Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Just now, Turkish said:

When Adams goes as well that probably about 40-45 goals were going to need to replace this season. Good luck with that especially as we fucked up replacing Adams

There is more than one striker in the world. Piroe isn't the only one to exist.

The bed wetting on here is hilarious.

• Like 5

Just now, sfc4prem said:

Precisely - they need to maximise earnings and chances for success. It's a short career, so no point passing up opportunities to get more money or play on 'bigger' stages.

you don’t think Sulemana is on considerably more now than he was this time last year? Players aren’t stupid, he joined a shit team In disarray behind the scene and very likely to go down. He was happy to sign a contract then 

so we should just let everyone leave when they want then? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

How many good seasons did Che have at BCFC? Genuinely don’t know.

He scored 22 the season we signed him. He’s scored 3 already this season and only started one of those games. He would easily get 20-25 goals this season 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

Che is too good for the championship? Really? I’m afraid based upon his record and his history of missing sitters he really isn’t. I think he is perfect for the Championship and if we go back up again he will be an ok reserve on the bench next season. No more than that. He’s not good enough to be a starter in a PL side as he proved over the last two seasons. Hence he was part of the reason we went down.

He isn't good enough as a lone striker but when he was partnered with Ings he managed 9 PL goals and 5 assists which isn't bad as a secondary striker.

Ings got 12 that season and he's well regarded as a PL player 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

When Adams goes as well that probably about 40-45 goals were going to need to replace this season. Good luck with that especially as we fucked up replacing Adams

To be fair we still haven't replaced the goals we lost with SRL and Mane.....!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

you don’t think Sulemana is on considerably more now than he was this time last year? Players aren’t stupid, he joined a shit team In disarray behind the scene and very likely to go down. He was happy to sign a contract then 

so we should just let everyone leave when they want then? 

Tricky isn't it. Sulemana (and sadly Tall Paul) are two players who have least loyalty in terms of time with the club, and least wiggling room in angling for a move.

The problem comes when Sulemana's agent plants seeds in his head about getting himself a big move to a top league. The agent will push it, I'm sure, to get those delicious agent fees.

Sulemana probably doesn't give a shit about the club and wants to maximise the potential for big clubs to see his talent. I imagine him and his agent are hoping for a big bid from a club in the top leagues.

Whether Sulemena is the sort of character to kick up a fuss, down tools, strike and hand in a transfer request (surely to be rejected given he just signed) remains to be seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Haven't seen anything yet. Its a tad like some kids giggling at the back of the class.

You either have stuff to share or you don't, when I had someone in the dressing room, I asked what I could or could not share. This included players coming in and 'events' in the dressing rooms between players. I didnt need to make my own secret society, and quite frankly of all of the group I suspect only one has any contacts the rest are just sycophants and followers.

Yes it does sometimes feel like that, albeit with the special needs department outside the classroom licking the Perspex safety windows whilst drawing crude dicks in the steam from their angry breath. 

I’m all for banter, give and take, but the ad hominem personal stuff seems juvenile and odd to me, name calling et al.  Obviously some history between certain posters but the glove puppet and reactive shite is tedious. Knock yourselves out, literally if you like. 

• Like 1

I have no issue with selling Adams - if we had a replacement for him already.

the Champions is his level but he has a year left on his contract so you have to sell unless he signs a new contract

similar with Adarma - he’s not good/ big enough to be the centre forward and we should have better AMs/wingers 

but I would have liked us to have signed Piroe and Duk for example before cashing in

I am sure there is a plan - it might be B or C by now - but it’s not an obvious one right now

Edited by Rebel

21 minutes ago, Dman said:

Piroe is 6ft and has a physical presence. He can play up front alone - he and AA aren't the same. 

I still do not see any valid argument as to why a club who has made £150m couldn't buy before they sell. 

Thats your opinion, Martin feels differently (as shown in his interview in July where he compares the two) @Fabrice29dug it out a couple of days ago. 

Just now, notnowcato said:

Indeed. The bed-shittery and what-iffery on here is fucking Olympic standard. 

The thing that people seem to forget whether Adams stays or leaves, we will this season get a decent number of goals from midfield with the likes of Stu and Alcaraz playing. Our midfield looks more than solid. We have potential goals coming from several players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Thats your opinion, Martin feels differently (as shown in his interview in July where he compares the two) @Fabrice29dug it out a couple of days ago. 

You're missing the point. Piroe, proven to play through the middle as a number 9 alone and score goals. AA can't do that, mainly because of his physicality - we've tried it all of pre-season and 2 of 3 games this season and had to bring Che on to save us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Plus some of these bizarre personalised attacks are making the group rather reticent to pass on information. No need for it. 

A couple of points here.

Firstly, the whole point of a “secret society” is that it is supposed to be “secret”. Once everybody has been told that it exists it is no longer “secret”. The members of the CoT could have kept quite and carried on sharing information amongst themselves with the the rest of us none the wiser. Instead we have this childish “we know something you don’t know” thing going on. I assume we are all adults here? Maybe some posters should start behaving that way?

Secondly, if someone has given a poster some information that isn’t meant for general distribution, then why say anything at all? Again these silly pictures and cryptic clues are so childish. If you can’t tell us all who it is, don’t say anything. If it isn’t a big deal then tell us directly and don’t play these pathetic games.

There wouldn’t be any personal attacks if some posters didn’t behave as if they were still in short trousers.

Now let’s get back to some serious bed wetting…

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I take it you missed the post where the Mason Holgate signing was revealed by the CoT? As I mentioned we cannot say too much openly but if you check the posting history of one of our senior members they told the forum that the new centre back would “point” to “building a much stronger defence wall” something a professional Mason would do. they also said the defence was currently “as soft as toffee” in another post, revealing the club we would sign him from. As I said, you need to look closer

Fucking hell, it’s like 3-2-1.  We’ll probably get Dusty Bin up front. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He scored 22 the season we signed him. He’s scored 3 already this season and only started one of those games. He would easily get 20-25 goals this season 

7 in his first 9 in his second and 22 in his  third. So you may be right but you may be wrong. He does appear tho to blow hot and cold. I’d like him to stay around to prove his worth but it doesn’t look like he’s up for it/the club won’t risk him walking for nothing.

1 minute ago, Pilchards said:

I’ve been absolute spot on with everything I’ve said since May.

Looking forward to our new striker if the club can shift Mara. Fucking Mara who’s shit!

Adams is a gonna as he won’t sign a contract.

are you really suggesting that we will only get a new striker once/if Mara goes (with Adams seemingly gone)?

Sports Republic are restructuring following a major investment which was then followed by a major loss of revenue 

they are selling / liquidating the assets to get that investment back - and that means selling players 

they also want to cut the costs / wage bill to a level that fits with our annual revenue 

It’s what any business would do in similar circumstances 

they will use players sales and the parachute payments to recoup that investment over the next 3 years - probably until what’s left of the investment matches the value of the club in the Championship without parachute payments 

any positive difference after that can be spent on growing the business to make a return - i.e flipping your payers and maybe getting promoted

Shea Charles being an example of this 

They would obviously like to get promoted but they are not going to count on it having lost a lot of money already

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

This is the gamble I don’t get. From the start we’ve seen and recent past history those two are pretty much 40 plus goals (they’ve already got us 5 points of our 7). That puts you in top 3 contention and a highly likely £150m plus Prem jaunt (even if we go straight back down). But we’d rather get £35m in and risk it all with an at best unknown recruitment ability..

Just seems completely unnecessary. I get the counterpoints, but ultimately this is a decision we have chosen to make and are in complete control of.  It’s almost like keeping them is too obvious and we’re far too clever for that - let’s hope so.

I don’t believe for a minute that given the choice RM would want to lose either and he is ‘relaxed’

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Looking forward to our new striker if the club can shift Mara. Fucking Mara who’s shit!

We won’t sign a striker if we sell Adams but not Mara? That is simply staggering yet totally unsurprising.

4 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

That one will Be a real test of your ITK credentials. Laughable if true 

12 minutes ago, Hodgey said:

This is the gamble I don’t get. From the start we’ve seen and recent past history those two are pretty much 40 plus goals (they’ve already got us 5 points of our 7). That puts you in top 3 contention and a highly likely £150m plus Prem jaunt (even if we go straight back down). But we’d rather get £35m in and risk it all with an at best unknown recruitment ability..

Just seems completely unnecessary. I get the counterpoints, but ultimately this is a decision we have chosen to make and are in complete control of.  It’s almost like keeping them is too obvious and we’re far too clever for that - let’s hope so.

I don’t believe for a minute that given the choice RM would want to lose either and he is ‘relaxed’

SR don’t do the easy and obvious - it’s been a shit show since they took over so I don’t see why the transfer window will be any different 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Sports Republic are restructuring following a major investment which was then followed by a major loss of revenue 

they are selling / liquidating the assets to get that investment back - and that means selling players 

they also want to cut the costs / wage bill to a level that fits with our annual revenue 

they will use players sales and the parachute payments to recoup that investment over the next 3 years - probably until what’s left of the investment matches the value of the club in the Championship without parachute payments 

any positive difference after that can be spent on growing the business to make a return - i.e flipping your payers and maybe getting promoted

They would obviously like to get promoted but they are not going to count on it having lost a lot of money already

But in my view the losses are self inflicted through their own ineptitude 

• Like 4

Well with all these outgoings and money coming in it will be very interesting to see if we have any other significant signings lined up in the £5m-£10m bracket. Expect we will, we must have seen this coming. Sorry to see these lads go but we have an opportunity now for a substantial rebuild.

1 minute ago, mitch01 said:

Well with all these outgoings and money coming in it will be very interesting to see if we have any other significant signings lined up in the £5m-£10m bracket. Expect we will, we must have seen this coming. Sorry to see these lads go but we have an opportunity now for a substantial rebuild.

Substantial rebuild and 7 days to do it. Got to laugh.

• Like 2

With Tella and Che quite clearly on their way.

The only thing I’m convinced of is we’re shipping 30+ goals out of the door and Fraser so far ain’t going to replace them.

We’re selling our chance of promotion, promotion which brings back all the income opportunities that the EPL brings for short-term financials rather than long-term.

I hope the final week of the window will change my feeling, but we are considerably weaker as these weeks go on.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dman said:

You're missing the point. Piroe, proven to play through the middle as a number 9 alone and score goals. AA can't do that, mainly because of his physicality - we've tried it all of pre-season and 2 of 3 games this season and had to bring Che on to save us. 

No, I'm not missing the point. The point is that RM said he was very similar to AA, so why do we need two similar players. What you or I think is irrelevant. 

Edited by Farmer Saint

27 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Substantial rebuild and 7 days to do it. Got to laugh.

Yeah true. But all depends on how much of the preparatory work has been done. Quite conceivable to get 4-5 in the door if we've done the groundwork. Only time will tell I guess.

58 minutes ago, Rebel said:

They got us in this financial mess from their monumental cock ups last season. Fuck them. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

But in my view the losses are self inflicted through their own ineptitude 

Quite a few failing businesses cut the staff numbers to compensate for inept top level management. It's not unique to Saints, or even football.