Bournemouth 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

Think we can bother their full-backs if we play with pace out wide, so one to drop Moi for probably.  Billing is the sort of player who will either be anonymous, or we'll give him plenty of time and space and he'll make sure we're beaten comfortably. Not sure otherwise where their threats come from.

Assuming that Ralph is sacked later today, and I'm given the call-up for excellent tactical policies in my Fifa career modes to date, my team would be:

--------Bazunu-------

KWP-DCC-Salisu-Perraud

-----JWP---AMN-------

Edozie--Aribo---A.Armstrong

--------Adams----------

Try and get at them early, front 3 pressing high and Aribo linking with the midfield base.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Think we can bother their full-backs if we play with pace out wide, so one to drop Moi for probably.  Billing is the sort of player who will either be anonymous, or we'll give him plenty of time and space and he'll make sure we're beaten comfortably. Not sure otherwise where their threats come from.

Assuming that Ralph is sacked later today, and I'm given the call-up for excellent tactical policies in my Fifa career modes to date, my team would be:

--------Bazunu-------

KWP-DCC-Salisu-Perraud

-----JWP---AMN-------

Edozie--Aribo---A.Armstrong

--------Adams----------

Try and get at them early, front 3 pressing high and Aribo linking with the midfield base.

I would have Aribo publicly executed at the Bargate after his "walking football" performance yesterday. Unless he was carrying an injury, in which case a day in the stocks will have to suffice. Stu has to be in there, I'd still pick Elyounoussi, save Edozie for later in the match. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I would have Aribo publicly executed at the Bargate after his "walking football" performance yesterday. Unless he was carrying an injury, in which case a day in the stocks will have to suffice. Stu has to be in there, I'd still pick Elyounoussi, save Edozie for later in the match. 

Any particular reason? He’s been just as shit as the rest of our 10’s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I’d probably stick the same team out as yesterday. Need more from AMN and Aribo especially though. 

Still no idea where the goals are coming from though. 

I'd be tempted to put Edozie in from the start. We need something extra in that final third which the others aren't bringing.

Edozie for Armstrong would be my shout.

Aribo - agree, he's got bundles of ability but just seems a bit lost in the team. That's the feeling I got from him anyway, he's not entirley sure on his role or position. He's got more talent than anyone else we have so for that reason he must start.

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Im going to confidently predict a 1-2 win for Saints here. Bournemouth have a huge inferiority complex against us, we always seem to have their number. Victory is ours.

That’s the spirit! Sadly I don’t share your optimism. We’re a shambles and our manager has utterly lost the plot. 

Cherries will win and they’ll never stop talking about it, bless them.  

Unless we start Edozie, Lavia starts and drop Elyouseless and then we might have a decent chance. 

Edited by niceandfriendly
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd be tempted to put Edozie in from the start. We need something extra in that final third which the others aren't bringing.

Edozie for Armstrong would be my shout.

Aribo - agree, he's got bundles of ability but just seems a bit lost in the team. That's the feeling I got from him anyway, he's not entirley sure on his role or position. He's got more talent than anyone else we have so for that reason he must start.

Edozie at least looks like he wants the ball and will take people on, we need to win a few more free kicks in range for JWP so he could help with that. 

ABK will be out with a dislocated shoulder surely? 

4 minutes ago, JRM said:

Edozie at least looks like he wants the ball and will take people on, we need to win a few more free kicks in range for JWP so he could help with that. 

He's not afriad to take a shot at goal, seems more direct then anyone else we have. It wouldn't take a world beater to be better than what we have, so nothing to lose.

ABK could be a long term one, depends how bad the ligament damage is as by all accounts the shoulder did pop back in. Glad we seriously strengthend at the back in the summer, that's probably the only good thing about us this season.

Edited by S-Clarke

52 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Any particular reason? He’s been just as shit as the rest of our 10’s.

I thought we looked much better when he came on yesterday, I agree he hasn't been himself recently, but I'm hoping he's a bit fitter and less fatigued after the internationals.  

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Genuinely think Bournemouth are better than us right now and I think they will beat us…..who’d have thought changing manager would have a +ve effect eh?

#ralphout  

they have the new manager bounce, however their 5 or so games are up. Our teams are very similar in terms of ability I think 

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Bournemouth unbeaten in 6 games.

We haven't won in 5 games.

Quite clearly gonna be a Saints win, that's how it works right?

Clutching at straws , game is on amazon prime don't we have a good record on that channel? 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

I'm disappointed he didn't play on, if it was only a dislocated shoulder. He only needed to look to a fellow countryman for inspiration. FFS.

spacer.png  spacer.png

Looking forward to this. I work down there and they like us really. 

Think we’ll win this. Why? Because it’s Bournemouth and we usually beat them before the games even started. 

Edited by LGTL

8 hours ago, Toussaint said:

When did Stu last play well? Last two seasons he has been a liability. 

Although he wasn't great thought Aribo showed more, Ely is better and works harder, Edozie did more on Saturday than Stu has for a while, Djenepo has been better. Adam Armstrong a lot better. 

Stu should not start. 

Looking at that list and lack of quality you can see why we are struggling. 

--------Bazunu-------

KWP-DCC-Salisu-Perraud

-----JWP---AMN-------

Walcott--Aribo---A.Armstrong

--------Adams----------

I think we’ll line up like this. Have a feeling we won’t lose. The issue will be that I don’t want us to drop points nor do I want us to go behind.

2-0 Saints. Early goal from Che, another before half time. Hang on.

Bournemouth reaping the rewards so far of ditching a manager they had no confidence in and now six games unbeaten, winning two.

Their confidence will be high but think we may snatch a draw here from somewhere if we start like we did Sat, take the lead and do the usual hanging on.

Edited by skintsaint
  • Like 1

How on earth can you guys want us to win this if it means we stick with clueless Ralph.

I honestly think if we get battered he has to leave first thing in the morning.

Getting a decent manager in will bring us back our great days again.

A draw Wednesday and the club will eventually get relegated as it will be a slow painful death with Ralph drawing the odd game till January in which we will be 8 points adrift.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Getting a decent manager in will bring us back our great days again.

Based on what? I’m not sure Guardiola could do too much with the current lot. A team with no goal scorers will always struggle. 

I also, will never want us to lose so the manager gets sacked. Especially in such a big game. 

It’s highly likely we’ll get relegated anyway, unless we spend a load on money in Jan which let’s be honest, probably isn’t going to happen. 

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 1

Id bring Edozie in for Aribo. Despite Aribo being one of the few players that can score in our side, his all round play is a bit shyte in my opinion. I cant make up my mind if he is lazy or just doesn't understand what is required from him without the ball. Seems to ball watch and fail to track his man and a liability away from home.

He seems a bit of a luxury player in a side that needs to do the basics better and it surprises me not that no other Prem club was in for a player that was available for about £8m.

On the other side of the coin he can be a match winner but 1 game in 5 or 6 isnt enough when he offers little in the other games. 

On  a positive note I guess this post will guarantee a winning goal from Aribo against then cherries.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Based on what? I’m not sure Guardiola could do too much with the current lot. A team with no goal scorers will always struggle. 

I also, will never want us to lose so the manager gets sacked. Especially in such a big game. 

It’s highly likely we’ll get relegated anyway, unless we spend a load on money in Jan which let’s be honest, probably isn’t going to happen. 

I totally disagree with you for once.

I think we have a good squad but they are not managed properly in training plus on match day.

Confidence is everything in sport and right now our guys have hit rock bottom.

Get someone in that believes in the players and get them playing to their strengths. He will have them winning games in no time. 

PS JWP, KWP, Armstrong & Adams are a shadow of what they have been for Saints and these 4 players NEED a new manager to kick start them again.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bournemouth 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic