James Ward-Prowse

Roger

Just now, TWar said:

Guess the set piece goals don't matter then... 

of course they matter. It’s essentially the sole reason he has any reputation. However, it paints a picture that he’s a better player than he is. 

For example, you compared directly with players like Champions league winning Mount, Grealish, Raphina LOL

1 minute ago, SKD said:

of course they matter. It’s essentially the sole reason he has any reputation. However, it paints a picture that he’s a better player than he is. 

For example, you compared directly with players like Champions league winning Mount, Grealish, Raphina LOL

I compared the value of his goal output. Sorry that's a little tricky for you to grasp.

Goals win games, and JWP got us 15. There we go, nice and simple. 

Just now, TWar said:

I compared the value of his goal output. Sorry that's a little tricky for you to grasp.

Goals win games, and JWP got us 15. There we go, nice and simple. 

Its no point having a opinion different to his and more futile in this case as he will never give credit to JWP for some strange reason. 

But he doesn't really like anything Saints TBH

• Like 1

Just now, Chapel End said:

Its no point having a opinion different to his and more futile in this case as he will never give credit to JWP for some strange reason. 

I’ve given him credit for his free kicks in this very thread, you strange man. 

Just now, Chapel End said:

I remember he once said we are in a worse situation than pompey. Never sure if he's a troll or just the most miserable fan I've ever spoken to. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

How many did we concede because our midfield is soft as shite? 

Check how many wins we got when Romeu was out the side. 

Edited by SKD

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

How many did we concede because our midfield is soft as shite? 

Very few, I'd imagine, because he isn't. He wins a very good number of 50/50s and is actually very good on aerial duel stats which shows he is pretty strong at not being knocked off aerial contests either. 

Of course neither of these matter to you because you reckon he's soft because he doesn't yell at his team mates. 

1 minute ago, SKD said:

The stats tell you His Goals win games mate. 15 goals and errr 12 wins 🤔

Not every goal will win the game, obviously, use your brain mate. His goals have won us a number of points this season which without them we would be in a lot more trouble. Really shouldn't have to explain that.

You know the team that scores the most win right? So goals win games but scoring doesn't mean you definitely win? Or is that a bit technical for you? Don't wanna get too stats heavy. 

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Very few, I'd imagine, because he isn't. He wins a very good number of 50/50s and is actually very good on aerial duel stats which shows he is pretty strong at not being knocked off aerial contests either. 

Of course neither of these matter to you because you reckon he's soft because he doesn't yell at his team mates. 

It’s amazing really, I mean I know Southgate has questionable judgement but surely an absolutely world beater going forward and a tank at the back would have single handily won us the euros. 

Just now, TWar said:

Not every goal will win the game, obviously, use your brain mate. His goals have won us a number of points this season which without them we would be in a lot more trouble. Really shouldn't have to explain that.

You know the team that scores the most win right? So goals win games but scoring doesn't mean you definitely win? Or is that a bit technical for you? Don't wanna get too stats heavy. 

I genuinely put that just to get a bite, but edited to make an actual point. But thanks for taking the bait. 

6 minutes ago, TWar said:

I remember he once said we are in a worse situation than pompey. Never sure if he's a troll or just the most miserable fan I've ever spoken to. 

I have him on ignore but cannot avoid him because the quote function unfortunately. 

He could start an argument in a room on his own

4 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Possibly but if Prowse hadn't scored those free kicks and not had the assists we would have lost more games

How can you possibly say that? A more creative midfielder could have easily lead to more chances for ings, Adams etc. 

9 minutes ago, SKD said:

It’s amazing really, I mean I know Southgate has questionable judgement but surely an absolutely world beater going forward and a tank at the back would have single handily won us the euros. 

Southgate is an idiot. Took him an age to call up grealish and now is utterly failing to do anything worth while with one of our best squads in years. Absolutely not a mark of quality considering all his blunders leaving JWP at home is bad but probably not even in his top 3.

2 hours ago, egg said:

I don't think anyone who's saying we wouldn't take £30m appreciates our financial position. We've always sold, it's our business model, and there's a greater need now more than for a long time. 

This.

People on here have no idea how much £30m quid is or what it looks like and what that pays for.

If we got offered anything around or over that figure he's half way out the door.

And it wouldn't be because he wants to leave as much as it would be being pushed to leave.

We're financially properly in the shit.

1 hour ago, Chapel End said:

Oh dear, going to be one or two on here unhappy at that 

Doubt they'll be one. Don't confuse thinking he's not good enough for England with wanting him gone. 

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Never felt like a goer to me: contract too long and I couldn't see JWP forcing through a move to, er, Villa.

Still, if all true, it's great news.

Lord knows we need him next year.

Our most important player? I don't disagree with that, but that statement says a lot about our past promise versus our future ability. 

Years ago I would have hoped that JWP would become the very capable player he is......I had just hoped that we would have more important players.

• Like 1

JWP is a solid defensive midfielder who just happens to be very good at set pieces. He can sometimes be a little slow getting back from forward positions in comparison with others who play that role. He is not Kante. Given how Southgate has set the England team up (God it was dull last night) and how reliant we are on set-pieces I am amazed JWP is watching the on TV. He is no better or worse than Phillips or Rice and has the bonus of being able to kick the ball over the first defender's shins.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, SKD said:

I’m staggered people think 30m is ‘massively’ under his value. 

Buendia was only 33m and he’s a much better player in a traditionally more expensive position (attackers always seem to have more value as they’re match winners). 

Look I Love Buendia

but you talk out of your backside ALOT -

Have you ever heard of a side having a strong base foundation?

A team being a sum of its parts?

A transfer costing X more because of contract length left or the selling club knowing that the buying club is desperate or has money?

Most Expensive Defenders PL:
  • Aymeric Laporte – Manchester City £57m
  • Manchester City – Ruben Dias (£62m)
  • Jose  Cancelo - Man City - £59m
  • Ben Chillwell - Chelsea - £50m
  • VVD - Liverpool - £75m
  • Harry Maguire - Man U - £80m
  • John Stones - Man City - £50m
  • AWB - Man U - £50m

Most expensive Forwards PL:

• Seb Haller - West Ham - £45m
  • Lacazette - Arsenal - £46m
  • Sterling - Man City - £50m
  • PEA - Arsenal - £56m
  • Morata - Chelsea - £60m
  • Pepe -  Arsenal - £72m
  • Lukaku - Man U - £75m
  • Marhez - Man City - £60m

OTHERS:

• Rodri - £67m - Def CM - Man city
  • Alisson - £70m - GK - Liverpool
  • Arrizparlagg - £70m - GK - Chelsea
  • Pogba - Some kind of Midfielder - £89m - Man U

When you look at those lists its like your point / opinion about attacking players is a nonsense 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, le_tiss said:

Look I Love Buendia

but you talk out of your backside ALOT -

Have you ever heard of a side having a strong base foundation?

A team being a sum of its parts?

A transfer costing X more because of contract length left or the selling club knowing that the buying club is desperate or has money?

Most Expensive Defenders PL:
  • Aymeric Laporte – Manchester City £57m
  • Manchester City – Ruben Dias (£62m)
  • Jose  Cancelo - Man City - £59m
  • Ben Chillwell - Chelsea - £50m
  • VVD - Liverpool - £75m
  • Harry Maguire - Man U - £80m
  • John Stones - Man City - £50m
  • AWB - Man U - £50m

Most expensive Forwards PL:

• Seb Haller - West Ham - £45m
  • Lacazette - Arsenal - £46m
  • Sterling - Man City - £50m
  • PEA - Arsenal - £56m
  • Morata - Chelsea - £60m
  • Pepe -  Arsenal - £72m
  • Lukaku - Man U - £75m
  • Marhez - Man City - £60m

OTHERS:

• Rodri - £67m - Def CM - Man city
  • Alisson - £70m - GK - Liverpool
  • Arrizparlagg - £70m - GK - Chelsea
  • Pogba - Some kind of Midfielder - £89m - Man U

When you look at those lists its like your point / opinion about attacking players is a nonsense 

Also the most expensive player on that list, Pogba, also primarily plays as an 8 and is probably the closest player on that list to where JWP plays. The "forwards are the priciest players" thing is definitely getting steadily less accurate with the mad money CB's command nowadays.

6 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

If our attack and defence were better we would have won more games too. 

If any player for any team was better then the team would probably win more. It's a very strange point from Duckhunter that can apply to literally any player at any sports team ever.

Edited by TWar

Just now, Viking Saint said:

Very misleading headline this one. In actuality an unrelated ex-player, Noel Whelan, who has literally no links to Villa or has even played for them said:

“Villa are showing real intent early on," he said.

“I think the move will materialise, it’s happening. They have already got Buendia through the door so it really is exciting times for Aston Villa fans.

“If they can get Ward-Prowse as well, another international, they could really reach that next level.

“He was very unlucky not to be in the England squad for the Euros. He would add serious competition for places."

He used the phrase "It's happening" for some reason, but nothing in the rest of it seems to show he has any of the knowledge to suggest that. If the athletic say it's rubbish though, it probably is.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

If any player for any team was better then the team would probably win more. It's a very strange point from Duckhunter that can apply to literally any player at any sports team ever.

You were banging on the goals and assists of Prowse, as if stats were the only way to judge a player. 

My point was pretty clear and obvious.

Had we had a better midfield player than him, we’d have won more games regardless of how many goals the said midfielder scored. If we had Roy Keane in midfield instead of him, but Roy only scored 2 goals, we’d still win more games than we did with our soft as shite fairies mincing around the midfield area. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If we had Roy Keane in midfield instead of him, but Roy only scored 2 goals, we’d still win more games than we did with our soft as shite fairies mincing around the midfield area. 

He is a bit over the hill now to be fair.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You were banging on the goals and assists of Prowse, as if stats were the only way to judge a player. 

Had we had a better midfield player than him, we’d have won more games regardless of how many goals the said midfielder scored. If we had Roy Keane in midfield instead of him, but Roy only scored 2 goals, we’d still win more games than we did with our soft as shite fairies mincing around the midfield area. 

Problem is, this "mincing fairy" thing you seem so obsessed with is all in your head. He puts in a lot of tackles, wins a high %, wins a lot in the air. You have decided he's some sort of wimp and keep whining about it but there is very little evidence it's true other than just what you reckon because he doesn't yell at his team mates and you get a weird vibe off him.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If we had "Roy Keane" - I assume you're talking about in his day, rather than now....do you think we could have signed Roy Keane from Forest or Man Utd? - of course we couldn't...

JWP is a fantastic player "at our level", has grown massively as a player and an integral player in our high energy system.  I have no idea why you have such a problem with JWP, it's a bit weird tbh.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

no we would not. We would lose more because we would be down to 10 men more often.

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

meg ryan orgasm GIF

3 hours ago, TWar said:

Problem is, this "mincing fairy" thing you seem so obsessed with is all in your head. He puts in a lot of tackles, wins a high %, wins a lot in the air. You have decided he's some sort of wimp 

A player that ducks when a shot is going to hit him in the face is a wimp, end of. 

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Was he not one 1 of the top 10 cms this season? 

Squawka has him down in top5  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.squawka.com/en/premier-league-best-midfielders-2020-21/%3famp

14 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

A player that ducks when a shot is going to hit him in the face is a wimp, end of. 

So judging his value and quality partly off his 15 goal contributions last season is bad but basing it off ducking one shot once is completely sound logic? You couldn't make it up.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TWar said:

So judging his value and quality partly off his 15 goal contributions last season is bad but basing it off ducking one shot once is completely sound logic? You couldn't make it up.

Don’t be a plank. That was just an example of why he’s a wimp. 

He’s a tidy player, pretty decent positional  understanding, extremely good at set pieces, nice touch.  However, he’s too one paced, too safe, weak mentally and a bit of a wimp. Shouldn’t be captain, but would make a nice son in law. 

• Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Don’t be a plank. That was just an example of why he’s a wimp. 

He’s a tidy player, pretty decent positional  understanding, extremely good at set pieces, nice touch.  However, he’s too one paced, too safe, weak mentally and a bit of a wimp. Shouldn’t be captain, but would make a nice son in law. 

Its quite literally your only example of him being a wimp, given his tackle and aerial contest % are really good. If you have another, other than you just reckon he is, then I'm all ears.

Also you have said the same son-in-law thing about 5 times, do you ever get bored of always saying exactly the same things?

Edited by TWar
  • Haha 1

When Ralph arrived, Prowse made a point of saying "no more Mr Nice guy" and was pretty aggressive for a good while after.  Him versus Zaha for example.  Obviously something Ralph saw he needed to improve on.  He does seem to have lost a little of that aggression this season.    

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Interest in JWP - Signs new 5 year contract
  • Lighthouse changed the title to James Ward-Prowse
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic