Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

Hard watch. Not the first f*cking clue what the plan is out there. All for giving managers time but I can't see what Jones has added. He makes it so hard to warm to him and isn't getting the results/performances to warrant some of the nonsense he peddles in his pressers.

We're running out of games to put points on the board yet lining up with Janny B, Ely and Diallo in our 'best XI' - right now it looks like we're going down without a whimper.

Surely the CIty game was a template? 

• Like 1

Leicester signed last year's missing transfer Tete 6 days ago. Puts them 3-2 up on his debut. Weird how no other clubs new signings have to have a bedding in process, starting from the bench. We're 20th because we're playing Adams, Elyounoussi and Diallo every week and will continue to do so.

Nathan Jones' son, the one new signing getting played looks like a waste of money at £750k.

• Like 4

2-0 h/t.

To be fair, I thought we were relatively solid for the majority of the half - albeit lacking any open play threat whatsoever going forward, as usual.

And then the ceiling caved in. As usual.

What else is there to say? This is not a team or club that's going anywhere but out of the league.

- Just as an aside, it really is a fascinating curiosity watching Elyounoussi repeatedly attempt and fail to knock the ball out of his feet and sprint past his opponent. He must be one of the slowest outfield players in the league, always loses every foot race, and yet the thought has seemingly never occurred to him to adapt to play within his limitations. Perhaps he doesn't think he has limitations. Perhaps in his head he's Usain Bolt. Fucking useless lump of shite.

• Like 5

Losing the will to live. These players don't get off Scott free by the way, some of these guys have been throwing it in every week for years now. How many times do our heads drop and we just toss away goal after goal after a set back. They've got a terrible mentality.

But the solutions are there, on the fucking bench.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

We must be the only club that have loaned out two players for not being good enough and now we have them back in our starting XI over other players. 😳 fucking disgraceful.

And another loanee is propelling another team back to the EPL.

Incredible...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Is Nathan Jones worse than Pellegrino?

Discuss!

No, Pellegrino was shocking and that was all on him... then we went and signed Carrillo. Jones is shit but it's not totally his fault.

We are doomed though.

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

To be fair, it's more fun watching the other Welsh cunts getting beaten ;) 

It’s been a one-sided game, Ireland look an outstanding side. Just won in NZ. Taken their foot off the pedal second half but Wales have no chance and Gatland will be gutted on his return.

Just seen the Saints score and irrelevant as they were already relegated anyway. If Dragan wants to save his investment, I’ll keep saying it, give Rafa Benitez a 3 year contract to re build SFC as a football operation top to bottom. With a big name manager, more of the newer players might give it a season to return and next season could be automatic promotion with lots of wins. 

Jones is not and never will be the answer, he’s plummeting past Ian Branfoot and Pellegrino as the worst ever Saints manager. The theme for the next home game surely has to be ‘Jones Out’, hire a flyover etc. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Leicester signed last year's missing transfer Tete 6 days ago. Puts them 3-2 up on his debut. Weird how no other clubs new signings have to have a bedding in process, starting from the bench. We're 20th because we're playing Adams, Elyounoussi and Diallo every week and will continue to do so.

Nathan Jones' son, the one new signing getting played looks like a waste of money at £750k.

Bree didn't have to 'bed in'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I remember being told to "Fuck off back to Luton you negative prick". 

I hated him as Luton manager and I hate him even more as Saints boss. 

Jones is nothing but an egomaniac. Hopefully the doubters amongst you can now see what I was saying? 

You know that this statement isnt dependent on Jones's success 🤣

2 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Jones is nothing but an egomaniac. Hopefully the doubters amongst you can now see what I was saying? 

🤣 double post

Edited by Convict Colony

Just now, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Isn't this your second "I told you so" post in a few minutes? How many are you planning on?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trousers said:

Words I never thought I'd hear myself utter: "Get Allardyce in right now, FFS"

(I'm morphing into DT by the hour)

Why? He's a good manager who has a reputation of keeping teams up. Don't really see why it's such a comical idea to bring him in tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smatt48 said:

No system and No identity.

Completely disjointed across the park, so depressing how far we've fallen. 

The 2nd half now rests on 2 completely new signings to magically turn it around. 

3-0 Final score

What do you expect. Every week he's picking a different starting lineup. He hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing. The players must be so confused. 

Edozie was heard saying "What the fuck is this guy all about?" as he left the pitch after one of the first training sessions. He was spot on! 

Watched Everton today. What Dyche and his coaches have succeeded in instilling in a few days demonstrates what is possible. Their work rate was phenomenal and they all seemed to know what they were doing. Created some good chances, scored a goal and limited Arsenal to scraps. They aint going down and I believe Dyche could have kept us up. Think we're done now.

• Like 2

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic