Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread

coalman

8 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

I'm completely deflated. Yes Jones the front foot aggressive was working but you fucked it by a) playing Janny, b) waiting to freshen it up when we were clearly tiring.

This squad is decent enough to survive with a competent manager.

We've got some good new players now. Ralph would have kept us up with this squad.

Thank God we were only playing against 10 men today or we'd have been annihilated in the second half. 

Just now, obelisk said:

Completely unable to control the game against 10 men. That in itself is a sackable offence. We're down for sure.

Don't think he can blame the players this time. He has just sat back and watched the game slip away. No tactical changes or subs until it was too late. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, coalman said:

He does look pretty broken stood on the touch line. I worry for his welfare I really do

Well, the genius that is Ankersen decided he had to be given more time so it's on him.

Edited by saintant
  • Like 1

Just now, Micky said:

Don't, his payoff will more than cover any private care he may require.  

I want him out of the club. But at the same time I don't want someone to suffer mental harm. The club would have been kinder if they'd sacked him last week than put him through this. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, coalman said:

He does look pretty broken stood on the touch line. I worry for his welfare I really do

I'm sure the millions in compo for sacking him will cushion the blow. What is this club doing. They've not made a right decision in years. It's more than just the manager.

This club is rotten from top to bottom, sad and embarrassed for what we've become.

• Like 2

Yeah that's me done with Jones. I've held off voting for sack in polls till now. Just give it to Selles and make proper change in the summer. We are down now.

Didn't like starting lineup. To be fair AMN did better than i thought but Bednarek is truly the worst CB in the league. Congrats to Nathan Tella for being the best southampton player. Shame he is playing fopr Burnley

Can our managerial agorithim pick someone who can make a decent sub. After a good first half it wasSo obvious for 10 minutes beforehand that wolves were in ascendancy folling their 4 subs . Remidned me of the leeds game where we scraped a draw because Marsch was so tactically stupid

If we had one this I would have had some genuine belief but I really think that is it for us now. 

The half-time team-talk would have been easy for the Wolves manager - "they cannot win a game and they will lose confidence". What happened in that second-half? 

The midfield were so tired, we needed to make the change. So many players just cannot do the 90 mins. 

On 10/02/2023 at 09:38, bobby_charles said:

Jones: "I could have stayed in a mining community, been a PE teacher and had a nice life, married a nice Welsh girl. Beautiful. I didn’t. And that’s nothing against Welsh women."

Now I know I shouldn't want us to loose just to hear the post match presser, but if it is anything like this peach of a comment I am more excited than the game.

Buckle up guys, this will be the peachiest of all the peaches

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Streaky said:

I'm sure the millions in compo for sacking him will cushion the blow. What is this club doing. They've not made a right decision in years. It's more than just the manager.

This club is rotten from top to bottom, sad and embarrassed for what we've become.

Absolutely, I don’t feel one jot of pity for him if he’s sacked, he will be set up for life with the compensation. 

• Like 5

There were some positives.....our new signings look good. We have a squad good enough to stay up. I still believe this.

But we need a better manager: someone with some experience, authority and who can influence a match.

And more than that we need the Welsh twat to fuck off. Today.

• Like 3

Glad I'd already got to the point of accepting relegation. This result doesn't hurt as I'm completely fucking numb to it all, which in itself is a shameful indictment of both our players' weaknesses and Jones's ineptitude. 

Life goes on. Fuck off Jones.

• Like 2

Hahaha, fucking hell that second half was so bad. Pretty sure Bednarek is the worst of all our CB's including those in the U23's but still gets picked.

Could see their first goal coming a mile off, was obviously we needed to change formation and bring on subs 5 minutes before.

Baffling managerial decisions cost us the game. Surely he's gone now.

• Like 4

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic