stephens has only played a minute for Bournemouth so far...!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, disconnect said:

On a side note, interesting to note that Stephens has only played a minute for Bournemouth so far...!

That’s because he is not a Premier League defender and the fact we played him so much and that some fans STILL try to make a case for him tells you all you need to know about how shite we have been at the back.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

A loss at Bompey will surely be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as Ralph is concerned. 

If we win will we be happy to see him carry on or will we have the hump? 

I think this particular camel's back is stronger than we estimated and it will take more than a few straws to break it 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, disconnect said:

I'd mix it up and go for pace and flair - Edozie, Mara and Djenepo. Element of surprise, and see what we can do. With those 3, we could get quite a few freekicks, and fancy DCC to power in either and header or a knock down scramble in the box after a free kick or corner.

I'd go similar I think, if Che is out.

Mara
Edozie - Stu - Aribo 

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

After witnessing the debacle of West Ham at home I am expecting nothing, absolutely nothing.   No shots, no goals, no points, nothing. 

Unfortunately I feel exactly the same, I’m just clinging to the hope that Bournemouth bottle it as per.

Its terrible that we are going into a game against a team as poor and small as Bournemouth with most us expecting nothing more than a miserable loss. This lot are crap, somehow they're 11th in the league. It's embarassing that whilst we're struggling to stay in the league club likes Bournemouth, Brighton, Brentford and Fulham are looking upwards, meanwhile we're told we're arrogant and lucky to be here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Its terrible that we are going into a game against a team as poor and small as Bournemouth with most us expecting nothing more than a miserable loss. This lot are crap, somehow they're 11th in the league. It's embarassing that whilst we're struggling to stay in the league club likes Bournemouth, Brighton, Brentford and Fulham are looking upwards, meanwhile we're told we're arrogant and lucky to be here. 

The arrogance sits firmly with the club else we wouldn’t be in the position we are - diss your supporters at your peril.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Semmens is just carrying on from where super Les Reed left off 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

If Adams is out, other rumours are somewhat accurate and we line up something like this...

A. Armstrong
Walcott/Djenepo - Elyounoussi - Aribo
AMN - JWP
Perraud - Salisu - DCC - KWP
Bazunu

Would that team get out the Championship? Fucking hell.

You'd only have Salisu, KWP & JWP as actual definite Premier League quality players.

Yes, that's a decent Championship team tbf

• Haha 1

Do not seeing anything less than a 2 goal loss. Like Turkish says losing to a tinpot club like Bompey really has to be as bad as it can get. Whether the gutless people in charge do anything if we do lose, I certainly will not hold my breath in hope. Oh for a Gary Neil type coach and motivator.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bournemouth vs Saints - Match Thread

Telling thing is, aside from possibly Edozie its pretty hard to say that he is leaving out players who are better, or have shown better form, than those who are starting.

In attack it really is a weak set of options at this level.

9 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

So basically the same as against WH then. And that worked so well didn't it, so why not 🤦

Well, it’s the team which could have been 3-0 up at HT with better finishing, so unless you think Walcott or Mara are going to rectify that, I’m not sure why the facepalm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

How does Ely KEEP getting into the team?!

He was excellent in the first half on Sunday, the best he's played for ages. Second half poor but so was the whole team. I was with a couple of neutral friends and they said he was the best player for us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

He’s not a bad player.

The trouble is that he’s not a very good one either.

I mean, he's not Ali Dia levels of bad obviously but in context with the position we were in when we had him, he's about as good as Jermaine Wright.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pamplemousse said:

He was excellent in the first half on Sunday, the best he's played for ages. Second half poor but so was the whole team. I was with a couple of neutral friends and they said he was the best player for us

He was ok first half. Excellent? No. Then second half he was utterly atrocious. 

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bournemouth 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic